Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone doing a PSG save ? just been sacked in mu second season with them :( Tried one a few weeks ago and was sacked in Feb of my first season :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone doing a PSG save ? just been sacked in mu second season with them :( Tried one a few weeks ago and was sacked in Feb of my first season :mad:

Was just thinking of a game I wanna do. Think I'll try PSG!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've one at the moment. Not played it in ages, in March of the 1st season. You'd be welcome to carry on for me if you want. Only thing is you'll be stuck with my details as manager :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Smithies not make the step up?

He's progressing well, seems to concede a lot though. Bought an israeli 37 year old, good keeper. Could not get a player to come to me at all, not even wayne hennessey.

Smithies seemed to let in a lot of long shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nobody wants any of my youngsters and they are fairly decent!

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've one at the moment. Not played it in ages, in March of the 1st season. You'd be welcome to carry on for me if you want. Only thing is you'll be stuck with my details as manager :/

I think I will start it again and try learn from my many mistakes, number 1 being dont play that whinining princess Javier Pastore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Absolute sickener to the end of my first season with Bournemouth.

Won League One on goal difference, as well as beating Rochdale 6-1 in the Paint trophy. Went on a ridiculous FA Cup run beating West Brom, Chelsea, United and City only to lose on penalties to Birmingham. Did get hockeyed by Wycombe in the League Cup though.

Jordan Obita and Will Keane unreal loans, Dumbuya a super right back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Absolute sickener to the end of my first season with Bournemouth.

Won League One on goal difference, as well as beating Rochdale 6-1 in the Paint trophy. Went on a ridiculous FA Cup run beating West Brom, Chelsea, United and City only to lose on penalties to Birmingham. Did get hockeyed by Wycombe in the League Cup though.

Jordan Obita and Will Keane unreal loans, Dumbuya a super right back as well.

Where's the sickening part?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Losing to Birmingham after beating United, Chelsea and City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Losing to Birmingham after beating United, Chelsea and City?
    Though i suppose losing to Wycombe is pretty sickening :D

• Advertisement

I think I will start it again and try learn from my many mistakes, number 1 being dont play that whinining princess Javier Pastore

He's been injured most of my game, so had no worries with him. My only major problem is getting Marvin Martin to perform. Brought him in during preseason from Sochaux for approx. £12 million and he's not come close to being as good as I'd hoped. Have Cabaye on my shortlist for summer targets so Martin is probably on his way.

Also have trouble with my full backs in that they aren't very good at all. Biševac and Maxwell are both ordinary players, need to be replaced with genuine quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

He's been injured most of my game, so had no worries with him. My only major problem is getting Marvin Martin to perform. Brought him in during preseason from Sochaux for approx. £12 million and he's not come close to being as good as I'd hoped. Have Cabaye on my shortlist for summer targets so Martin is probably on his way.

Also have trouble with my full backs in that they aren't very good at all. Biševac and Maxwell are both ordinary players, need to be replaced with genuine quality.

Martin ans Pastore are beasts for PSG in mine. I keep drawing them in the Champions League too.

elefant wrote: »
    Martin ans Pastore are beasts for PSG in mine. I keep drawing them in the Champions League too.

Its March in my game and Martin's average rating is 6.5 ish. Most of my midfield is in the high 7s. Have a decent lead at the top atm (9 points) so I might experiment with his role in the team to see what I have to change to get the best out of him. If it's a complete failure, then its probably my fault :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Going to be a tough first season in the EPL with Yeovil for me. I can't bring myself to play defensively :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Only got around to getting the game in the last few days.

Played my first game and hadthe airtricity league playable. I had a look at the league table with about 4 games to go and Galway had lost every game (plus their cup games). Some by a fairly heavy margin. They ended up with 3 points, beating Drogheda in the 2nd last game. They then lost the play off 10-1 on aggregate to Limerick.

Is that par for the course? I've never come across a league where a team has done so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Only got around to getting the game in the last few days.

