Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Gotze is a animal in this game. They want 105m for him, got them down to 65.

Would love to get him but he's just to spensives D:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Would love to get him but he's just to spensives D:

He's not that expensive, compared to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone ever allowed their contract at their club to run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    Has anyone ever allowed their contract at their club to run out?

Yup... at PSV. I only signed a 2 year deal and after I won the league in my second season I didn't want to stay on so I just ended up leaving. Went to Juve after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Gotze is a animal in this game. They want 105m for him, got them down to 65.

He is, but using pure skill you can win everything without him and many of the other big stars, like hazard and cavani etc

Barca are just too easy to beat now using pretty much half the current Newcastle team and some free transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Just started a new game with Newcastle and now I see why everyone has been complaining about injuries!

Approaching my first league game of the season and currently:

Kadar
    Taylor
    Tiote
    Gutierrez
    Ben Arfa
    Guthrie
    Marveaux
    Obertan

are injured while Sturridge is suspended and Coloccini and Danny Wilson are on international duty. It leaves me with 10 fit outfield players and 3 keepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Just finished season 2016/2017 and finished a very respectable 11th in first season in Premiership with my beloved Cambridge United. I have been given transfer kitty of £25m but my max wage allowance id £20k a week so have problems attracting good young players to club. Have picked up Andy Carroll on a free tho, perhaps I can cure him :D

On Transfer front, I picked up a young irishman from Shamrock Rovers on a free in December 2014, Patrick Horgan from Kildare, plays RB. I have turned down a bid from Sunderland of €12m, have upped his price to €20m.

Im hoping this is year for a cup win, no trophies yet, apart from BSP & League 2 playoff wins

How far have people gotten so far? I am in Aug 23

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mc Love wrote: »
    How far have people gotten so far? I am in Aug 23

sure thats only the start of the season....

sorry coouldn't resist, i had got to 2017 before my much ranted about crash and i haven't fully got into the swing of things yet

bm1993 wrote: »
    Just started a new game with Newcastle and now I see why everyone has been complaining about injuries!

Approaching my first league game of the season and currently:

Kadar
    Taylor
    Tiote
    Gutierrez
    Ben Arfa
    Guthrie
    Marveaux
    Obertan

are injured while Sturridge is suspended and Coloccini and Danny Wilson are on international duty. It leaves me with 10 fit outfield players and 3 keepers.

I play Newcastle as well.
    Hire physios with 15-20 in physiotherapy
    Try not to play players with under 95% fitness
    Beware of reserve games
    Get in a few loaners just in case. I usually get 4 or 5 in
    yaya sango, gaston ramieriz, john fleck, Ruben Rochina striker from Blackburn. Gabriel Silva
    I always buy these cheap players as they come really good
    Andrea Bertolacci free from roma
    andile jali, 350k
    ruben yttergard jenssen 1 mill
    Wilfried 2.5 million will get you double figures every season
    jefferson montero 1.3 million
    andrea poli 1.1 mill
    Keep asking the board to increase physios, eventually you will get upto 6, from 3 initially.
    You can also hire coaches that also have high physio to get around the board limit

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    sure thats only the start of the season....

sorry coouldn't resist, i had got to 2017 before my much ranted about crash and i haven't fully got into the swing of things yet

I get a fair few crashes now and I just have to recreate from steam or something

Is the update out yet with the Jan trasnfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Is the update out yet with the Jan trasnfers?
    Yeah I have all the transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I went to load my Atletico CP game and the file won't load. Have back up files that go back to 1st December of the season but I really couldn't be arsed to be honest.

Have a full week off too so won't have been a good FM session. Pity really coz it would have kept me away from my urge to buy a PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I know I shouldn't but I got a bit excited about this result :D. First game of the league lots of new players in the squad (Pretty much the first 11 making their debuts)
    Olly Schutz is a CB, who I singed on load a day before this game and just threw him in didn't let me down :D. Its all downhill from here!

104j1jq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Whats the best skin that people use? I've tried a few but keep going back to the default

Fahrenheit is the best skin I have used! A lot of the other skins are terrible to use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

FINALLY started FM12 there last week. Went for Blue Square North and picked Droylsden. Team wasn't too bad either but signed a few players. Alan Cawley, Pablo Counago and Lewis McMahon were the pick of the bunch! Finished 2nd like 11pts off of Halifax Town, but won the Playoffs with ease.

So, Blue Square Premier now! C'mon the Droylsden!!

hating the new update patch for new games

Cant get half my normal players, like sturridge (surprise he doesnt go out on loan anymore)

newcastle only get 3 mill to start off with, most of the cheap but good players are already on loan or injured or worse gone up in price
    (No more Wilfried for 2.5 mill or erickson for 6 mill)

Moan moan moan!

hating the new update patch for new games

Cant get half my normal players, like sturridge (surprise he doesnt go out on loan anymore)

newcastle only get 3 mill to start off with, most of the cheap but good players are already on loan or injured or worse gone up in price
    (No more Wilfried for 2.5 mill or erickson for 6 mill)

Moan moan moan!
    Yeah but I love the player upgrades :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Hey guys. I often see people on this thread who have been flying through numerous seasons in the amount of time it takes me to go through one.

I was just wondering is this because people only watch the key highlights on superfast or are the people just playing more than me?

How long does it usually take you to do a season in terms of hours?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I often see people on this thread who have been flying through numerous seasons in the amount of time it takes me to go through one.

I was just wondering is this because people only watch the key highlights on superfast or are the people just playing more than me?

How long does it usually take you to do a season in terms of hours?
    Thanks
    I watch on Key highlights but half the time they aren't even key :rolleyes:
    Sometimes if I'm extremely bored of a save I will holiday some of the easier games but I don't so this often. I don't play as often as I used to but it would probably take me a week to get through a season if I played regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ive never watched any part of a match in FM. Just takes way too long

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I go commentary only with highlights of goals. Used to be done in under five minutes but for some reason the commentary is going really slowly now, even with the speeds up full.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I go commentary only with highlights of goals. Used to be done in under five minutes but for some reason the commentary is going really slowly now, even with the speeds up full.

This is because everything now is based around a 3D match engine. Every aspect of a match takes longer to simulate.

This is because everything now is based around a 3D match engine. Every aspect of a match takes longer to simulate.

My Mount Merrion game was grand, my San Marino game is now really slow. No updates or anything, the speed just took a nose dive. Everything else is still the same speed, just the match takes about 15 minutes now when it's under 5 in another save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

First season at man utd and I get a "serious error" or something and a crash file has been saved? Is there any way round this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    My Mount Merrion game was grand, my San Marino game is now really slow. No updates or anything, the speed just took a nose dive. Everything else is still the same speed, just the match takes about 15 minutes now when it's under 5 in another save.

Have you added any leagues by any chance?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Have you added any leagues by any chance?

Yes, but computer speed and performance were still decent. Everything except the actual match is still as fast as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I started off with 40,000 players loaded. It's 2016 now and I checked FMRTE and it says 270,000 players in the bottom corner. So many sh*t regens! :mad:

Game unplayable, it's way too slow even though I had 4 star performance at the start. I was trying to do the pentagon challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

PL champs in my first year at Man Utd :D

Hernandez got about 42 league goals, rooney about 38 :D

Lost in the final of the champs league to marseille, and won the league cup.

Unbeaten in the league too, 33 wins and 5 draws :D

Now have a transfer budget of 70 something million :D

Advertisement