Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 19, Stage 16: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux - Gap 163km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sanchez and AC working well to catch Evans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

kmart6 wrote: »
    Sanchez and AC working well to catch Evans!

They did well to limit their losses to only 3 seconds alright.

So amused by Cav meandering in by himself! :P

Jesus that's some ride by Cav!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Well done Cadel. This is your year.

Again Andy flatters to decieve. He donest have the champions mentality to win the TDF.

Which AG2R rider was up there?!

• Advertisement

I thought it was Roche initially, but I didn't get a proper look at it. On the live ticker, it would seem to be him or Peraud - unsurprisingly.

EDIT: Peraud. Roche was 8'47 down! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

the schlecks are all talk but no action...they should've have put more time into contador the last few days...contador looks strong...evans looks strong too..2 horse race i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

Aoibheann wrote: »
    So amused by Cav meandering in by himself! :P

he looked so lost and lonely :D

JC Peraud

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

Roche 8:47 down in 75th. Disaster for him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I really don't understand the Schlecks, they know they have not descending skills neither TT skills and they can only climb well. WTF are they thinking? With their behavior so far they don't deserve a podium place.

Well done to Voeckler for doing the best his can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Roche finished 75th @ 8' 47" behind :(

milosh wrote: »
    Roche 8:47 down in 75th. Disaster for him again.

Cavendish beat him by TWO minutes. Roche absolutely has to get into a break over the next few days, or this will have been a woeful Tour for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

I'm guessing Roche is just padding his time so he is allowed to go in the breaks.

Roche finished 75th @ 8' 47" behind :(

3 mins beind his "minder" said he was still a protected rider in the indo today. Clearly his GM told the team to cut him lose today.

Welcome to domestique life Nico

I thought it was Roche initially, but I didn't get a proper look at it. On the live ticker, it would seem to be him or Peraud - unsurprisingly.

EDIT: Peraud. Roche was 8'47 down! :eek:
    It was Peraud!

It was Peraud!

Like the edit quoted said! :)

mgmt wrote: »
    I'm guessing Roche is just padding his time so he is allowed to go in the breaks.

id love if it were true. I just think his legs arent there. I hope Im wrong.

D3PO wrote: »
    3 mins beind his "minder" said he was still a protected rider in the indo today. Clearly his GM told the team to cut him lose today.

Welcome to domestique life Nico
    Don't think it's going to be that severe!!

The fact the peloton wouldn't let a break go with him in it there was no chance of a stage win today! If he had been up there or there abouts today he wouldn't be let go in a break tomorrow either, so maybe it was a case of stretching out his time and in the process saving his legs so he would be let go in a break from now on!

It was Peraud!
    Like the edit quoted said! :)

Yeah I had sent that post a few minutes before 15:59 so no idea why it showed up late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

This should diminish alot of people's views that Cadel Evans is not an agressive attacking cyclist. He gave it the beans on the end of the climb and on the descent!

The fact the peloton wouldn't let a break go with him in it there was no chance of a stage win today! If he had been up there or there abouts today he wouldn't be let go in a break tomorrow either, so maybe it was a case of stretching out his time and in the process saving his legs so he would be let go in a break from now on!

yeah. sounds like the plan for nico alright. he has one more chance tomorrow then its 5 HC climbs in 2 days. lets hope he's feeling good tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I'm still at work, how the he'll did Roche lose so much time??

This should diminish alot of people's views that Cadel Evans is not an agressive attacking cyclist. He gave it the beans on the end of the climb and on the descent!

yeah, i hate hearing him described as a wheel sucker (although i was guilty of it in the past :p)

He's given up on GC so dosn't care about his time now, and probably wants it to go up a bit anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Forgive my stupidity on tactics but why does everyone keep saying that the peloton wouldn't let him go with the break? (I only get text updates in work) can someone explain, cheers

No offense, but if you read the thread you'd answer your own question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

CramCycle wrote: »
    Forgive my stupidity on tactics but why does everyone keep saying that the peloton wouldn't let him go with the break? (I only get text updates in work) can someone explain, cheers

He was still viewed as a threat to GC so the peleton will not allow him to break.

Can't see people viewing him as a threat anymore

A top 10 finish at the Tour is still a prize teams want to get, Nico would have been a threat to certain riders. Even if it was a small threat. Now he will be allowed to go in the breaks.

• Advertisement

Because while he was out there they chased hard, as soon as they got him they all stopped for a piss cause they knew they were safe!!

Advertisement