Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Man it's now 22nd Feb 2022 in my game so i haven't a bog what my team was like haha.

Although Ba was a super player for me. I was able to bring in Daniel Sturridge on loan and they were a great partnership! I was eventually able to get Sturridge on a free, best bit of business ever. He's now in the "Club Legends" section of the Club Information tab alongside Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson.

I have Felipe Anderson in my squad right now actually.

So, so right about Sturridge, 5 goals in 4 games plus assists. Nailed on starter, 50% wages, couldnt agree a cheap purchase price, but we try again at the end of the season. Andy Cole even complained that he couldnt believe he was allowed to go out on loan, despite being in the reserves!

Really enjoying this game. Had an easy run of games (Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan, Liverpool (oh yes!), Bolton and Norwich. Only lost once this season to Chelsea out of 6 games. Currently 3rd :D
    Man U tonight at OT!

Gutierrez is a beast on the wing. Playing 4-2-2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can someone explain why I can't get a work permit for Yasuhito Endo. He has 108 caps for Japan and is a regular starter for them, as well as captain.

I thought players just had to play in a certain amount of International games to meet the requirements to get a permit to play in the EPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So, so right about Sturridge, 5 goals in 4 games plus assists. Nailed on starter, 50% wages, couldnt agree a cheap purchase price, but we try again at the end of the season. Andy Cole even complained that he couldnt believe he was allowed to go out on loan, despite being in the reserves!

Really enjoying this game. Had an easy run of games (Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan, Liverpool (oh yes!), Bolton and Norwich. Only lost once this season to Chelsea out of 6 games. Currently 3rd :D
    Man U tonight at OT!

Gutierrez is a beast on the wing. Playing 4-2-2-2

After my Champions League success I was offered the Barca job (during the next season)..... but I just didn't wanna walk away as i'd built a super squad!

I'm glad I didn't now because I finally took down the league. Won it by 11 points in the end! I then went and won the Champions League for a 2nd season in a row! (Also won the World Club Championship).

Get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Own goal has been on fine for me, 3 in the last 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Own goal has been on fine for me, 3 in the last 5 games.

Similar to life, woodwork has been brilliant vs my Liverpool players. Must've hit it about 16 times in 3 games. I don't appreciate the realism of FM in that aspect -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Two players I would recommend buying is Yarmolenko (ST) is banging in the goals (7 in 3 matches) and Gareth Bale DL/ML/AML (playing him in DL but last season had him as AML and he is fantastic in both positions!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Two players I would recommend buying is Yarmolenko (ST) is banging in the goals (7 in 3 matches) and Gareth Bale DL/ML/AML (playing him in DL but last season had him as AML and he is fantastic in both positions!

He's doing well for himself at Fulham in my game. I'd scouted him the season before when I'd only Suarez and Carroll up top and wanted to bring him in as back up. Then Fulham snapped him up and I lost both of the aforementioned to injury in pre season. Was gutted to see him #1 in the scoring charts.

Damiao was my replacement though and he's pretty good if I do say so myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Erick Torres and Carlos Fierro are 2 mexicans that wont disappoint, potential to make it at the highest level. Get them early as possible to save yourself a bidding war.

Was playing Red Star in Europa League and they set off a flare in the crowd. Was pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

really missing playing, being nearly 2 months since I played, had an impressive game going with Newcastle, about 5 or 6 seasons in but nVidia graphics card on the laptop let me down, don't have the patience to play on the netbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Got sacked by Newcastle United for finishing 11th, after midtable was the aim.

Weeks after got offered the Spain international job, brought them to the WC, old squad!
    Ended up winning the WC anyway with Munian and Llorente up front.
    Resigned, and then Guardiola also quit Barca.

Got offered Barca job, Guardiola took Spain job.

Some turn of events from being sacked by Newcastle after finishing midtable.

Only in Football Manager eh?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got FM 12 when it was released and started a game with Sheffield Wednesday.

