Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

45 games unbeaten in the league still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Samich wrote: »
    PL champs in my first year at Man Utd :D

Hernandez got about 42 league goals, rooney about 38 :D

Lost in the final of the champs league to marseille, and won the league cup.

Unbeaten in the league too, 33 wins and 5 draws :D

Now have a transfer budget of 70 something million :D

Well done! I'm on a 29 unbeaten run in all compitions.

What player's did you buy. What team are you playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

you play as Man U - hardly surprising! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Feel sorry for you. That fúcking question about the players being overly confident and so on. Wrecks my head.

It's now 50 games unbeaten :) The players I bought are/were Douglas Costa, Marvin Martin (getting loads of assists). I'm scoring like mad from corners, twice as many as any other team at least.

Rooney in my first season got 49 goals in 31 starts, and Hernandez scored more than him.

I also bought a few young players who were tipped as wonderkids, have carlos fierro on loan to Antwerp and Robbie Cotton too and Lucas Digne, tipped as a french international in the future as well as Andrea Bertolacci. All young promising players :)

The formation is a 4-1-2-2-1

Phil Jones as a holding midfielder with Costa on the left. 2 centre mids are any from Giggs/Anderson/Fletcher/Martin/Bertolacci and Young/Valencia on the right. the centre mids are set to defend while the wingers are set to attack. Rooney or Hernandez up front, if one of them hasn't scored by 60 mins I usually change them.

• Advertisement

Ps got absolutely destroyed in my first 2 matches of the group stage of the champs league in year 1. 4-2 at home to rangers I lost and lost 4-1 v Zenit too.

Last game v Zenit away, I needed to score 4 goals as goal difference didn't matter, so it went on the head to head.

I had a better goal difference then them but went 1-0 down.

I then score 4 second half goals, the 4th the last kick of the game to equal Zenits result v me so my goal difference took me through :)

After 12 straight wins and 59 games unbeaten I finally lose to liverpool away, 4-3 with a severely depleted squad. Costa,Jones, Rooney and Hernandez all injured aswell as nani, had to start Diouf up front :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

After 12 straight wins and 59 games unbeaten I finally lose to liverpool away, 4-3 with a severely depleted squad. Costa,Jones, Rooney and Hernandez all injured aswell as nani, had to start Diouf up front :pac:

Always an excuse :rolleyes:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My Board are in the planning stages of building a new stadium but havent told me about it - just saw it in the board requests area. No information on the info screen/tabs. No mention of it in the news section either!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They must be about to sack you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

how do you take screen shots ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

deise48 wrote: »
    Alt + F9
    Then go to Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2012>Screenshots

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

deise48 wrote: »
    Alt + F9
    Then go to Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2012>Screenshots

Even easier, download a programme called Gyazo. Get screenshots in seconds.

|
    |
    |
    V

fddd6e29d519aa00617e9cd3f215f3b6.png?1334421639

See :)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They must be about to sack you :pac:

Nope - status is untouchable

I have gyazo but I don't play in windowed mode because it makes the game laggy for me.

My game does seem rather slow - would this be because I play in windowed mode? I am in season 2024 though

Mc Love wrote: »
    My game does seem rather slow - would this be because I play in windowed mode? I am in season 2024 though
    Possibly, I tried using windowed mode a while ago and for example, whenever I clicked on a players' name it would take 2-3 seconds before I got to their profile. The match engine speed was slowed down severely for me so it is definitely worth a try playing full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I would just like to get peoples opinion on Genie Scout.
    I have just started a new season with Swansea and had previously been with Arsenal for 4 seasons.
    Just wondering do people think its cheating using it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

blobby360 wrote: »
    I would just like to get peoples opinion on Genie Scout.
    I have just started a new season with Swansea and had previously been with Arsenal for 4 seasons.
    Just wondering do people think its cheating using it ?

Hey there,
    In my opinion it's cheating. I believe most people will agree with me. Think of it this way, if you use it then you might as well just go on holiday because you are taking the decision process of transfers away from yourself. How you shape the team would be down to the numbers of genie scout. It takes the fun away, if you use it I imagine every trophy you win down the line with the super players you've signed won't have been thanks to your skill. If you have played with Arsenal for 4 seasons you should have a decent knowledge of good young players built up in your head.

