Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stupid question ???
    Is it a book as in words or is it comics as in pictures
    I am too old to start reading comics i would be temtped by a book verison thu

The doll thinks i am mental for watching zombie shows if i start reading comics i be kicked out
    It's hardly the fecking Beano.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's not just the buildings, the roads would be in bits as well with all those bombs. Anyway,

181453.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

The Sophia story has dragged on too long. She better be a zombie and dealt with appropriately, hopefully in the barn with the rest of them. Carol will hopefully develop a few lines of dialogue that don't sound like the whimperings of dog in the rain. On the edge of giving up on this show but i persisted with Lost so I will persist with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've finally gotten round to reading the comic and on issue 28....such a different and better story!

Beekay wrote: »
    I've finally gotten round to reading the comic and on issue 28....such a different and better story!
    Still loads to go and it gets better imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Still loads to go and it gets better imo.

I hope it happens soon, this is boring the t*ts off me and I am a big Sci-Fi and Zombie fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Really enjoyed episode 6, big improvement on 5 imo,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

FYI, I saw a spoiler image of episode 7 a few days ago. (This seems to be happening a lot with AMC shows atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really enjoyed episode 6, big improvement on 5 imo,

Decent enough episode (nice zombie effects in the store). The pace is still glacial, though. I thought after the end of episode 5, the s**t would start to hit the fan, but no such luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

some cool character development and scenes in ep6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, Lori was trying to terminate the pregnancy with morning-after pills? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that it's not how they work, certainly not once the egg has been fertilised and the tests are showing positive. I commented previously that the writing for the female characters was shoddy, didn't think it extended that far :/

Overall a stronger episode than some of those in the middle of the run, but still the same problems linger that have been well covered in this thread. Lori has successfully managed to shoot to the top of the ladder of Most Annoying Character though; the whole scene with Carl & the gun just took her ... shrew'ness too far.

To be honest, after the mid-season finale next week, I think i'll give the rest of the series a pass. Too little happening, too few characters to give a damn about, too much bad scripting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this ep was written by a woman,

About 30 seconds of screen time for Daryl so it was always going to a meh episode tbh, bit of a let down considering how last weeks episode ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

bit of a slow episode but was used for character development more so than action which was good i suppose. and i too was disappointed they didnt act on the cliffhanger from last week:( that would have been exciting! but still a good episode, some great character development and character interactions. i dont see how you could dislike any of the characters performances in that episode! the rick and lori convos werent boring, and the preganancy drama was done well, i was afraid it would be done very sope oprah ish but it was done great, was really sad and touching, some great acting from rick and lori. andrea isnt annoying anymore and is pretty cool now. really liked glenn in that episode hes a great character now:D dale was great too, that faceoff with shane was well done! shane was good in it too, can really see his darkside. unfortunately we didnt see much of daryl:(only downside of the episode. maggie was pretty cool in that episode, atleast she wasnt a bitch to glenn, and liked her fight with lori, or moreso badmouth of lori,lori didnt really say anything back. really like the glenn,maggie relationship:) hershel was cool too, hes a very complex character,sort of moral but has a dark side,really like him, so great episdoe for character development and interaction not so much action. hopefull lots of action next week. oh and thank god no time spent on carol crying or finding sophia:rolleyes:
    one more thing,so there going with the shane /andre couple now,what do you all think of that? I saw it coming, do you think itll break off soon...or theyll be together for a while to come? we can see dale really wants to be with her leading to tension between dale and shane ,that was good scene in that ep between shane and dale:) id give that episode 70 percent. i dont see how anyone could complain about anything other than not enough action,script was good, and characters and acting were really great in that episode!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

*plop*

Is next week the last week before the break?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Not a bad episode, good work on the characters and I'm liking that Glenn is getting more of his own story rather then acting as filler.

Bit annoyed they didn't play on the cliff hanger from the last episode and how the characters are taking the new information, doesn't fit with how the series has played out so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

KevIRL wrote: »
    *plop*

Is next week the last week before the break?

Yeah its the mid-season finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I thought the episode was good. An improvement on the previous ones.

TheUsual wrote: »
    I hope it happens soon, this is boring the t*ts off me and I am a big Sci-Fi and Zombie fan.
    I was on about the comics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

this ep was written by a woman,
    You'd never have guessed to be honest given the bullsh*t (afaik) about the morning after pill. In any case, I still stand by my belief that the women are universally badly-written in this show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

bb1234567 wrote: »
    bit of a slow episode but was used for character development more so than action which was good i suppose. and i too was disappointed they didnt act on the cliffhanger from last week:( that would have been exciting! but still a good episode, some great character development and character interactions. i dont see how you could dislike any of the characters performances in that episode! the rick and lori convos werent boring, and the preganancy drama was done well, i was afraid it would be done very sope oprah ish but it was done great, was really sad and touching, some great acting from rick and lori. andrea isnt annoying anymore and is pretty cool now. really liked glenn in that episode hes a great character now:D dale was great too, that faceoff with shane was well done! shane was good in it too, can really see his darkside. unfortunately we didnt see much of daryl:(only downside of the episode. maggie was pretty cool in that episode, atleast she wasnt a bitch to glenn, and liked her fight with lori, or moreso badmouth of lori,lori didnt really say anything back. really like the glenn,maggie relationship:) hershel was cool too, hes a very complex character,sort of moral but has a dark side,really like him, so great episdoe for character development and interaction not so much action. hopefull lots of action next week. oh and thank god no time spent on carol crying or finding sophia:rolleyes:
    one more thing,so there going with the shane /andre couple now,what do you all think of that? I saw it coming, do you think itll break off soon...or theyll be together for a while to come? we can see dale really wants to be with her leading to tension between dale and shane ,that was good scene in that ep between shane and dale:) id give that episode 70 percent. i dont see how anyone could complain about anything other than not enough action,script was good, and characters and acting were really great in that episode!:)

I really like that they are turning Andre into a badass instead of having another whiny, helpless, chick crying about something. I like that direction, and I think Shane and her are the best couple in the group.

the ending of this episode left me with no desire to watch the next episode.

