Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im finding season 2 considerably weaker than the first

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lorie finally starts being interesting now she's a zombie killer, her and Shane and Daryl are the only interesting characters. the sooner that chick from Prison Break is eaten the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's like they've been stuck in a traffic-jam for six weeks.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Beekay wrote: »
    I know it off topic but thought it would be best to ask here, anybody know which of the Walking Dead books I should get to start off and get me as far into the story as possible? I've never read comics before and all these different volumes and compendiums etc. are confusing

I got up to volume 14 through my local library, so you don't have to buy them. Volume 15 is out late December.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    Lorie finally starts being interesting now she's a zombie killer, her and Shane and Daryl are the only interesting characters. the sooner that chick from Prison Break is eaten the better.

I think you might mean Andrea, the blonde? Lori is Rick's wife & is more likely to burst into tears at the sight of a zombie at this stage.

• Advertisement

It is all very dragged out in fairness. They'll need about 20 series to get to where the graphic novels are. They better not cut out Michonne!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think you might mean Andrea, the blonde? Lori is Rick's wife & is more likely to burst into tears at the sight of a zombie at this stage.

speaks volumes about the show that I cant remember peoples names halfway though the 2nd season :pac:, keep thinking shes Lorie, cos its Laurie Holden who plays her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It is all very dragged out in fairness. They'll need about 20 series to get to where the graphic novels are.

Was thinking that too. Only started reading the graphic novels. Got halfway through the first one and thought "This is nearly the end of Season 1, and there's about 14 volumes already"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

krudler wrote: »
    speaks volumes about the show that I cant remember peoples names halfway though the 2nd season :pac:, keep thinking shes Lorie, cos its Laurie Holden who plays her.

Ye i got the names mixed up too cus laurie holden plays andrea too :P
    Ye youre right shane daryl and andrea are the best characters now. But i think glenn is a really good character now, hes really been developed well. Dale too, hes like a father to the group ,i really like him. I know if i were in a zombie apocalypse I'd want him in my group .Hes so smart and reasonable and wise.And the tension between him and shane is an interesting twist. I think dale and glenn are great characters. So i think the best characters are shane,andrea,daryl dale and glenn. I like rick the main guy too actually, hes a good leader, i dont see how you could hate his character,hes a solid character and well acted, adds to the show but hes not like daryl good:p. As for the rest of the cast well...I suppose maggie and hershel are pretty good, and nice additions to the cast, maybe some of you wouldnt agree on maggie, but i really like her and hershel too. I really like glenn and maggie as a couple. As for the rest of the cast i dont care if they die, the little girl who got lost i dont care if shes eaten in fact i hope she is.Carl is sort of annoying i hope he turns into the good character he is in the comic. Dont care about tdog or carol either,hope they die or do something interesting or are developed properly.Dont care about the rest of the greene family either. other than hershel and maggie, the rest of them I'd say havnt even gotten more than 2 maybe 3 lines each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I definitely think one of the factors for the sloth like pacing is this looming mid season break, prior to this writers would spread significant events liberally over the course of a season , now instead we get filler eps so they can save the good stuff for the mid season finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Lord this show is sooooooooo slow,
    Im gettin bored, fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

youngblood wrote: »
    Lord this show is sooooooooo slow,
    Im gettin bored, fast!!

The worst part is a lot happened, The writers seem to have thought "anyone can make a zombie show thats exciting but boring! now that takes skillz"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I didn't read the page but the title is "Whos Walking off The Walking Dead" so I'm gonna call major spoilers on that link. Label it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Except they don't tell you who's walking off or even if they will definitely walk. Pointless article.

KerranJast wrote: »
    I didn't read the page but the title is "Whos Walking off The Walking Dead" so I'm gonna call major spoilers on that link. Label it please.

They only speculate on who it could be, they still don't know who it is, or if they'll do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

At last, episode 6 finally picks up from the nonsense that was epsiodes 4 and 5. While the trailer for episode 6 was misleading, there was definitely some good plot progression and some character development that kept me interested. The only downer to the episode was the ending scene which wasnt much of a "interest peaker" for next week's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

They only speculate on who it could be, they still don't know who it is, or if they'll do it.
    Ok fair enough. Didn't want to risk reading all of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I will say one thing about the TV show; I read a little into the character arcs from the comics - specifically Andrea & Shane - and it seems that the TV show is pretty much going off in its own direction regarding who lives / dies / humps who. It certainly adds an air of uncertainty as to who might do what, or who might bite the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

They only speculate on who it could be...
    They don't even do that.

Absolutely pointless article.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

El Weirdo wrote: »
    They only speculate on who it could be...
    They don't even do that.

