Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

My save file is corrupted :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pretty damn pissed off to have lost that save. I was loving it, the most enjoyable one I've ever done. :(

Had just noticed earlier when playing it that I was listed as an Icon for the club. First time I've gotten that far! Got favoured personalle nearly every time but never got Icon before this one.

I've just downloaded a database that goes down to the 10th level in England. Going to start that tomorrow and shortlist as many of my Mt. Merrion stars as I can find for future seasons. Had just signed a re-gen RB who was pure quality meaning I only needed a quality LB to perfect my young team (average age of 20). Was walking the league (14 points clear with three games in hand just past the half way point) and about to qualify for the Champions League group stages too.

Problem with refinding my players is, about half of my starting 11 were from my youth team so probably wont be in the new game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

marcuswiklfoverviewattr.png

I just bought this fella anywhere to improve him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

individual training for composure, once that hits 15 change it to dribbling.

Tis a pity about his aggression and bravery, because he could have been a good target man, possibly complete striker.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    My save file is corrupted :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pretty damn pissed off to have lost that save. I was loving it, the most enjoyable one I've ever done. :(

Had just noticed earlier when playing it that I was listed as an Icon for the club. First time I've gotten that far! Got favoured personalle nearly every time but never got Icon before this one.

I've just downloaded a database that goes down to the 10th level in England. Going to start that tomorrow and shortlist as many of my Mt. Merrion stars as I can find for future seasons. Had just signed a re-gen RB who was pure quality meaning I only needed a quality LB to perfect my young team (average age of 20). Was walking the league (14 points clear with three games in hand just past the half way point) and about to qualify for the Champions League group stages too.

Problem with refinding my players is, about half of my starting 11 were from my youth team so probably wont be in the new game :(

Always use the rolling save option, i got burnt once like you, never again!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Always use the rolling save option, i got burnt once like you, never again!
    I got it back :D lost a few weeks but nothing major. Still signed my left back and drew the exact same team in the Champions League Play Off round.

Have changed the settings to rolling and every day auto save. Just glad I decided to chage the name of the save from "Untitled Game" recently meaning I had a backup I didnt even know I had. Going to change the name every now and then too, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

dsmythy wrote: »
    Was bought this game. First since FM09. Starting off with a journeyman save. Trying to make it realistic as possible (with crap laptop) so only Ireland north and south loaded up. Pity the realism is somewhat ruined by the oddly designed LOI First Division :( Took up a job at Rockmount nonetheless.
    What is a journeyman save?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

KeithAFC wrote: »

I think he means start at a bottom club, win a title or two move on to bigger clubs.

You usually start unemployed with a sunday league footballer reputation i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Dempsey wrote: »
    You usually start unemployed with a sunday league footballer reputation i thought

Yeah that's the one. Idea to eventually be a top manager.

Going to try keep my career as realistic as possible with regards clubs as there seems to be some odd job offers in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Has anyone gone into the editor and took the likes of Halifax Town and gave them a team of superstars, and how did it work out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Does setting the season expectations affect the game much?

In my Newcastle save, I said I would challenge for the title, just to get an extra 1 million ;)

Now I am 6th and apparently the board arent happy with my management, and if I lose to Fulham in the next round of the Carling Cup - I'm sacked! :eek:

Oh and loads of players have started moaning about the league position as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does setting the season expectations affect the game much?

In my Newcastle save, I said I would challenge for the title, just to get an extra 1 million ;)

Now I am 6th and apparently the board arent happy with my management, and if I lose to Fulham in the next round of the Carling Cup - I'm sacked! :eek:

Oh and loads of players have started moaning about the league position as well!

Big time. You said you would make a title challenge, thus being in the top 3 consistently, you are basically setting a target for your employment and by not reaching it you risk being sacked.

I always try to set lowish targets if possible, like my Blackburn game, I said mid-table finish, currently sitting in 3rd in January and close to having a statue erected outside Ewood Park :pac:

I always do the same, for example, in my current game I am walking the league like I expected but only said a title challenge just in case things went wrong. I never say winners or anything like that as a few bad injuries can mess you up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My players are always jaded and needing rest. Is it because they are part time/amateur or I am training them too much? It's annoying either way. Never had it as much as I have in my Letterkenny game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lads, might buy this game, is it better than fm 11?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Big time. You said you would make a title challenge, thus being in the top 3 consistently, you are basically setting a target for your employment and by not reaching it you risk being sacked.

I always try to set lowish targets if possible, like my Blackburn game, I said mid-table finish, currently sitting in 3rd in January and close to having a statue erected outside Ewood Park :pac:

I'm hoping i get offered the chance to change it later on, like in Jan?

Still 6th but only 3 points off the top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lads, might buy this game, is it better than fm 11?

Im finding it to be much better this year!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    My players are always jaded and needing rest. Is it because they are part time/amateur or I am training them too much? It's annoying either way. Never had it as much as I have in my Letterkenny game.
    Depends on how often you are playing as well. Players might not be getting enough rest. What I started doing was taking off my best players once I got two or three goals up. As such, none of them have been injured and are rarely ever tired despite playing every single game.