My flatmate was joking to me tonight, "When is it a good time to talk over the walking dead? When there's a woman on the screen."

So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

I got really excited in the first 5 minutes of the episode, looks like they are ramping things up to where the comics are. Looks like they'll skip
    the housing estate bit, looks like they covered that, and can move on to the prison.
    Oh and Carl can shoot :D

I thought episode 6 was a weak effort.

Started really well – looked like it was going to be a cracker of an episode but as usual, the pacing fell off a cliff. Shane and Andreas interaction all felt contrived and predictable – and why was he not worried about the Zombies in the housing estate, and yet the ones at the school were such a threat.

Lauri was pretty annoying this episode, I could live with the drama if the action wasn’t so sparse. It’s becoming quite easy to tell when people are actually in danger and when it’s just a set up to drive the plot further. Otis had a target on his head the second he volunteered, but ever since T-Dogg hung in it’s become clear that the entrance and exit of developed characters will not keep up with the comics.

I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that there was no cliff hanger for the season break – but given that nothing has happened for 6 episodes it would have been nice to see something drastic happen.

I’ll keep watching, but my eager enthusiasm is gone. Actually found myself hoping that HBO would adapt World War Z series after the movie comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that there was no cliff hanger for the season break – but given that nothing has happened for 6 episodes it would have been nice to see something drastic happen.

Next week is the final episode before the break.

Overall, that one was once again week. Loads of crap about Lorie and all her crappy problems that no one cares about. Andrea can finally shoot a gun, and for some reason wants to hang around in a zombie infested housing estate to shoot more of them, instead of high tailing out of there. Great time to test her shooting skills there Shane, bang up job.

Glenn starting to come out of his shell is about the only good thing in that episode. No real progress on the barn full of walkers, which is strange and disappointing. Once again nothing on the location of the young one who's name I can't remember any more.

No Daryl, bar about 30 seconds, boo-urns.

jor el wrote: »
    [...]Once again nothing on the location of the young one who's name I can't remember any more.

She's in the barn. If she's not I'll eat my proverbial. Face it, it's the only result of that tedious, pointless subplot that has even the remotest ounce of drama & tragedy.
    Finding her alive & well certainly wouldn't have any, and being in the barn would give 'our' group more to think about if one of their own was in there. It also gives Carol something to do, even if it means inevitably getting chomped by her ex-daughter.

Little Sophie's in the barn unfortunately, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

pixelburp wrote: »
    She's in the barn. If she's not I'll eat my proverbial. Face it, it's the only result of that tedious, pointless subplot that has even the remotest ounce of drama & tragedy.
    Finding her alive & well certainly wouldn't have any, and being in the barn would give 'our' group more to think about if one of their own was in there. It also gives Carol something to do, even if it means inevitably getting chomped by her ex-daughter.

In The Barn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, how did I miss this.

This is probably the only storyline Im interested in at the moment. (and she has had no screen time since S2 Ep2 :D

If she turns up alive I will chew my own arm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »

I doubt it. Would there have been enough time between when she went missing and when Rick brought Carl to Hershel's farm? Enough time for her to have been killed, be reanimated, walk to Hershel's farm (as a walker, so pretty slowly) and have them lock her in the barn? Plus, the farm folk know Carol is looking for her daughter, as bad as keeping walkers in the barn is, I doubt they'd just ignore the fact that they probably locked her dead walker daughter in their barn and let them go out on hunts looking for her.

I'm not saying she isn't dead, but I doubt she's in the barn.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it. Would there have been enough time between when she went missing and when Rick brought Carl to Hershel's farm? Enough time for her to have been killed, be reanimated, walk to Hershel's farm (as a walker, so pretty slowly) and have them lock her in the barn? Plus, the farm folk know Carol is looking for her daughter, as bad as keeping walkers in the barn is, I doubt they'd just ignore the fact that they probably locked her dead walker daughter in their barn and let them go out on hunts looking for her.

I'm not saying she isn't dead, but I doubt she's in the barn.

Well the easiest answer to all that would be - she hid in the barn after running off in episode 1. She could have accidentally found her way to Hershel's place, perhaps it was dark by then, and thought to take refuge in a warm barn overnight. So Hershel & co. wouldn't know she was even in there until Rick's group recognise her among the walkers. Typing this also makes me realise none of Rick's group ever seemed to think of asking if she might be in the barn :D

The other explanation would be that Hershel found her as a walker, dumped her in the barn, and said nothing to Rick, hoping they'd all pack up and leave eventually (which is already his strongest desire). He does believe the zombies are just sick people, so probably figured keeping Sophie secreted in the barn was a kindness.

Just theories mind you, but I can't see how this subplot will end well at all.

Advertisement