Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mars Bar wrote: »
    When you get stuck in a bad run of games, boy does it last! Can't remember the last time I won!

This! Had a great start with QPR, winning the first 4 games and top of the league. 15 game's later I have drawn 10, won 2 and lost 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't worry, a good run could be just around the corner for you both!

I went 11 games without a win with Letterkenny (9 losses, 2 draws). But I've won 9 of my last 10 with 1 draw. Unbeaten streak just came to an end though against top of the table Finn Harps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yakult wrote: »
    This! Had a great start with QPR, winning the first 4 games and top of the league. 15 game's later I have drawn 10, won 2 and lost 3.

I was only 3 points behind the leader, not I'm almost 20 behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just finished league with spurs in 1st, league cup champions and europa league champions. My main striker finished with over 60 goals. Broke Andy Coles record

Won promotion with Letterkenny after beating Drogheda 1-0 in the Promotion/Relegation playoff final :D. My team of foreigners have done me proud!

http://omg.wthax.org/Airtricity_First_Division_Overview__Stages.png

I think it's clear that I need to improve defensively!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

My FM12 is ready for collection in the post office... Excited :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My FM12 is ready for collection in the post office... Excited :D:D

better take the next month off then - from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I was only 3 points behind the leader, not I'm almost 20 behind.

Back to just 5 points behind. 4 wins on the trot helped quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just lost my 5 year game with Liverpool :(

Starting afresh with BVB. My only solace is taking them onto glory again this year. Doubt very much I can repeat that 7-1 game vs Real in the CL final :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This might sound odd, but how do i use the editor? never have before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    This might sound odd, but how do i use the editor? never have before

So...nobody can tell me how to get into the editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Took the plunge and ordered off Zavvi! Hope its worth the wait and better than FM2011! Love reading other peoples FM stories!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

kryogen wrote: »
    So...nobody can tell me how to get into the editor?

It's a programme in itself. It'll be in the same place as FM12 is. If not then [HTML]http://www.fmscout.com/q-3509-How-To-Find-The-Official-Football-Manager-2012-Editor.html?n=last[/HTML] seems to say some people don't have it and download it separately through steam

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

Took the plunge and ordered off Zavvi! Hope its worth the wait and better than FM2011! Love reading other peoples FM stories!:D

Is it free delivery to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Is it free delivery to Ireland

€1.21 for delivery costs.Standard Post!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

has anyone else noticed that players get unhappy randomly sayin they are unhappy with your team talks. When you go to have a chat with them they say nothin has changed since the last time but they never had any complaints about your team talks in the first place? Its weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Right, have the game installed but I ain't gonna play it yet for two reasons.

One, gonna start a game with St Pats as soon as the new LOI patch comes out.

And two, it's April 2020 in my FM11 Pro Vercelli game and I've yet to win a major trophy. I've won Serie C2/A, Serie B and the Italian C2 Super Cup. I've lost two Italian Cup Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Dissertation finished and now I have FM 12 to get stuck into :) Gonna start with Dafuge's Challenge as soon as my logo megapack is installed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ok am 3 seasons in and have a dilema on my hands

I started out with huddersfield

Year 1 got automatic promotion
    year 2 finished mid table in championship
    year 3 scrapped into the play offs on the last day then battered stoke and then middlesboro to win promotion

next year will be a struggle to stay up but the chairman has a few quid so should get investment but here is the spanner in the works

fergie and arry have just retired and i was linked with both jobs and was just about to finish up for the night and I just got offered the man utd job so havent made a decision yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

redzerdrog wrote: »
    ok am 3 seasons in and have a dilema on my hands

I started out with huddersfield

Year 1 got automatic promotion
    year 2 finished mid table in championship
    year 3 scrapped into the play offs on the last day then battered stoke and then middlesboro to win promotion

next year will be a struggle to stay up but the chairman has a few quid so should get investment but here is the spanner in the works

fergie and arry have just retired and i was linked with both jobs and was just about to finish up for the night and I just got offered the man utd job so havent made a decision yet!

