Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I was just checking my emails in fm and i see Ac Milan are offering me Ibra for only 9mill.
    So i jump at the offer and offer the money and they accept it, but then i see his wages............ 345grand a week!!!!!!!! How can milan afford that :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

blobby360 wrote: »
    I was just checking my emails in fm and i see Ac Milan are offering me Ibra for only 9mill.
    So i jump at the offer and offer the money and they accept it, but then i see his wages............ 345grand a week!!!!!!!! How can milan afford that :confused::confused:

Simple answer there is they can't and thats why they are trying to offload him.

Is he on that much or is he demanding that much btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

thats how much he's on now!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

sorry to mention this again. nothing has happened as of yet. it's the 12.1.1 database- do i have to change the "1200" to 1201 or 1211 or something like that? have logos and kits sorted- this is the last thing i need to get done

I'm on the 12.1.1 DB too. It should work. I told you exactly what I did. Are you sure you deleted the 3 folders that were in there? Maybe you just copy/pasted the 3 folders without deleting the originals and they merged all the files into the 3 folders.

blobby360 wrote: »
    thats how much he's on now!!!!!!

Nice!

So as I said, Milan are probably trying to offload him cause they cant afford him. Dunno how his wages got that high anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have two right backs, I was training one in left back just in case. Now he's primarily a LB and has almost forgotten how to be a RB!! Now I have 3 LB's and 1 RB. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Started with Real Madrid tonight.First League Game 7-1 Victory. Havent Bought a player yet. :(

Having a little problem though, No Matter who i seem to play, in the 3D Match engine, But teams always seem to be in red.Its impossible to watch.Any suggestions on how to fix this please.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have two right backs, I was training one in left back just in case. Now he's primarily a LB and has almost forgotten how to be a RB!! Now I have 3 LB's and 1 RB. :(

well that was quite silly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Arrrrgh!!

I just got Crawley Town promoted to League 1 in my first season, but I've managed to ruin the club along the way!

Finances are a shambles and I am going to have to let players go because they want new contracts that I can't afford. A number of my staff including my best coach and assistant manager are finishing their contracts during the summer break and are refusing to enter discussions!

Major restructuring is going to have to take place in July but I can smell instant relegation. :( Maybe I should resign and look for a new club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

cheaper to buy a RB thats a decent quality than a LB, plus if the 3 of them are good quality then you might get some decent money outta one of them

• Advertisement

Arrrrgh!!

I just got Crawley Town promoted to League 1 in my first season, but I've managed to ruin the club along the way!

Finances are a shambles and I am going to have to let players go because they want new contracts that I can't afford. A number of my staff including my best coach and assistant manager are finishing their contracts during the summer break and are refusing to enter discussions!

Major restructuring is going to have to take place in July but I can smell instant relegation. :( Maybe I should resign and look for a new club.

Redknapp is that you???

Seriously, stick it out, all you will be asked to do is fight relegation, you will be able to find a new assistant, new coaches, make do with what you can in terms of player. Just get a point target in your head and do everything you can to achieve that. Ignore the cups, they are nice and can be good for morale but you have to sacrifice them for the league

Why did you allow the clubs finances to get in such bad shape btw? You cant leave the club in such a bad situation can you. Steady the ship, keep em up then do what you want!

Get a parent club btw and get as many free loans in as possible

kryogen wrote: »
    Redknapp is that you???

Seriously, stick it out, all you will be asked to do is fight relegation, you will be able to find a new assistant, new coaches, make do with what you can in terms of player. Just get a point target in your head and do everything you can to achieve that. Ignore the cups, they are nice and can be good for morale but you have to sacrifice them for the league

Why did you allow the clubs finances to get in such bad shape btw? You cant leave the club in such a bad situation can you. Steady the ship, keep em up then do what you want!

Get a parent club btw and get as many free loans in as possible

Well I naively thought the board wouldn't allow me to overspend. They gave me a fairly large wage budget, more than the club can afford really. I also underestimated the effect of appearance fees and goal bonuses over a season, not to mention promotion wage rises and Crawley's inability to draw a large crowd.

I have released 9 players and signed a combination of youngsters and old veterans to replace them. I may even shift a couple more before the transfer window closes if I can.