Absolutely pointless article.
    Reading the article narrows it down to two people more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Really hoping it's T-dawg as a) he is the least well drawn character b) has a ridiculous name c) if he sticks around its unlikely we will see comic
    Tyreese & the storylines that come with him
    d)he only interacts with Dale so its no great lose if he goes .

Unlikely tho :/

Aw i really dont want any characters to go:( Its going to be one of the main cast i'd say, otherwise i doubt theyd mention it or make a big deal about it, background characters like carol and tdog are hardly news worthy:( I really like all main characters...who are listed as Rick,Lori,Carl,Glenn, Dale,Andrea,Shane and Daryl...then the recurring cast are Tdog,Carol and Sophia,Hershel,Maggie ,Patricia and those two teengaers on the farm.and Merle

Characters i really like:[
    rick and carl
    glenn and maggie
    andrea
    (i like shane but
    he needs to die like in the comics
    dale
    daryl
    hershel.
    merle

Characters i wouldnt miss..
    tdog
    carol
    sophia
    patricia
    lori
    2 teenagers on farm

Oh i hadnt read the article before i posted the above, and it says
    it will one of the main or star characters who leaves the show:(So then itll be one of the 8 main characters who are...Rick,Lori,Carl,Andrea,Shane,Dale,Glenn and Daryl.
    my guess of who'll be leaving,its got to be someone who was close or friendly with frank darabont, someone upset by his departure.The characters on the show whove worked with him before are the people who play andrea,dale and carol...so i'd say it may well be one of them...now it mightnt be..fingers crossed itll be either tdog or carol! I dont know what do you guys think itll be?

i got it, i think i know whats gonna happen...tenner bets sophia will be locked upin the barn full of zombies, then you know the way we are talking about one of the characters leaving the show because they were sad drabont left. well the woman who plays carol is very friiendly with darabont and has done films with him before so im guessing zombie sophia escapes barn,carol runs up to her i dunno wants to hug her or something,zombie sophia kills carol. thatd be a really good scene:) i actually so bet thats whats going to happen!itll be really sad though:( i liked carol and sophia..but on the other hand itll make good tv drama and i cant wait for the next episide:D so i think carol will the friend of darabont who will depart the show, though its not even set in stone that a character will leave, but if one does i think itll be carol. if not him then dale,dale was friends with darabont too.(id really really miss dale though:() but im sure sophia will be in the barn.

Oi, I already called Sophie being in the barn. And it's not a stretch to say that it'll inevitably cause lazy-zombie-cliché #57, where character <X> runs to their undead loved one out of grief/emotion/idiocy, only to get chomped.

As for which characters who'll get kill'enated; I gotta be honest there's nobody bar maybe Glenn or Daryl that I'd care about if they die. Think you're the only fanboy for this series in this thread left dude :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oi, I already called Sophie being in the barn. And it's not a stretch to say that it'll inevitably cause lazy-zombie-cliché #57, where character <X> runs to their undead loved one out of grief/emotion/idiocy, only to get chomped.

As for which characters who'll get kill'enated; I gotta be honest there's nobody bar maybe Glenn or Daryl that I'd care about if they die. Think you're the only fanboy for this series in this thread left dude :)

oh sorry didnt know anybody had said that yet:p i never heard of that cliche, ive actually never seen it in a zombie movie but it is inevitable itll happen!ye daryl and glenn are great ,but do you not like dale,hes cool! and shane and rick are both good interesting solid characters!cant complain about those 3.but ye glenn and daryl are best:) ahem im not the only fanboy:P *correction just about the only fanboy who posts on this thread!* look at poll results;) 34 % say its great and its best show on tv 4 % fav show ever(1 of thems me if you were guessing;)) and 35% say its a good show and theyll watch if its on.10% think its ok, not even 20% think its bad! not the only fanboy here i dont think.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

some people are trying to make a thing of misuse of morning after pills
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/23/the-walking-dead-s-abortion-misstep.html

i don't think walking dead is pro-life, its pro zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Oh i hadnt read the article before i posted the above, and it says
    it will one of the main or star characters who leaves the show:(So then itll be one of the 8 main characters who are...Rick,Lori,Carl,Andrea,Shane,Dale,Glenn and Daryl.
    my guess of who'll be leaving,its got to be someone who was close or friendly with frank darabont, someone upset by his departure.The characters on the show whove worked with him before are the people who play andrea,dale and carol...so i'd say it may well be one of them...now it mightnt be..fingers crossed itll be either tdog or carol! I dont know what do you guys think itll be?
    That's a bit of a spoiler dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    That's a bit of a spoiler dude.
    You'll get used to him doing it, eventually.

Advertisement