Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they finally gave Daryl something interesting to do, he's by far my favourite character. everyone else is wandering about or doing chores, he's fighting off zombies by himself and collecting parts of them as trophies, Predator style. badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

As we are so fond of saying what the cast should do, how about how we would do?
    http://www.buddytv.com/personalityquiz/the-walking-dead-personalityquiz.aspx?quiz=500000076

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Decent episode, haven't felt cheated out of 40 minutes. I enjoyed that, having started the comics I was very excited about the
    hay shed

I was very excited about the Spoiler: hay shed
    Love it, had it Kelly Construction on a blue placard on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The writing on this show is so ridiculous it's funny at this stage. Why was Daryll hallucinating conversations with his brother Merle? Do the writers think this is Lost? Herschel knows all about his daughter and the asian, how? And the exchanging notes in front of everyone at dinner scene, so stupid.

How come no one on the farm can hear the zombies in the barn? Surely the zombies would be doing their usual groaning and making noise in the barn (especially in reaction to all the noise being made by the people) loud enough for people to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

This was another boring ep! We called the barn link about 2 eps ago so it wasn't a "reveal". The kid is still missing. Would ave been better if the walker gnawing on daryl was the kid instead of some stranger.
    Also, was there no other way out of that water hole? id he have to take the most vertical route?
    Didnt find anything wrong with the convo between Merle and Daryl but it went on for too long. This isnt supernatural!

The show and my interest in it is waning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

great ep all round,not boring this time. conversations between characters were actually interesting this time. really enjoyed all characters in that episode, some tense action bits too. lori wasnt annoying nor was andrea. dale,glenn and maggie were all cool in it fun to watch. daryl was awesome nearly had a heart attack when i thought he died. liked rick and shane in it too. carol has stopped moaning. didnt spend that much time on carl being hurt or finding sophia. liked the merle bit. overall character interactions in the episode were fantastic and not a bore to watch. so cool episode just felt a bit cheated at the end with the barn cliffhanger..but other than that great ep - i'd give 75 percent!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well based on what we've seen of season 2 already, I bet the next episode will consist of Glenn forcibly indisposed by Maggie, as to stretch out the 'shock' reveal of the barn's contents to the other survivors for as long as possible. That or 45 minutes of Deputy dawg pleading with Hershel.

Just to be clear by the way - we're now half way through the series, and for 50% (minimum) of season 2, we've been following the cast search for this single girl. Half the series set into a holding pattern & dramatic limbo. Bloody 'ell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Oh crap yeah! I forgot this was a mini series style! It must be nearly over! >_<
    That kid better be a zombie and the mother will still want to hug her and get bitten, and the rest will look for shelter in the house, but hershal wont let them in, so they will seek refuge in the barn... queue cliff hanger!!!

... called it!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well based on what we've seen of season 2 already, I bet the next episode will consist of Glenn forcibly indisposed by Maggie, as to stretch out the 'shock' reveal of the barn's contents to the other survivors for as long as possible. That or 45 minutes of Deputy dawg pleading with Hershel.

Just to be clear by the way - we're now half way through the series, and for 50% (minimum) of season 2, we've been following the cast search for this single girl. Half the series set into a holding pattern & dramatic limbo. Bloody 'ell.

yep half way through now, but itll be intersting to see the director of the show change i think in episode 7 maybe 6 maybe 8 not so sure. darabont had directed i think around 7 episodes then he was fired, cant wait to see if the show gets better or worse or stays the same with the new director. hopefully better:) everyone give it a chance til then ;)

• Advertisement

what does everybody think of the new characters? im really liking maggie,great character maybe one of best on show, like hershel and like otis too ,sad he died. like patricia too ,dont know the other two characters though, the boy and the girl, i think there hershels other two kids?hopefully those 2 will be developed more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

bb1234567 wrote: »
    what does everybody think of the new characters? im really liking maggie,great character maybe one of best on show, like hershel and like otis too ,sad he died. like patricia too ,dont know the other two characters though, the boy and the girl, i think there hershels other two kids?hopefully those 2 will be developed more.

What new characters? Hershel, Maggie, and about 4/5 other members of the family who have barely featured to point I'd genuinely forgotten they existed. That kid showed up at the start of ep5 trying to get a gun & my first reaction was to ask "who the hell is he?". I'd even forgotten there were children living on that farm.

Maggie's just a blank slate, with no defining characteristics beyond "horny & defying Dad". Hershel himself is interesting enough, especially if you try to see things from his perspective & how he must see "our" survivors. But the rest of the farm? Pure vapour.

What new characters? Hershel, Maggie, and about 4/5 other members of the family who have barely featured to point I'd genuinely forgotten they existed. That kid showed up at the start of ep5 & my first reaction was to ask "who the hell is he?". I'd even forgotten there were children living on that farm.