I have tried to get a parent club and the board have agreed, twice, but they seem to forget about it because they never mention it again! You're right though, I need to steady the ship, I don't want to be that guy.

My assistant manager and attacking coach were brilliant though and will be hard to replace.

Strange that the board havent gotten you one if they agreed.

Coaches and assistants are easy to find I think, just go for the unproven guys with decent stats, young ones, they will improve also like.

All you have to do is keep them up. Very possible even with terrible finances. Good luck to you in it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Re-retrain him as a RB? :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Re-retrain him as a RB? :pac:

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

So annoyed with myself coz I had just bought a new LB!

I f**ked up my hard drive last night and lost my journeyman save that was in 2018...I was dominating the Albanian Superleague.

If I don't recover it I'll cry myself to sleep for the next week :D

It would be great if Steam offered an online storage function where you can put game saves so you can't lose them!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    It would be great if Steam offered an online storage function where you can put game saves so you can't lose them!

They do!

cloud1.jpg

Unfortunately not all games support it and FM is one of those :( Hope you can recover it!

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Started with Real Madrid tonight.First League Game 7-1 Victory. Havent Bought a player yet. :(

Having a little problem though, No Matter who i seem to play, in the 3D Match engine, But teams always seem to be in red.Its impossible to watch.Any suggestions on how to fix this please.

Any one fancying helping me out on this one?

Unfortunately not all games support it and FM is one of those :( Hope you can recover it!

No luck I'm afraid. I recovered some important stuff I needed, but no football manager game saves. :(

I dont think I fully understood your post, you expressed unhappiness at not having bought any players straight after saying you won your first game 7-1.

The rest of the post I find pretty hard to translate also, do you mean both teams appear in red? you say but teams appear to be in the red

Also, you use capitol letters in odd places which is also a bit off putting.

Maybe you should try re posting the question in a clearer manner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Could be your graphics card or something. Does everything else run properly? As in other games, program's etc.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Could be your graphics card or something. Does everything else run properly? As in other games, program's etc.

It's only a new laptop mate and its a better spec than the last one which i had, which football manager 2011 worked a treat on.Yeah everything else seems to run correctly. Like I can see the jerseys when you click on say real Madrid on the home
    Page, but when i go to watch a game , Madrid v Barca always seem to be both I. Red , where as Madrid should be in white and barca blue and red.

Thanks for the response though.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/19-Lower-League-Managers

Any of you play a llm game? Has completely changed the game for me. Used to be so ridiculously easy as a big team using the transfer list etc.

Now i start off in the bottom division, auto reputation (or sunday league), no using transfer list only scouts and never trawling through teams to search for players. And never using tips from other people for players/tactics/training.

Makes it so much more difficult but so satisfying when things click.

Started at Go ahead eagles in my current game was doing so bad that I quit after 6 months to take the Athlone job, saved them from relegation, promoted to prem in season 2, survived last day in prem (phew).
    Then I left for Ross county in the SFL div 1. Saved them from relegation last day (the best feeling ive ever gotten from FM) and finished 5th and then 1st. I'm now in the SPL and have had to move to callie thistles ground for the season while we install undersoil heating.
    I don't think the board should ahve paid for the upgrades - i'll be back in div 1 soon :) Played 3 lost 3 in the spl. Scored 2 Conceded 9.

Loving this game. I've also been Ireland u19 manager (1/4s euros) and US under 20 manager (friendlies only)

I am trying to work my way up to a top job and my reputationhas climbed up to National.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone noticed there game becoming slower recently. Mine is taking a long time to process or longer than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtMZuc7_BY

for anyone struggling in their current game it might cheer you up.

kfc1.png
    kfc2.png

f_yea.png

K.F.C FC! Brilliant! :pac:

Here is a Video i uploaded, with the problem ive posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oatsey, I hope, wish and pray that your manager profile picture is this

KFC%20Colonel%20Sanders.jpg

It would bring tears of joy if you could make that happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Started as West Ham. In my first season I Won the Championship and got to the FA Cup final but lost to Chelsea D:

Second season I came 7th in the PL and beat United in the FA Cup final :D

Third season here I come!

Advertisement