So I won the CC game and through to the semi's

But LOst away to Sunderland and the board sacked me!
    Never happended before:(

Rubbish, unrealistic game.
    Was 2 -0 up and cruising, when I had a player sent off and my main striker injured
    They pulled 2 goals back and then late in the second half, after I made my last 2 subs, I had yet another injury, so I was down to 9 men and they scored 2 more goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really really hate this game sometimes - you put so much effort in and then something like that happens

So I won the CC game and through to the semi's

But LOst away to Sunderland and the board sacked me!
    Never happended before:(

Rubbish, unrealistic game.
    Was 2 -0 up and cruising, when I had a player sent off and my main striker injured
    They pulled 2 goals back and then late in the second half, after I made my last 2 subs, I had yet another injury, so I was down to 9 men and they scored 2 more goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really really hate this game sometimes - you put so much effort in and then something like that happens
    Unrealistic because you got sacked after not living up to your own selected expectations, or because you lost?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Meh, you didnt live up to what you said you would do, they are within their standard procedure to sack you tbh. You can complain about this one game all you like, there have been other games leading up to that!

You could have asked the board for more time also. Not saying it would have helped you but it was an option. The lesson you should learn is to have realistic ambitions when it comes to communicating with the board, you can be as bullish as you like with the media, but you and the board are supposed to be one team.

kryogen wrote: »
    Meh, you didnt live up to what you said you would do, they are within their standard procedure to sack you tbh. You can complain about this one game all you like, there have been other games leading up to that!

You could have asked the board for more time also. Not saying it would have helped you but it was an option. The lesson you should learn is to have realistic ambitions when it comes to communicating with the board, you can be as bullish as you like with the media, but you and the board are supposed to be one team.

Yep, its a harsh lesson alright! I started a new game and wnt for top half finish this time!

But there is a unrealistic curve thrown into the game from time to time, for example you use the same team and tactics to beat Man Utd and then play a home cup game to a league 1 team and find yourself 3 - 0 down at half time????

Also, there are an awful lot of goals, sendings off or injuries in the first 5-10 mins - usually the first 2 mins!!!! That doesnt seem right!

Also, there are an awful lot of goals, sendings off or injuries in the first 5-10 mins - usually the first 2 mins!!!! That doesnt seem right!
    Thats down to your tactics/training.

I have the fewest red cards and by far the fewest yellow cards in the league every season and rarely have injuries. It's not the game.

If you push your players too hard they will get injured. If they are getting injured early, have a look at your preperation, they may not be properly warmed up when the match starts. Im not sure if that happens or not but Im guessing the preperation part isnt just there for the hell of it.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thats down to your tactics/training.

I have the fewest red cards and by far the fewest yellow cards in the league every season and rarely have injuries. It's not the game.

If you push your players too hard they will get injured. If they are getting injured early, have a look at your preperation, they may not be properly warmed up when the match starts. Im not sure if that happens or not but Im guessing the preperation part isnt just there for the hell of it.

Well the injuries not so much as I have the max amount of very good physios and I dont play anyone under 96% fit
    The early goals thing puzzles me - I did think it was tactics but its not just goals scored against me, but by me as well!

The other think I am wondering is that when you get a few new players like at the start of a new game, should you take control of friendly matches? Normally I farm this out to the assistant, but then when you play for real, you get comments about communication and settling etc.
    Maybe I should be controlling the pre season so players get used to the tactics and formation etc? You could also see what works and what doesnt?
    Does the game take notice of things like that?

Why are you complaining about scoring? :pac:

I always take control of the friendlies anyway. The assistant just plays the strongest team for as long as possible. I like to make changes once Im two or three goals up to give my younger players some game time. Plus, at the start of a new game the teams needs to get used to my new tactics so I always play them to iron out any creases instead of waiting until the real games start.

For new signings, if they are quality they go straight in and either sink or swim. Otherwise they get eased in with sub appearances first and then a judgement is made on them. Dont think Ive had any problems with settling or communication in 2012, I did in 2011 alright but not this year as best I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I am unable to make a comment about a rival manager post match although if I want to make a general comment on the manager I am able to.

Also may I add that Managers never ever respond to or even acknowledge comments from me.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Mc Love wrote: »
    I am unable to make a comment about a rival manager post match although if I want to make a general comment on the manager I am able to.

Also may I add that Managers never ever respond to or even acknowledge comments from me.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    They could have a much higher rep so dont see the point in responding?

I usually ignore them anyway but decided to troll Pat Scully last season. He said he didnt think I was capable of winning the league, I responded by saying I've never even heard of him :pac:

Fecker wont shut up about me now, over a year later and he's still going on about me every time a reporter is nearby. I havent said anything since so I dont think he's very pleased with me and is just looking desperate and petty now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Is this game good? A friend of mine has it and said he would give it to me and I can load it on to my computer. Is this possible? Also, if this can be done, can you then transfer it from one laptop or another or would I have to get the proper disc from the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

closeline wrote: »
    Is this game good? A friend of mine has it and said he would give it to me and I can load it on to my computer. Is this possible? Also, if this can be done, can you then transfer it from one laptop or another or would I have to get the proper disc from the game?

I think he might mean he will let you play it on his steam account?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

kryogen wrote: »
    I think he might mean he will let you play it on his steam account?

No he said I could put in into my laptop. Upload it there and then I could play the game even after I give it back to him. I think he is right.

Advertisement