Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dixiefly wrote: »
    They would take ye to the cleaners, just like they would to any other Leinster county.

Sure I know that more than anyone.

Would be good to see Kildare attack the game though and show some heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

Sure I know that more than anyone.

Would be good to see Kildare attack the game though and show some heart

One game at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Minors out against Cavan saturday at 6.30 in Navan

Were Cavan minors beaten by Derry last week or the week before? Or did they win I'm lost with their matches

Dr Crippen wrote: »
    One game at a time :)
    who said i was looking past kerry? i dont expect to beat kerry i was simply discussing my disappointment from the dublin game and i would like another craic at them showing the form v cork

• Advertisement

who said i was looking past kerry? i dont expect to beat kerry i was simply discussing my disappointment from the dublin game and i would like another craic at them showing the form v cork

Ha don't get all defensive I agree with you but just one game at a time. I think we can beat Kerry as I said before always believe

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What odds are we to beat Kerry?

6/1 with paddy power as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I haven't backed them all year so I'm going leave it at that and let the doctor do this magic instead

Me or the team doctor :)

Done well this year backing Kildare, even backing the draw for the first game in Port Laoise.

Much like the Cork game Kildare have nothing to lose against Kerry. They are making positive ground and huge improvements. If Kildare can maintain scoring like they have in the last few games it puts them in a good position. I personally thought the Kerry defence looked very shaky against Cork and that Kildare will get plenty of scoring opportunities. That's my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Nib wrote: »
    Moorefield v Sarsfields is the Division 1 league final. Moorefield beat Leixlip 0-18 to 0-7. 0-7 each for Ronan Sweeney and Eanna O'Connor. Sarsfields were beaten by Carbury. St Kevin's and Kilcock relegated.

Larries v Raheens will be the Division 2 final. Good league campaign for Straffan who finished third. Robertstown are relegated. Suncroft or Sallins will join them, Suncroft need to beat Robertstown and hope Sallins lose against Two Mile House and also beat a 3 point scoring difference. Not impossible, Robertstown were hammered by Nurney last week and only managed 0-2 so you'd think Suncroft will win comfortably.

Castlemitchell v Ballyteague will contest the Division 3 final. Milltown will be kicking themselves, after having a great start they have fallen away badly. Lowly Ballykelly will most likely pick up the wooden spoon.
    Suncroft relegated, they were beaten 4-5 to 1-13 by Robertstown, it mattered little as Sallins beat Two Mile House 2-12 to 0-4. Two crazy results that go against all form.

Sash and Moores will be an interesting one. Hopefully Fergal Barry doesn't ref it

Raheens only team to beat Larries during league. Still Larries would probably have too much in final with O'Neill and Fogarty back

Sarsfields v Moorefield games tend to be dull affairs in my experience. It would be nice to see some new teams coming through and competing with them. Celbridge with all their county players seem to struggle in trying to integrate them back into their team come championship time.

Raheens scraped a 1 point win over Nurney tonight. They will have to improve a lot if they are to compete for the intermediate title. It's a toss up between Towers and Castledermot at the moment IMO.

With the league over, club players will be twiddling their thumbs now until at least 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Sarsfields v Moorefield games tend to be dull affairs in my experience. It would be nice to see some new teams coming through and competing with them. Celbridge with all their county players seem to struggle in trying to integrate them back into their team come championship time.

Raheens scraped a 1 point win over Nurney tonight. They will have to improve a lot if they are to compete for the intermediate title. It's a toss up between Towers and Castledermot at the moment IMO.

With the league over, club players will be twiddling their thumbs now until at least 3 weeks.

Celbridge won the league last year and really should have beaten Moorefield in the championship. I'd expect Celbridge to be thereabouts especially if Paddy Brophy comes home for the autumn once the AFL season is over.

Sarsfields are hard to figure out. They threw away the drawn final last year. They've a lot of good young players but lack the mental toughness of their neighbours. I don't think Moorefield would have capitulated against Athy like Sarsfields did.

I expect Athy and Celbridge will give the championship a serious rattle this year and I hope they do break the Newbridge dominance because it's not healthy for Kildare football. Carbury, Larries and Naas are probably slightly off the level of those 4 teams.

Kildare team v Kerry

1. Mark Donnellan (Maynooth)
    2. Ciarán Fitzpatrick (Kilcock)
    3. Mick O'Grady (Celbridge)
    4. Ollie Lyons (Celbridge)
    5. Kevin Murnaghan (Moorefield)
    6. Eoin Doyle (Naas)
    7. Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
    8. Tommy Moolick (Leixlip)
    9. Paul Cribbin (Johnstownbridge)
    10. Eoghan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
    11. Niall Kelly (Athy)
    12. Pádraig O'Neill (St Laurence's)
    13. Éamonn Callaghan (Naas)
    14. Alan Smith (Sarsfields)
    15. Cathal McNally (Johnstownbridge)

I'd say they were made name a team for the media. Probably won't know if O'Grady and Callaghan are fit yet

The Kildare Minor Football Team to face Cavan in today's All Ireland Minor Quarter Final in Nvavan, Throw in 6.30 has been named as:

1 Declan Campbell - Raheens
    2 Ronan Slattery - Eadestown
    3 Mike Joyce - Round Towers
    4 Darren Lawlor - Rheban
    5 Sean Healy - Moorefield
    6 Shea Ryan - Sarsfields
    7 Gavin Burke - Two Mile House
    8 Daniel Courtney - Kilcock
    9 Rory Feely - Athy
    10 Conor Hartley - Sarsfields
    11 Ethan O Donohue - Clane
    12 Brian Mc Loughlin - Clane
    13 Ciaran Kelly - Clane
    14 Matthew Kelly - Round Towers
    15 Jimmy Hyland - Aylmer Gaels

Jack Sheedy has taken over the Kilcock manager's job. Not sure what's going on there unusual to change managers nearing the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Can't see Kildare causing an upset at the weekend but be nice to see Kildare progressing if they could. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Jack Sheedy has taken over the Kilcock manager's job. Not sure what's going on there unusual to change managers nearing the end of the season

Cormac Davey stepped down after they were relegated.

Where was Sheedy managing prior to him taking the Kilcock job?

I wouldn't say he comes cheap!

Where was Sheedy managing prior to him taking the Kilcock job?

I wouldn't say he comes cheap!

He was the Longford manager

Kildare 1-11 Cavan 2-2. HT

1-11 to 2-2

Kildare should be further ahead with a strong breeze in the first half. Two Cavan goals have given them hope for the second half. The second goal was very soft from a Kildare point of view.

Kildare full forward line playing well. Shea Ryan is winning a lot of breaking ball around midfield.

We don't make life easy for ourselves!

2-14 to 2-12 win. Very lucky didn't score in the last 15 mins. Cavan gave us a couple of heart in mouth moments in injury time

Christ, that was heart a stopping finish. We certainly don't do things the easy way.

Well done to all, a win is a win!

We play the winners of Galway v Tipp in the semi-final.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Can't see Kildare causing an upset at the weekend but be nice to see Kildare progressing if they could. Best of luck.

Get out lad :)

• Advertisement

i cant sleep so ****ing nervous.....
    CILL DARA ABU

Advertisement