(unrelated back story of my FM career: In every FM since 2005 I have gone with smaller teams, as the thought of managing a United/Chelsea/City/Real/Barca just seems so boring to me, my philosophy is I will only take a top job if I earn it, like last year in FM 11, I took Southampton from League 1 to the Premiership after successive title wins, and around Xmas of my first season in the Prem with Abel Hernandez as top scorer and Southampton in 6th, I was offered the United job (they were in 13th), I took it, signed Neymar, and I then went on to win every single game in the remainder of the season winning the league and FA Cup. In FM 10 I took Reading from the Championship to Champions League football, and in FM 09 I had Newcastle fighting for World domination.)

But I really didnt care for my Shef Wed game, and thus havent played it in about 2 months. Today I started a new game as Blackburn, here is why:

-A) If I make myself Blackburn manager, then Steve Kean doesnt exist.
    -B) Venkys should give me cash from next season on.
    -C) Some properly brilliant players at the club eg.Samba, Dann, Vuckevic, Rochina.

Only given 500k to spend, then £1.5m from United for Phil Jones making his international debut. Danny(s) Welbeck and Sturridge both would not come to me on loan. I signed Mahammadou Diarra on a free, but nobody else of note. I am however waiting on a work permit appeal for 16 year old Carlos Fierro. More than happy to pay the £1.25m compensation.

Really enjoying it so far. Only 2 games in but had a great start, a 2-0 win away to Newcastle with big Chris Samba getting both goals, then in the 2nd match at home to Fulham he got sent off when we were 2-0 up which is how it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just an update, I signed Carlos Fierro.

2vA1a.png?1313349760

Good luck with rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

just took the plunge, ordered FM12 online, am going to play FM11 to death until it arrives and finally uninstall FM10.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You can be both International and Club manager at the same time, can't you? I ask because I applied for an International job while Club manager and the press are reporting it as me looking to leave the club when I'm not. I want to do both with the same manager. If I can only be one, I'll stick with Mt. Merrion in the Europa League.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You can be both International and Club manager at the same time, can't you? I ask because I applied for an International job while Club manager and the press are reporting it as me looking to leave the club when I'm not. I want to do both with the same manager. If I can only be one, I'll stick with Mt. Merrion in the Europa League.

Yeah you can. Guided Uruguay to the World Cup in 2014 while boss of Liverpool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

If I can only be one, I'll stick with Mt. Merrion in the Europa League.

What a brilliant sentence haha, fair play!

I've taken over newly-promoted LOI First Division side Letterkenny Rovers.

With my €1900 P/W wage budget, I have built a team of foreigners, mostly Eastern European for their cheap labour.

letterkenny.png

A lot will be expected from club record signing Szilard Szogedi. We've clearly invested a lot in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I've taken over newly-promoted LOI First Division side Letterkenny Rovers.

With my €1900 P/W wage budget, I have built a team of foreigners, mostly Eastern European for their cheap labour.

letterkenny.png

A lot will be expected from club record signing Szilard Szogedi. We've clearly invested a lot in him.
    I've gotten a couple of bargains like that, but Africa instead of Europe. Getting on a bit in years but are still doing a job for me now in my third season and now in the Premier Division. Mostly just squad players now but were great in the first division. Mohammed Abdulai and Kabba Samura. Samura is from Sierra Leone, Abdulai is from Ghana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

I've gotten a couple of bargains like that, but Africa instead of Europe. Getting on a bit in years but are still doing a job for me now in my third season and now in the Premier Division. Mostly just squad players now but were great in the first division. Mohammed Abdulai and Kabba Samura. Samura is from Sierra Leone, Abdulai is from Ghana.

I've had similar luck in Africa with my Wexford team but it's young guys from the sports acadamies. Most of the acadamies will only have 1 / 2 active players but they are usually good.

One I got is a left back now worth 550k three seasons in, just signed another that looks very impressive from an Irish league standpoint.

Only problem is with the Irish league i find is that the turnover of players is quite significant which causes a problem when picking a european squad due to my lack of club trained players.