Played my first game and hadthe airtricity league playable. I had a look at the league table with about 4 games to go and Galway had lost every game (plus their cup games). Some by a fairly heavy margin. They ended up with 3 points, beating Drogheda in the 2nd last game. They then lost the play off 10-1 on aggregate to Limerick.

Is that par for the course? I've never come across a league where a team has done so badly.

Yeah same happens for me. You can choose to start the game in January so the season hasn't begun yet.

Cabaye is very good on it, signed him the other day prior to my sacking, the full backs are not great either, iv spent most of my budget on new one, got Affaley, Keita, Podolski and Balotelli on loan, two games into the season played 2 lost one and drew one, id say my p45 will be on the way soon enough

Cabaye is very good on it, signed him the other day prior to my sacking, the full backs are not great either, iv spent most of my budget on new one, got Affaley, Keita, Podolski and Balotelli on loan, two games into the season played 2 lost one and drew one, id say my p45 will be on the way soon enough

Heh, I got Balotelli on loan as well. He's not great :/

I've my transfer list drawn up and mainly want these 4 players:

Cabaye
    Belhanda
    Corchia
    Ben Arfa

Trying to keep PSG as French as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Does loading all the leagues not slow the game down majorly?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Does loading all the leagues not slow the game down majorly?

Yes, quite badly in fact. Then, over the next few seasons, you'll have to deal with a swelling database full of regens from every league you load. Cripples your game eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Yes, quite badly in fact. Then, over the next few seasons, you'll have to deal with a swelling database full of regens from every league you load. Cripples your game eventually.

Was gonna do it for the craic but i think you've changed my mind. :p

Think 7 or 8 should be the limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm doing it and it's ok. I'm guessing thats because it's on my laptop so I can browse the web with my PC while it advances. Only advancing days takes any time, everything else is as normal. Some days are done in ten seconds (slow news days) while others take a few minutes.

It's fine if you have something else to keep you occupied while it's advancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm doing it and it's ok. I'm guessing thats because it's on my laptop so I can browse the web with my PC while it advances. Only advancing days takes any time, everything else is as normal. Some days are done in ten seconds (slow news days) while others take a few minutes.

It's fine if you have something else to keep you occupied while it's advancing.

Nothing makes my laptop fans whirl, quite like FM2012!

Heh, I got Balotelli on loan as well. He's not great :/

I've my transfer list drawn up and mainly want these 4 players:

Cabaye
    Belhanda
    Corchia
    Ben Arfa

Trying to keep PSG as French as possible.

Sacked again :( a run of 1 win in 11 matches was my demise :( Gonna take a Pep style break from management now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Right lads is there anywhere I can download the latest patch for FM?
    Getting the game soon anf I wanna make use of the decent internet I have at the minute before I have to go back to my bogband connection

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Right lads is there anywhere I can download the latest patch for FM?
    Getting the game soon anf I wanna make use of the decent internet I have at the minute before I have to go back to my bogband connection

Steam should update it automatically, the latest version is 12.2.2

Steam should update it automatically, the latest version is 12.2.2

Ya I know it does,it'll just take a long time on my internet ay home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya I know it does,it'll just take a long time on my internet ay home

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm12-patch-1222.html.

I haven't tried it but seems to be a reputable enough site or just type fm 2012 patch into google and something is bound to come up

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm12-patch-1222.html.

I haven't tried it but seems to be a reputable enough site or just type fm 2012 patch into google and something is bound to come up

Any googling leads to either steam updates or torrents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

I went on holidays for a Norwegain Premier League league match, and came back with the Real Madrid job! The game seems to have auto-saved too so there's no way of getting out (the back-up files are from ages ago). I was somewhat looking forward to the challenge of managing superstars after several seasons in less glamorous surroundings, but that's where the problem lies - There is no challenge! My first 5 games have resulted in 5 wins against the other members of La Liga's top six. Does anyone else find managing the elite clubs boring?

Also, I was surprised at how few top class players or younsters are interested in moving here. None of the more promising Spanish prospects (Martinez, Muniain, Isco, Azpilicueta) will even consider my advances

Advertisement