Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I have an awful habit of starting new games, I have never gone further than 2016 on any save. Gonna have to cut down! Does anyone else do this? Or do you just stick to the one or two max?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I have an awful habit of starting new games, I have never gone further than 2016 on any save. Gonna have to cut down! Does anyone else do this? Or do you just stick to the one or two max?

I was the exact same. Kept going about 5 years then restarting and trying a new team but found it boring.

I decided to try the unemployed route from the start and to be a nobody, I was eventually approached by Sligo rovers. Took them to the champions league in 3 years, Then went to bolton and got them from 17th to 6th in 2 years and now I'm managing Vaco in brazil.

It's been fun so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I may have a similar ish type problem as yourself. I do often last past 5 years, then I start a new game, but I keep going in the previous one. Long story short I currently have 7 games on the go :o That's why my updates from any game on here have gone out the window as I tend to play a different one every week :/

Currently playing as:

Dortmund - 2048 (quite possibly the slowest game in human/FM history)
    Barcelona B - 2029
    Liverpool - 2023
    Hadjuk Split - 2017
    Torino - 2014
    PSG - 2012
    Urawa Red Diamonds - 2012

I have an addiction :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mc Love wrote: »
    The game has gone very slow for me and my saved game file wouldnt load. Luckily I had backup but even the loading takes a long time now!

Anyone else experiencing slowness?

Here is what i have found after a bit of looking:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302289-FM-Save-Cleaner-for-FM2012

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/95975-football-manager-save-cleaner-fm2012.html

It doesn't look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The last few seasons- the quality of regens have been really bad! Did sign one player even though his potential is crap - because he was from Limerick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

spent 6 years as a part time club (Harps), got into the champions league last year, balance went up to 12 million.
    Come the beginning of the new season, club decides to go full time. I start bidding for players I wanted before the full time change, were haggling over 300-400 a week wages, and the agent want 1k. Try again, a few days later, same player wants 2 grand a week and the agent 13k!

Damn agents

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Yeah, I really hate the agents in the game.

It's a nice addition as it's realistic but dealing with them can be really frustrating at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

anyone else find that the game starts running very slowly after a few seasons in? in 2017 and its almost unplayable as its so slow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I don't know if it's been mentioned here before but does anyone know if there are mod's for fm 12 where you can go back to like 00,01,02 and play with United ect with the teams from that time? I remember reading it before but can't for the life of me know where!

Anyone got any info or point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Dortmund - 2048 (quite possibly the slowest game in human/FM history)
    spirit_77 wrote: »
    anyone else find that the game starts running very slowly after a few seasons in? in 2017 and its almost unplayable as its so slow!!

2017? Lol.... :pac: Takes me more than 30 minutes to go through a day. Gives me time to fine tune my team :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's happened to a few people. Appears to be the size of your database. It generates probably thousands of new players a year (obviously depends on how many leagues you have active) and never deletes any so it just keeps getting bigger which means it takes longer to go through which means longer load times. Think they will have to introduce something that limits the amount in the database, likely by deleting old players/staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's happened to a few people. Appears to be the size of your database. It generates probably thousands of new players a year (obviously depends on how many leagues you have active) and never deletes any so it just keeps getting bigger which means it takes longer to go through which means longer load times. Think they will have to introduce something that limits the amount in the database, likely by deleting old players/staff.

still using windows xp so maybe that could be a factor either..in older editions used to have great games which would go on for 15 years at least and now it is unplayable after 5 years in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I got that slowdown too so I went back to FM11 with a squad update

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got that slowdown too so I went back to FM11 with a squad update

Think I'll do the same! Any link to the best squad update available?

Really enjoying the Sligo Rovers game I have going but it is so damn slow in 2017(I think). I played for 2 hours yesterday and only advanced 3 weeks.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Think I'll do the same! Any link to the best squad update available?

Really enjoying the Sligo Rovers game I have going but it is so damn slow in 2017(I think). I played for 2 hours yesterday and only advanced 3 weeks.