Another thing I noticed I can get a crowd of 2,200 at home against Shamrock Rovers but only 600 against Celtic in the Europa league :(

Neither in my game unfortunately. I signed 1 more player after I took the above screenshot. A South African I had on trial named Asanda Shishuba. Just played my first game against Cherry Orchard, brought him on at HT and he scored 1 and had 1 assist in a 2-0 win :)

My biggest problem was pretty obvious in the first game, my 41 year old Russian CB is clearly sh*te and too slow :D. I'm looking to Africa for a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

In 2nd season with Saint Pat's, took over mid way through first season and guided them from 4th to 1st Place and a League Cup tittle. Despite still being a semi-professional club i have gotten the club to the Champions League final play-off round beating FH an Icelandic side and Bate from Belarus, yet we will face Red Star to make it through to the group stage. With a £1.93m loser prize moneys its a win/win, also not totally sure but i think a failure to win will still she Pat's in the group stage of the Europa League if my memory serves me correctly. Here are my signing to help those interested in managing in Ireland but incase some cant be found i do have a custom database with all international and all players from top clubs from Europe in order to have all European competing team's squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Neither in my game unfortunately. I signed 1 more player after I took the above screenshot. A South African I had on trial named Asanda Shishuba. Just played my first game against Cherry Orchard, brought him on at HT and he scored 1 and had 1 assist in a 2-0 win :)

My biggest problem was pretty obvious in the first game, my 41 year old Russian CB is clearly sh*te and too slow :D. I'm looking to Africa for a replacement.

Maybe try German Tim Hofmann

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Started with Barca B..and am loving it all over again..

A lot of top quality youths and managed to get in some experienced, if uncapped defenders in for experience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I got FM 12 when it was released and started a game with Sheffield Wednesday.

(unrelated back story of my FM career: In every FM since 2005 I have gone with smaller teams, as the thought of managing a United/Chelsea/City/Real/Barca just seems so boring to me, my philosophy is I will only take a top job if I earn it, like last year in FM 11, I took Southampton from League 1 to the Premiership after successive title wins, and around Xmas of my first season in the Prem with Abel Hernandez as top scorer and Southampton in 6th, I was offered the United job (they were in 13th), I took it, signed Neymar, and I then went on to win every single game in the remainder of the season winning the league and FA Cup. In FM 10 I took Reading from the Championship to Champions League football, and in FM 09 I had Newcastle fighting for World domination.)

But I really didnt care for my Shef Wed game, and thus havent played it in about 2 months. Today I started a new game as Blackburn, here is why:

-A) If I make myself Blackburn manager, then Steve Kean doesnt exist.
    -B) Venkys should give me cash from next season on.
    -C) Some properly brilliant players at the club eg.Samba, Dann, Vuckevic, Rochina.

Only given 500k to spend, then £1.5m from United for Phil Jones making his international debut. Danny(s) Welbeck and Sturridge both would not come to me on loan. I signed Mahammadou Diarra on a free, but nobody else of note. I am however waiting on a work permit appeal for 16 year old Carlos Fierro. More than happy to pay the £1.25m compensation.

Really enjoying it so far. Only 2 games in but had a great start, a 2-0 win away to Newcastle with big Chris Samba getting both goals, then in the 2nd match at home to Fulham he got sent off when we were 2-0 up which is how it finished.

Yeah that's my game as well, 16 straight EPL's atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When you get stuck in a bad run of games, boy does it last! Can't remember the last time I won!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

WOW. I haven't played this in years and the last one I owned/played was the '08 one. Played that up until a couple of years ago. Think I might have to find it cheap and get back into it. Where's the cheapest around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

WOW. I haven't played this in years and the last one I owned/played was the '08 one. Played that up until a couple of years ago. Think I might have to find it cheap and get back into it. Where's the cheapest around?

I ordered it on play.com for €18.99 I think. Hasn't arrived yet though

• Advertisement

Advertisement