Unless you are holding out for a particular job (like I intend to), or want to get Huddersfield to the top, I say take it. Title challenge with one of the biggest clubs in the world, or a probable relegation battle?

At least see what they are offering you, have a look at their squad and stuff. Make sure you think it is good enough to challenge for the title. If it is, I'd take it. It would be an insanely quick rise unless you set your past experience to high.

Or better yet, sleep on it before making a decision.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Unless you are holding out for a particular job (like I intend to), or want to get Huddersfield to the top, I say take it. Title challenge with one of the biggest clubs in the world, or a probable relegation battle?

At least see what they are offering you, have a look at their squad and stuff. Make sure you think it is good enough to challenge for the title. If it is, I'd take it. It would be an insanely quick rise unless you set your past experience to high.

Or better yet, sleep on it before making a decision.

cant remember for sure but i usually set past experience at semi-pro player i think.

anyway think i will decline it as i dont think i could resist the urge to sack evra and rio and sell rooney for a fiver:D. might take the spurs job if offered though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

redzerdrog wrote: »
    cant remember for sure but i usually set past experience at semi-pro player i think.

anyway think i will decline it as i dont think i could resist the urge to sack evra and rio and sell rooney for a fiver:D. might take the spurs job if offered though

Just for a laugh I swapped all the player positions at half time once.
    Pushed everyone upfront but I had to set a goalie
    Played goalie upfront, defenders on the wings etc.
    Torres only conceded one and ended up drawing, Cech kicked himself for missing an open goal, but Cole did well as a winger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bought this the other day on a whim and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Kinda mad about that. Think I might go head first into it tonight. Last one I played was 2008. Having never played one before that I found it hard to get into it. But after a while it clicked and I started playing well. Loved it after spending a good solid day and a half trying to get into it. Messed around in the tutorial in this one to see what changes they've made. That's about it.
    I tend to start off with a high/mid table premier league team and see how that pans out. Think I might start in the lower leagues.

stayed with huddersfield and got 30mil to spend although with f all of a wage budget. finding it hard enought to attract players had a bid accepted for raheem sterling but he wouldnt talk and liverpool wont loan him to me again this year.

1st game og the season i beat spurs 3-2 though so good start

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was bought this game. First since FM09. Starting off with a journeyman save. Trying to make it realistic as possible (with crap laptop) so only Ireland north and south loaded up. Pity the realism is somewhat ruined by the oddly designed LOI First Division :( Took up a job at Rockmount nonetheless.

Is there any way to get a Reserve team? I only have a first team and Under 19's but both are starting to get a little bloated. Could do with a reserve team in between the two.

Is there any way to get a Reserve team? I only have a first team and Under 19's but both are starting to get a little bloated. Could do with a reserve team in between the two.

Who are you playing as? Sounds like a Spanish team to me. Real have an affiliate 'B' team, Callista. Just move your players to your affiliate clubs

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Who are you playing as? Sounds like a Spanish team to me. Real have an affiliate 'B' team, Callista. Just move your players to your affiliate clubs
    Mt. Merrion. I have two feeder teams but they are both non-league so nobody wants to play for them.

Mt. Merrion. I have two feeder teams but they are both non-league so nobody wants to play for them.

Real/Mt. Merrion... couldn't be further apart in the spectrum :pac: Loan list is probably the only way then.

EDIT - and don't forget, you can offer your players to clubs for loan as well.

• Advertisement

I signed a 19 year old Congolese winger named Ourdy Tshibanda in 2011 on a free after his Mazembe contract expired. Just sold him in Summer 2014 for €725,000 + addons!
    Massive amount of money for Letterkenny and I'm out of financial bother now.

Bit annoyed I'm not one of his favoured personnel after all I did for his career :mad:.

Advertisement