Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Don't think so. If I remember correctly, you have to link it to your/a Steam account to register the game to even play it at all. And to do so, you need to enter a validation code. Once that's been used I don't think you can use it again.

It was possible in a way with 2009 and 2010 as one person could install it via Steam and another could keep the disc. Not so sure about 11 and even less confident it can be done with 12.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    get daemon tools to copy the disks image mate

Ah yes, the illegal way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

closeline wrote: »
    Is this game good? A friend of mine has it and said he would give it to me and I can load it on to my computer. Is this possible? Also, if this can be done, can you then transfer it from one laptop or another or would I have to get the proper disc from the game?

its 20 euro FFS!
    Download the demo and if you like it buy it!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/22857711/Football-Manager-2012/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=football+manager+2012&urlrefer=search

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seems the post match comment for the managers is a bug according to SI

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I'm thinking of editing and putting Barca B in the Blue Square and seeing how I get on :D

• Advertisement

Anyone managing a national team? How do you select the players to be on the team? Is it by how well they are playing or is it how much they are worth or a combo of both?

Never did really well in all my years of playing FM with a National side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Has International Management been improved?

Dont think so - havent tried it yet.

In the game I am playing the FA hired a complete unknown for the England team whereas Mick McCarthy is Ireland coach

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I'm managing Aussie u23s.

I pick based on player stats, value isn't overly important at that age.

For full internationals I base the squad on form, quality and importance of the match. Had a squad for a friendly against an african country and a qualifier against Andorra, picked a whole uncapped squad for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have had some success at international management but dont like it tbh, I tend to pick my players based on form, depending on the match too I may be going with experience or testing the next generation to see how they are developing.

If you resign from your club job to focus soley on National teams you can get more detailed into it, i find i dont have as much time to devote to it when im still managing a club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have my first International game coming up soon, Cook Islands Under 19's. Dont expect to last past the end of the year as when it came to picking players, there was literally none. The game had to make up players for me to pick. I think I have three games before the end of the year, if they go well I might stick it out for another while. But if they go south I'll be jumping ship fairly quickly.

Thats the winning attitude ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

its 20 euro FFS!
    Download the demo and if you like it buy it!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/22857711/Football-Manager-2012/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=football+manager+2012&urlrefer=search[/QUOTE]

Can it be done though were I can load the game to my computer.

closeline wrote: »
    Can it be done though were I can load the game to my computer.

Not legally. And to discuss how would warrant either an infraction or ban. Not to mention the fact that the amount of work that goes into the game warrants your money to go to the developers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Took over the MK Dons on a unemployment challenge. Took over in November when they were 17th in league 1. Guided them to a 9th place finish. Could of easily got into the play offs as well had it now been for the inconsistency of a lot of my players :(.

Buck stops with you dammit! You failed!!! ;) joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lads, I bought FM2011 early last year (my first FM game) and only really got around to playing it recently. I'm hooked! Is it worth buying 2012 or should I get my money's worth out of 2011 first and maybe wait for 2013 before buying again?

I guess the question is, is it much improved or just a splash of paint and new squads?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Lads, I bought FM2011 early last year (my first FM game) and only really got around to playing it recently. I'm hooked! Is it worth buying 2012 or should I get my money's worth out of 2011 first and maybe wait for 2013 before buying again?

I guess the question is, is it much improved or just a splash of paint and new squads?

I would get it if I were you, playing FM for around 9 years now and only got FM12 a few weeks ago myself. You can set up your tactics better and also you get a much better team report from your coaches, which I found was very good.And you can get it for only €20 if you look around (Play.com).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Nah wait for next years one, just download latest squads, league teams and stuff for fm 11.

FM 12s biggest improvement is some feature where you can add leagues :rolleyes: Transfer system is still rubbish, so just stick with FM 11 if i was you and get fm 13

The major improvement I can tell you about is that, it has simplified and made easier all the elements of the game that you are always doing. Such as tactics, player analysis, team reports, coach reports, scout reports. Anything that has to do with your team has been made easier to do. IMO of course but quite a lot of people are saying this.

It's also gotten a lot cheaper these past few months. Going for about £14.99 on Zavvi/play/amazon etc. While you'd get your years worth from FM 2011, I'd still recommend you get 12 eventually. Maybe during the usually summer game drought before the new season starts.

• Advertisement

Has there been an update? I started a new game and noticed that Lenny Nangis is no longer 2.1 million, more like 6 or 7 million, plus AC Milan buy a 50% stake in Giuseppe Prestia, normally a free loan and happy to join you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whitecaps

Hey, I have a macbook which was purchased in 2008 and the graphics I have on it are as follows:
    Chipset Model: GMA X3100
    Type: Display
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 144 MB
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

I'm just wondering if I purchase FM 12 would it work on my computer does anyone know?? Does anyone with the game have the same computer model as me and is the game working good??
    Any help appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

whitecaps wrote: »
    Hey, I have a macbook which was purchased in 2008 and the graphics I have on it are as follows:

I'm just wondering if I purchase FM 12 would it work on my computer does anyone know?? Does anyone with the game have the same computer model as me and is the game working good??

I would recommend downloading the demo through Steam to try it out. If you're happy with the performance on the demo then you won't have a problem!

I've a macbook circa 2008 with the same specs as yourself. The game runs very smoothly with the all the main leagues (Italy, Spain, France, Germany, UK) activated with all their various divisions as well. My database has approx 40/50,000 players. One advance made in this years game is adding and taking away leagues so you'll be grand whichever way you want to go on that.

The one thing it won't run is the 3D matches. The graphics chip in the macbook is too poor. I wasn't able to run them on last years either but, if you're looking to just play the matches old school then it'll run just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have a Macbook purchased in 2008 with same specs and the game runs fine. 3D also runs fine for me and always played in 3D until recently. 2D classic is good enough for me now...

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have a Macbook purchased in 2008 with same specs and the game runs fine. 3D also runs fine for me and always played in 3D until recently. 2D classic is good enough for me now...

Really? Mine stutters a lot. Even if I turn the crowd/stadium off it still jitters a fair bit. My replays though come out smooth enough. Just no crowd around the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whitecaps

Cheers for the info, guess I can purchase it then :) The 3D wouldnt bother me too much, I would rather 2D, I would just watch the commentary

Now to either try guide Shamrock Rovers into the Champions League or else a Blue Square team to the Premier

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Really? Mine stutters a lot. Even if I turn the crowd/stadium off it still jitters a fair bit. My replays though come out smooth enough. Just no crowd around the pitch.

Yeah it ran fine. I had crowd/stadium on too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Somehow after getting Yaya Sanogo at Rovers for free in my second season, he's gonna tear the league to bits. Injuries are a nuisance in this FM :(

• Advertisement

Bertser wrote: »
    Somehow after getting Yaya Sanogo at Rovers for free in my second season, he's gonna tear the league to bits. Injuries are a nuisance in this FM :(
    Yep he seems to be always available on a free in the second season.
    I normally loan him for the first one and set a 3 mill purchase fee which I never have to use. Dont forget Danny sturridge - he usually gets me 25 goals, free loan but 50% wages - well worth it though!

If you are Blackburn you should have Rochina, he's pretty good as well!

Advertisement