Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Finally.

But now 2odd months till the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

DeepBlue wrote: »
    But why are you reading the thread before watching and risking getting spoiled? :confused:

Anyway just
    how did Sophia end up in the barn if Herschel and the others knew the group were looking for a little girl?

According to the writers last night on the talking dead -
    Only Otis used to collect the walkers for the farm and he wasn't aware that they were looking for a girl, when Herschall was showing Rick how to catch them with the neck collars he said this is where Otis collects them, that explains why Daryll found the teddy bear close by too, and yes it was always dark when they looked into the barn so it would have been easy to miss her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Why all the 'Spoiler' tags???

This thread is for the [AMC- US] pace of the show, and the latest episode has been in the ether for over 12 hours at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shane was awesome in that episode his best by far

I think everyone kinda knew or had guessed that Sophie was in the barn so no surprises there

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Wow.

The few slow paced episodes were worth it for that. Absolutely awesome. Shane is a hero.

Pity we have to wait for 2 months though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Episode 7 is the best epsiode so far without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i always love a good rant, was nearly as good as clooney at the end of from dusk till dawn :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Apologies for being a jonny come lately lads but has The walking dead started up again? I was watching it on rte 2 and it ended with the survivors escaping from a disease control centre which had just exploded.
    Has there been any episodes after that shown on terestrial tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Goddamn Shane was brilliant in that episode. They really built him up nicely.
    tunguska wrote: »
    Apologies for being a jonny come lately lads but has The walking dead started up again? I was watching it on rte 2 and it ended with the survivors escaping from a disease control centre which had just exploded.
    Has there been any episodes after that shown on terestrial tv?

Nope, that was the end of Season 1. The first seven episodes of Season 2 have aired in the US with the rest due to air in February. Not sure when they'll air them over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Finally an entertaining and good episode. Only took them 7 feckin episodes to get there sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well it was always going to happen that way but at least it was done well.. eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

red dave wrote: »
    Only in the series finale will they actually go to the barn which is metres away from them to find a zombie version of the guy and missing girl.

From two weeks ago...nearly got it. Although in fairness I'd say it was predictable for most that she was in the barn.

I thought this was another poor episode. Will wait until the series is finished before deciding to watch any more. That half season should have been shown in 2 episodes....there have been 7 episodes.

Seriously watching paint dry entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Absolutely loved that episode, fantastic ending. The last few episodes of build up were worth it and made it that much more heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

DeepBlue wrote: »
    But why are you reading the thread before watching and risking getting spoiled? :confused:

Anyway just
    how did Sophia end up in the barn if Herschel and the others knew the group were looking for a little girl?

Didn't read the Spoilers, Strong will power me :pac:

I know a lot of peeps suggested that she could of been in the barn but i genuinely thought they would find her alive. Enjoyed it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Am I the only person who didn't enjoy that episode at all??

The girl being in the barn has been so glaringly obvious from the second we found out about Herschel keeping walkers in there!! She was never realistically going to survive on her own in a forest full of zombies!!

I've a pain in the hole with this programme.....it's such a missed opportunity because the comics are meant to be fantastic but this is just really poorly written and acted!! None of the characters (bar maybe the redneck dude) have any dept whatsoever so I really am struggling to give a sh*t what happens to them!! The only reason I seem to be watching this now is to see how much worse it can get as the weeks go on!!

How more people watch this than watch Breaking Bad I'll never know??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

what an amazing ep, so so sad at the end with sophia:( such a well done scene though! the music, sophia creeping out of the barn so slowly,hershel completely broken ...i thought it was very well done how you coud just see the whole of ricks group and greene family morale just plunge, all lying there crying,shocked..just such a good scene! shane is such a great character now, god i thought he was gonna kill dale for a sec, hes so unpredictable. maggie and glenn are a good couple now, both good characters especially glenn.liked maggies little speech with hershel about letting the group stay. hershel was just amazing in the episode! during the scene where they were shooting the zombie, god just such a good scene pity it was in episode 7 though! ok so ep 1 of s2 was good, ep2 good, ep3 where otis was killed was good, e4,5,6 fairly good but not much happened in them. would have been a great season if we just had ep123 and 7:p but i suppose all the characters were developed nicely over the season i really like andrea now! i actually am really getting to love all the cast now! bar the bad characters..tdog..lori(liked lori in that ep though)..and others who have no lines etc:p but i like all the main characters.

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who didn't enjoy that episode at all??

The girl being in the barn has been so glaringly obvious from the second we found out about Herschel keeping walkers in there!! She was never realistically going to survive on her own in a forest full of zombies!!

I've a pain in the hole with this programme.....it's such a missed opportunity because the comics are meant to be fantastic but this is just really poorly written and acted!! None of the characters (bar maybe the redneck dude) have any dept whatsoever so I really am struggling to give a sh*t what happens to them!! The only reason I seem to be watching this now is to see how much worse it can get as the weeks go on!!

How more people watch this than watch Breaking Bad I'll never know??

I agree with you 100%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I'd like to say I called it earlier in this thread, but as already mentioned it was so stunningly obvious Sophie was in the barn. To be honest, finally getting closure on this element merely highlighted how teeth-grindingly annoying the whole thread was in the first instance.