This is the one I used:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5146

Fixes squads etc and changes the CA/PA of players to reflect their improvement(or the opposite!) but does it realistically. AFAIK there is no Christmas update :(

Over 100k downloads so it can't be bad!

I'm currently playing as Newcastle, doing very well, brought in Papiss Cisse for 7 million and he is banging them in, 6th at Christmas and I brought in Riquelme who is an absolute beast for just over 4 million. Getting old though.

Aim was for a midtable finish but I think I can qualify for the Uefa cup. Squad is paper thin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

my game is incredibly slow. ok, i do have about 10 leagues running but i had the same for fm11 and it was considerably faster. anyone have any tips for speeding the game up. i am averaging about one game an hour at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

remove and add leagues again?

danniemcq wrote: »
    remove and add leagues again?

i've removed league but it seems to make little difference. can something be done with detail level? as the results screen comes up, all under 19 results from across europe come up. how do i get rid? in the detail level i have set nearly all the countries to "none" in terms of details of their cups and so forth. slowness of the game is frustrating to say the least and seems like a lot of people are experiencing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

same here, in 2017 and it was so so slow

got rid of 3 leagues and it has improved dramatically but not as quick as the first few seasons

its obviously harsh on the processor having all these new players while retaining all the historys of all the previous players

will know for the future tho, will be running only 1 league!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This is the one I used:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5146

Fixes squads etc and changes the CA/PA of players to reflect their improvement(or the opposite!) but does it realistically. AFAIK there is no Christmas update :(

Over 100k downloads so it can't be bad!

I'm currently playing as Newcastle, doing very well, brought in Papiss Cisse for 7 million and he is banging them in, 6th at Christmas and I brought in Riquelme who is an absolute beast for just over 4 million. Getting old though.

Aim was for a midtable finish but I think I can qualify for the Uefa cup. Squad is paper thin though.

You know you get him for free (ie already in the squad) with the latest update right?
    I sold him after a season, such a donkey compared with Doumbia and Danny welbeck (Free loan from Utd)

• Advertisement

You know you get him for free (ie already in the squad) with the latest update right?
    I sold him after a season, such a donkey compared with Doumbia and Danny welbeck (Free loan from Utd)
    I was talking about FM11 with the update :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The League of Ireland is woefully put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,837 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SantryRed wrote: »
    The League of Ireland is woefully put together.

The latest update has made things a little bit better. Still the promotion of all the teams that have no link to the LOI as opposed to those who were in the A League is very irritating. Also the changing of the First Division to 13 teams, cannot for the life of me understand where they even came up with that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

CSF wrote: »
    Also the changing of the First Division to 13 teams, cannot for the life of me understand where they even came up with that idea.
    True to life, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The thing I hate about playing in Ireland is how internationals happen at the same time as matches, meaning after a few years, I'm missing at least four or five of my first 11. Why can't the match be postponed when I'm missing players and hardly anyone else is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The thing I hate about playing in Ireland is how internationals happen at the same time as matches, meaning after a few years, I'm missing at least four or five of my first 11. Why can't the match be postponed when I'm missing players and hardly anyone else is?

Also, if you do well in the cups and get into europe, you end up having to play 4-5 games a week. Last season in my game I played games fri-sat-sun-tues.... W2 D1 L1, ended up finishing second by 2 points >:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

My girlfriend asked my why I love Football Manager than I love her. I stormed out of the press conference.:D

can you change the database size in the middle of a game? the game has got even slower making it almost unplayable and i need to do something. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

can you change the database size in the middle of a game? the game has got even slower making it almost unplayable and i need to do something. thanks

Its a lovely new bug that SI introduced, its ruining my save :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My players are getting a insane amount of yellows each game, any way to change this?

Still getting used to everything.

edit: also, you know when you go into a players profile, under his personal details, there is a potential/recommened signing box. I think I got rid of it, any idea how to fix it? A contact box is there now, and when I click the click down thing with more options, none of them have the box I'm looking for.

I'm sure I explained that fairly bad, but any help would be great.

Advertisement