I play with the training wheels off, so no genie scout for me. Every victory is sweeter without it. Just my personal opinion, it depends on how you want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Tombomb7 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    In my opinion it's cheating. I believe most people will agree with me. Think of it this way, if you use it then you might as well just go on holiday because you are taking the decision process of transfers away from yourself. How you shape the team would be down to the numbers of genie scout. It takes the fun away, if you use it I imagine every trophy you win down the line with the super players you've signed won't have been thanks to your skill. If you have played with Arsenal for 4 seasons you should have a decent knowledge of good young players built up in your head.

I play with the training wheels off, so no genie scout for me. Every victory is sweeter without it. Just my personal opinion, it depends on how you want to play.

Hmm interesting point. I dont use it (wouldnt know how) but I do look at the player recommendations on this site and others, is that considered cheating also? By and large my scouts find the same players anyway

Oh and I've found you can pretty much have the best players in every position but still not win!
    Must be my tactics or whatever, but its something I have puzzled about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well from what i've seen of it, all it does is give you a very good scout.
    But i see where people say its cheating when there are parts that tell you off the bat who is the best player you can sign that is in your season that's within your budget. ( Even though i think your scouts should give you that option anyway ) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Definitely takes away from the game I think. Scouts can and do get it wrong in real life. The joy of getting a signing right and transforming your season is one to behold. I'd recommend Genie Scout to beginners though who want to get a feel for best attributes etc.

The game has gone very slow for me and my saved game file wouldnt load. Luckily I had backup but even the loading takes a long time now!

Anyone else experiencing slowness?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I signed Darwin Quintero for my Liverpool side in my first season (2011) I offered him a 1 year deal but hes done quite well chipped in with a few goals lately. I got to January 2012 and I offered him a contract extension which he accepted but his work permit got turned down what will I do?:confused:

James_LWAU wrote: »
    I signed Darwin Quintero for my Liverpool side in my first season (2011) I offered him a 1 year deal but hes done quite well chipped in with a few goals lately. I got to January 2012 and I offered him a contract extension which he accepted but his work permit got turned down what will I do?:confused:

If you send him to a club you've a link with (Genk for example) you might be able to offer him a new contract. That was a bug in FM11 so I dunno if it'll work in '12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lads, never played this before, it is too late to download the demo?. I went to the official Football Manager website and clicked on demo which redirects you to a Steam page saying this is not available in your area (Ireland!). Any ideas?.

Just not sure if a managerial game is for me, hence didn't want to pay for the full thing. :o Also my laptop is so-so, not great and some of you seem to be mentioning slow speed issues with the game?.

Cheers for any ideas re the free download..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lads, never played this before, it is too late to download the demo?. I went to the official Football Manager website and clicked on demo which redirects you to a Steam page saying this is not available in your area (Ireland!). Any ideas?.

Just not sure if a managerial game is for me, hence didn't want to pay for the full thing. :o Also my laptop is so-so, not great and some of you seem to be mentioning slow speed issues with the game?.

Cheers for any ideas re the free download..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71270/ try this link

Mc Love wrote: »
    The game has gone very slow for me and my saved game file wouldnt load. Luckily I had backup but even the loading takes a long time now!

Anyone else experiencing slowness?

One of my games is running at a snails pace. I think it might be due to the current year (2041) and size of the database, which has gotten obscene due to all the regens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah a few people have mentioned in this thread that when you get a number of years in the database size gets crazy with regens.

I wonder would there be a database cleaner online somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is by far the biggest margin of league victory I have ever had. Delighted to have got over 100 goals scored too. The best I had done was the season before where I got 85.

rsyhdrhf.png

My strike partnership netted me 58 goals in all competitions. I have 2 young Irish regens up front. Johnny Murphy who is 20 and came through my youth setup, he is like Scottie Pippen. His strike partner is James Byrne, he is my MJ. I expect Roy Keane to call him up to the NT squad soon :)

Advertisement