Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

At what experience level do people start off at? When I bought it first i started a career save on Professional Footballer and had great time. So when that game became too slow, I decided to start a game with Sunday League experience and found the game much tougher. Has anyone tried the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    At what experience level do people start off at? When I bought it first i started a career save on Professional Footballer and had great time. So when that game became too slow, I decided to start a game with Sunday League experience and found the game much tougher. Has anyone tried the same?

I always do Sunday League, regardless of if I'm starting with a club or unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Started a new game as Arsenal. They have a budget of around 54 million if you say you'll challenge for the league. You wouldn't think it the way Arsene handle his money.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Started a new game as Arsenal. They have a budget of around 54 million if you say you'll challenge for the league. You wouldn't think it the way Arsene handle his money.

I was shocked when I got that. Made it last too. Got both Tevez and Hazard along with a crap load of youth players and had change left over. Paid £10m up front for each of Tevez and Hazard with the rest in monthly installments over four years. The stats may say I spent close to £100m, but I only spent about £30m :D

Got Skertl in January for £5m too when he put in a transfer request at 12th place Liverpool.

I hadn't played as a top teams in years, so it was great being about to splash the cash a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was shocked when I got that. Made it last too. Got both Tevez and Hazard along with a crap load of youth players and had change left over. Paid £10m up front for each of Tevez and Hazard with the rest in monthly installments over four years. The stats may say I spent close to £100m, but I only spent about £30m :D

Got Skertl in January for £5m too when he put in a transfer request at 12th place Liverpool.

I hadn't played as a top teams in years, so it was great being about to splash the cash a little.

You keep that up over the next two or so years and your finances will be buggered. As soon as it gets to the stage where your chairman is giving the club a loan, it's already too far gone to fix the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Samich wrote: »
    First season as Man City.

Have won the League Cup
    Won 29 and drawn 2 of 31 league games
    Just beaten Man Utd 9-0 in the second leg, 12-3 on agg in the quarter final of the Champs League. Edin Dzeko scoring 7 goals :D 17 goals so far in the Champs League campaign :D

Dead to me.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You keep that up over the next two or so years and your finances will be buggered. As soon as it gets to the stage where your chairman is giving the club a loan, it's already too far gone to fix the problem.
    I keep an eye on my finances. Losing a little each month due to being unable to offload players that I dont need, but the overall balance is still great. Actually made a profit in my second summer so hopefully it levels out soon as the dead weight get off loaded (Barca bought Almunia for £2m :D). Still a few more to get rid of but the losses are getting lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is there anyway to change the interface of fm2012 back to fm2011, it's actually quite annoying when I click on a club it goes to the overview and not the squad and when I click on a player it's the overview and not his attributes like in the old football managers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dead to me.

Haha. I have a United game going too. Second season. Won the Champions League and the League in the first one. I was never Arsenal so I though I would give it a go is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is there anyway to change the interface of fm2012 back to fm2011, it's actually quite annoying when I click on a club it goes to the overview and not the squad and when I click on a player it's the overview and not his attributes like in the old football managers

Preferences

General

Default Team Section: Profile --> Squad

Simples! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Dempsey wrote: »
    Preferences

General

Default Team Section: Profile --> Squad

Simples! :)

Yeah it was simple, thanks :)

Anyone ever manager Barca B? I am at the moment and its strange having no youth side. Also I dont think i can set my Ass Man to take the teamtalks except during the match

Anyone ever manager Barca B? I am at the moment and its strange having no youth side. Also I dont think i can set my Ass Man to take the teamtalks except during the match

*snigger*

I've been there for many years now. Tis bollox that when I finished top of Segunda I'm not able to get promoted, tis even more bollox when I sign a wonderkid and after a few great performances, he's nicked by the 1st team :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

esJv6.png

Not bad for my second season, with Cazorla, Yttegard Jensen, Balotelli and Paloschi all injured :cool: Sorry, no idea how to make that smaller :D

I've been there for many years now. Tis bollox that when I finished top of Segunda I'm not able to get promoted, tis even more bollox when I sign a wonderkid and after a few great performances, he's nicked by the 1st team :mad:

Yep one of the center mids in the team got moved to senior team - I was not impressed!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What kind of spec would You need in order to run ALL the leagues?

I can get about 20 leagues before my performance drops below three stars, so I'm wondering how much more I'd need to be able to run them all.

Not doing it, just curious :D

I tried it today on my laptop. All 51 countries (not sure how many leagues but all that could be selected were selected) loaded. 167,000 players and I didn't even pick the large database. Computer performance is rated at 2 stars, speed at half a star. Took almost an HOUR to just set up the game but since then, it's been more or less the same as my Arsenal game in which I only have England loaded. Not sure how. :confused:

Went on holiday with apply for all jobs ticked. Turned to watch TV but before I had even pressed unpause, I was back from holiday with a job offer in the Indonesia third division! :cool: All players greyed out, no youth system and a media prediction of tenth. Did the friendly with the Youth team and they played me off the pitch! The Youth team is better than my first team. :o

Yep one of the center mids in the team got moved to senior team - I was not impressed!

I seem to keep losing members of my defence, so in preparation for the next raid on my team, I've had to get a few players to learn a few different positions. I have to do this every year as I lose quite a lot of players over the course of a season.

Oh yes.

Doumbia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Oh yes.

Doumbia.jpg

Doumbia2.png

Not so good now :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Started a season with Hudderfield.

Got promoted in my first season and now in the automatic promotion positions are 20 games in the Championship.

Bought some quality players, Suso and Spearing on loan from Liverpool. Spector, Andrews, Routledge, Loovens and a few nicely rated foreign players. Would love to get to the Pl.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Doumbia2.png

Not so good now :p

Your Photoshop skills are legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Your Photoshop skills are legendary.

And it only took me 2 hours...........

I seem to keep losing members of my defence, so in preparation for the next raid on my team, I've had to get a few players to learn a few different positions. I have to do this every year as I lose quite a lot of players over the course of a season.

I resigned because it was really annoying and didnt get a job for a year so quit - will have to start a new game!

I resigned because it was really annoying and didnt get a job for a year so quit - will have to start a new game!

I'm still there, in 2030 odd... granted I haven't played it in a good while now, probably just after Christmas, but I've had approx 3 job offers to take me away from the team. In 20 odd years, 3 job offers! Certainly not for the feint hearted. Constantly losing your best players, no major incentive to keep playing as you win sweet f.a and cannot be promoted.. but its a fantastic challenge imo.

I've kept my side in the top 3 for about 18/19 years or so. The only time I've dropped out were when Barça took my best 5 prospects at the same time. Left me up a certain creek and with no paddle

But why would you play that long at a club that isnt even a club?!

But why would you play that long at a club that isnt even a club?!

Glutton for punishment, plus I'm a fan of Barca... Wanted to see if I could make the Pep transition too. There's still time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Thank God i found this thread, was ready to kick my laptop to the curb with how slow my game is in 2016. Back to FM11 for a new game I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Got Huddersfield promoted to the PL in my 2nd season :P Avoided relegation but have an awful defense. Worst in the league by a long way. Need a new keeper too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Samich wrote: »
    Got Huddersfield promoted to the PL in my 2nd season :P Avoided relegation but have an awful defense. Worst in the league by a long way. Need a new keeper too :P

Smithies not make the step up?

Advertisement