We spent 6 episodes watching our group peeling carrots, debating with Hershel and delaying the inevitable of a pointless plotline. Made all the more laughable by the fact nobody, at any point, thought of LOOKING IN THE BARN in case Sophie snuck in there. They searched everywhere except the immediate environs.

I got to be honest, if this episode showed any signs of improvement, it's simply because the one usable card got played 5 episodes too late.

You have to wonder if the remaining half of the series is going to play out in the same fashion - 5/6 episodes of filler & limbo? No thank you lads, I'm out if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aye, it more than likely wont change too much. the last half will be as slow as the first, it will just be something else they tease us with for 6-7 episodes and then cram into the last 5 minutes of the season

ill probably keep watching this season, just on the off chance it gets better but I really don't see myself watching season 3. if I dropped Dexter after that last season, I really can't in good conscience keep watching the walking dead after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Just voted. Based on season one I gave it a "meh",though I'm about halfway between that and "good". There's nothing terribly wrong with it, but its best aspects have been done better by other shows (eg Battlestar's two seasons). I guess the zombie genre strikes a chord with some people more than others.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well I'd like to say I called it earlier in this thread, but as already mentioned it was so stunningly obvious Sophie was in the barn. To be honest, finally getting closure on this element merely highlighted how teeth-grindingly annoying the whole thread was in the first instance.

We spent 6 episodes watching our group peeling carrots, debating with Hershel and delaying the inevitable of a pointless plotline. Made all the more laughable by the fact nobody, at any point, thought of LOOKING IN THE BARN in case Sophie snuck in there. They searched everywhere except the immediate environs.

I got to be honest, if this episode showed any signs of improvement, it's simply because the one usable card got played 5 episodes too late.

You have to wonder if the remaining half of the series is going to play out in the same fashion - 5/6 episodes of filler & limbo? No thank you lads, I'm out if that's the case.
    but the thing is i bet youll keep watching;) i here so many people saying this season is boring but the show hasnt lost a viewer i dont think this whole season!

trailer for next episode in feb! this season hershel goes missing..we look for him for 5 episodes :rolleyes: then in season finale turns out he done hid int the basement for the second half of the season:p
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/walking-dead-season-2-new-episodes-in.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

bb1234567 wrote: »
    but the thing is i bet youll keep watching;) i here so many people saying this season is boring but the show hasnt lost a viewer i dont think this whole season!

I've happily stopped watching shows I enjoyed more than Walking Dead; Most recently, Fringe season 4 I gave up on & was an avid viewer seasons 1-3.

I honestly don't see the point in giving the 2nd half of series 2 a chance. I'll keep an eye on the reviews yes, but I won't be watching the show. If the dust settles & the second half turns out to have been decent, I'll go back and watch it; but I certainly won't be tuning in as it airs.

Thing is when i mentioned about her been in the barn before it was a total sarcastic remark in thinking surely the writers wouldn't play such a lazy card.
    Seriously the amount of episodes dedicated to it is so ridiculous. It was a really annoying ending.

wasn't the main creator/producer? of the series fired(or resigned) after this episode was made or something to that effect? Maybe there will be change of pace for the 2nd half of the season like maybe they'll do a 24 style where each episode is based on real-time...1 hour spent waking up and making breakfast, next hour burying the zombie bodies etc. Gripping stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I don't no about others but the main whining about the first season was know one cared about the characters but the action was good, the second season people are saying they're talking too much and there is not enough action!

I really care about and understand most of the characters now(except for tdog, sophias mother and lori to an extent), if the next few episodes in the new year bring alot of twists/action its going to be awesome. Truly addicted to this show - Have stayed up till 2 AM every Sunday to watch it!

And the final scene ending where Rick had to take over and do something that Shane reluctantly couldn't was poetry in motion. He regained his leader status right there with one bullet.

Edit: Also the part where Shane is running and says "who is that" grunt "WHO IS THAT" bigger grunt was so funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Lucky for me when I watched this the audio was out of synch for the last 5 minutes, so yeah that took away the only good part of it. They're gonna need to introduce some child for Carl to get cosy with now. Also, Dale was acting very foolishly today, don't think they've developed how he feels for Andrea enough to warrant that much jealousy over Shane. Poor Stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Lucky for me when I watched this the audio was out of synch for the last 5 minutes, so yeah that took away the only good part of it. They're gonna need to introduce some child for Carl to get cosy with now. Also, Dale was acting very foolishly today, don't think they've developed how he feels for Andrea enough to warrant that much jealousy over Shane. Poor Stuff.
    I didn't think it was jealousy at all tbh.

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    I don't no about others but the main whining about the first season was know one cared about the characters but the action was good, the second season people are saying they're talking too much and there is not enough action!

I really care about and understand most of the characters now(except for tdog, sophias mother and lori to an extent), if the next few episodes in the new year bring alot of twists/action its going to be awesome. Truly addicted to this show - Have stayed up till 2 AM every Sunday to watch it!

And the final scene ending where Rick had to take over and do something that Shane reluctantly couldn't was poetry in motion. He regained his leader status right there with one bullet.

Edit: Also the part where Shane is running and says "who is that" grunt "WHO IS THAT" bigger grunt was so funny :)
    finally someone who understands me:D i love all the characters too, there all so good, bar the ones you mentioned who i agree on! everyone is so critical of this brilliant show:)

Advertisement