Maggie's just a blank slate, with no defining characteristics beyond "horny & defying Dad". Hershel himself is interesting enough, especially if you try to see things from his perspective & how he must see "our" survivors. But the rest of the farm? Pure vapour.

ye suppose youre right:p but did you not like otis and his girlfriend? i really felt sorry for them both:( really sad..
    ye hershels a good character,hes sort of mean though!i agree with everything you said but i really like maggie,i think she a good character the way glenn cant read her, like shes up and down all the time, i just think shes really cool and interesting!

What new characters? Hershel, Maggie, and about 4/5 other members of the family who have barely featured to point I'd genuinely forgotten they existed. That kid showed up at the start of ep5 trying to get a gun & my first reaction was to ask "who the hell is he?". I'd even forgotten there were children living on that farm.

mostly the same in the comics too really, hershel and maggie were definitely the main focus on the farm arc, then otis but hes dead now, then patricia and billy who may be jimmy the boy who asked for a gun.nobody else on the farm other than those 5 were devloped really. then hershel had about 6 other kids in the comcis who we didnt even get to know before they were murdered or devoured!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what was glen doing this episode, sitting round playing guitar waiting to get his hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Much needed injection of "interesting" on this episode was given. Myself and the gf are about to give up on this show because of the sloppy writing and silly bits & pieces. Too many sub-plots that aren't relevant or interesting at all.

Moving at such a snail's pace it's hard to imagine that we're almost halfway through the season and we're still no further in plot than we were from episode 1.

Deryll is the only one who has a clue what to do and is by far the most interesting character. Was a bit silly him emerging from the woods all muddy, bloody and walking like a zombie. Plus the thoughts of him feeling worthless to the group was quenched when the missing girl's mother (whatever her name is) conveniently told him how much he actually was worth to the group.

Hopefully, this barn thing should pick the pace up a bit....................35 minutes into the next episode :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Looked like she was gonna push him into those zombies at the end. Maybe she will and the rest of the series will be the group looking for him. Only in the series finale will they actually go to the barn which is metres away from them to find a zombie version of the guy and missing girl.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Deryll is the only one who has a clue what to do and is by far the most interesting character. Was a bit silly him emerging from the woods all muddy, bloody and walking like a zombie. Plus the thoughts of him feeling worthless to the group was quenched when the missing girl's mother (whatever her name is) conveniently told him how much he actually was worth to the group.

that didn't quench his earlier thoughts it enhanced them.

No the kids alive, barn's full of zombies and half the cast get zombiefied (not that theirs much life in them now anyway) Thats my bet, not going to Paddy Powers with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

that didn't quench his earlier thoughts it enhanced them.

Yea, my mistake. On 2nd viewing I picked it up wrong considering I misheard what she said to him at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Why is there a load of zombies in the barn?

It didn't really shock me or make me excited for next episode. I was thinking "wtf!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Why is there a load of zombies in the barn?

It didn't really shock me or make me excited for next episode. I was thinking "wtf!?"

I think they don't kill them on the farmland. The girl didn't look too impressed when they smashed the skull in of the zombie pulled from the well. They'll probably say "god wouldn't want them to kill the zombies" and there'll be a religious episode about them questioning their beliefs in god and not killing another human (even if the human is now zombie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

what was glen doing this episode, sitting round playing guitar waiting to get his hole?
    Can you really blame the guy? The world falls apart and a living breathie hottie is letting him touch her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ha I thought the same about that kid, thought I missed something.

at this rate I'd love to see everyone but Daryl killed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

We should actively try and not watch it next week and see if we miss it all all. I doubt I would miss it.

red dave wrote: »
    I think they don't kill them on the farmland. The girl didn't look too impressed when they smashed the skull in of the zombie pulled from the well. They'll probably say "god wouldn't want them to kill the zombies" and there'll be a religious episode about them questioning their beliefs in god and not killing another human (even if the human is now zombie).

speculation
    i presume all their zombified loved ones are in there too, they didnt want to kill them either, herschiel talked about a cure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

He's keeping all his friends and family that got turned into zombies, thinking they still have humanity in them and believing there is hope they will be cured. He has no sense of the situation and clearly isn't willing to make the changes needed to adapt to life in the zombie apocalypse.

If you watched the episode from a couple weeks ago he believes in divine intervention. He thinks that this virus is just like aids, and it will either eventually go away, be cured by god, or someone will find a way to make it livable.

The last couple of weeks really gave it away though. He has said/done some not so subtle things to make at least rick aware that they weren't allowed in or around the barn.

Its been pretty clear they've been hinting something isn't right on the farm. The zombie in the well was clearly a person that Maggie knew. She had no problem bludgeoning a zombie the day before, but freaked when T-Dawg killed the well walker. Its all just leading up to the group's inevitable exile from the farm.

i wonder why there a so few zombies approaching them, don't see to be too bothered about keeping watch, and i hardly noticed the boy and the girl from that clan before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Gah. Even when I'm only half watching it, it's still shi.te.

• Advertisement

anyone watching talking dead the chris 'nerdist' hardwicke after show? had rooker on it tonight.

Advertisement