Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 19, Stage 16: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux - Gap 163km

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

He's a pro cyclist & he's complaining about having to descend in the wet? What a feckin bitch. I hope it pisses rain all day tomorrow!

He should come over here for training, I was quicker than him on the descents heading into work last winter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Jesus , great stuff yesterday , Contador caught everyone on the hop , Sean Kelly was even surprised , Fantastic effort with little return for Cedel Evans , it was two against one in the final few k with himself versus the two spanards , heres hoping this will sharpen up Andy , another great effort by Voecker . Not a fan of Contador but great to see him back on form for a good competition :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Only got round to reading Roches log:
    Even though he is 32, this is only his second year as a professional on the road so he is still learning and makes simple mistakes sometimes, like forgetting his race food, but he is riding well and fair play to him for that.

Glad there are guy with the mentality of the rest of us up there, makes you feel good. By that read I could be with them in 2 years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I'm cursing that I missed the highlights of this stage last night. I'm happy that Tommy V kept going, and delighted that those Schleck fleckers had it all go wrong for them. It's just not enough to attack on the last couple of hundred metres of a mountain finish if you want to win the Tour. They (or at least one of them) needs to hit the burners much earlier in a climb of they want to make significant inroads into anyone. Also, to keep going when they do attack. I was shouting at the screen in frustration on Thursday when they kept doing mini-digs and then slowing down and looking over their shoulders. Just ride, damn you!

For the rest of the tour, I'd like to see Voeckler hang in there, but Evans looks like he is flying at the moment. How is Sanchez's form in TTs? I'm hoping AC stays off the podium to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If you're at home yesterdays highlights are just starting on ITV4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

check_six wrote: »
    I'm cursing that I missed the highlights of this stage last night. I'm happy that Tommy V kept going, and delighted that those Schleck fleckers had it all go wrong for them. It's just not enough to attack on the last couple of hundred metres of a mountain finish if you want to win the Tour. They (or at least one of them) needs to hit the burners much earlier in a climb of they want to make significant inroads into anyone. Also, to keep going when they do attack. I was shouting at the screen in frustration on Thursday when they kept doing mini-digs and then slowing down and looking over their shoulders. Just ride, damn you!

For the rest of the tour, I'd like to see Voeckler hang in there, but Evans looks like he is flying at the moment. How is Sanchez's form in TTs? I'm hoping AC stays off the podium to be honest.

30 min highlights http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=sport

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

jens voight with a bit of perspective
    Soon enough we hit the final climb and it all got crazy. We did our best to get our boys at the front before the foot of the climb. But then Alberto Contador attacked. The first time, Fabian Cancellara covered it. But Alberto just kept attacking and finally Andy and Frank just didn’t have it. Frankie descended pretty well to limit his losses, but Andy just kind of lost it.

It is was a tricky descent. Le Col de Manse is where Joseba Beloki had his bad crash in 2003, broke his femur, and essentially ended his career. I think a lot of guys had that in their head, but what can you say?
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/hardlyserious/2011/07/19/tour-de-france-stage-16-down-to-the-river/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

That's all very well, but does he write it himself?:p

Advertisement