Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I'm half enjoying the show, half bored. Missing kid / sick kid YAWN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I thought the season started off good, but has declined lately to the point where it's a major snoozefest. Hoping for some action in the next few episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

agree with last two posts, really feel we are all going to like the next episode for some reason,fingers crossed its tense and action packed,less kids in peril:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This show is truly painful mainly due to poor writing and unlikeable characters.

Why did the annoying wife just ask for a brand and not a pregnancy test kit? The world is screwed by zombies and all manufacturing has stopped and she wants a particular brand....wtf...isn't she lucky the chemist had her brand.

Why if there was to be no guns on the property, how did the blondie one produce a gun from her pocket?

Also, from something bothering me from a few episodes back, if they use their guns sparingly as the zombie attracted by the sound, why was Otis out shooting deer?
    Why is Daryl riding the loudest motor bike that is known to mankind?

Looks like your man has finally given up his uniform, but surely that's stinking by now anyway?

Why did she feel the need to go outside for a moonlight piss with a penknife? Could she have not just done that in the bathroom with a locked door?

The zombie scene has been well covered (see what I did there?)

Every bedside scene can be fast forwarded.

Why all the god stuff.....it's like they're trying to convert viewers.

Also, just realised as I write this that I only know the names of a couple of characters which shows me that it's all going wrong and I don't really care about anyone in it.

Thing is though I will keep watching in the hope it gets better!

you read the the story i posted a link too didnt you ;)

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    you read the the story i posted a link too didnt you ;)

I hadn't but I have now....great minds and all that!

highlights of the synopsis the guy wrote-
    Dale asks how Carl is doing and Lori bitch faces that he’s going to survive (seriously, her faces this week are UNREAL)

The good doctor says that the fat man “died as he lived. Running from zombies and then being betrayed by a stranger and eaten alive.”

The fat man’s wife says that Shane has to speak so that she knows that her husband’s death had meaning. Ha! You live in a nightmare world, population: 5. His death definitely didn’t have meaning.

Shane puts a rock on the pile and the pile bursts into flames and Shane’s face melts off as he shrieks “LIAR! LIARRRRRRR!” Who cares.

personal favourite -The farmer’s daughter brings out a surveyor’s map of the area with this huge grin on her face.

This show is worse than Lost! At least Lost pretended like they were going to answer all the questions at the end of the day. This one is just like “Here is a secret, and I cannot ever tell you what it is, for no apparent reason.”

Grimes gives Carl his hat. There’s 15 minutes right there.

It is almost as if no one on this show ever even remembers that their lives are meaningless because the world is over! Someone should tell them. Or shoot them.

Next week: Daryl’s brother comes back I think? Also there is a zombie. And Lori and Shane refuse to just get a room already.

defnitely one of the funniest things i've ever read!:D

Isn’t it exciting to think of all the terrifying, lonely places that little girl could be hiding?! :D

amazing paragraph!
    Shane and Lori run into each other outside of the RV and immediately draw down on each other in a Mexican Stand-off. Suddenly, both guns go off. Two dead. (Shane asks Lori if she really meant it when she asked him to stay with the group. UGH! Is he 12? She says she meant it. Are we really supposed to be interested in what might happen between Lori and Shane? This is the worst couple since Sammi and Ronnie on Jersey Shore.) I hope she DOES **** him, and I hope Grimes finds out and kills EVERYONE

Him and T-Dog walk over and start filling up jugs and making boring chit chat (“can you believe this zombie weather were having..zombies zombies zombies?”)

It turns out there’s a big old fat zombie that done fell in the well.

Obviously, the whole point of this scene was just that the special effects team had big special effects boners for tearing a fat zombie in half, but GOOD GOD! SOME OF US ARE HUMAN BEINGS WITH HOPES AND DREAMS AND GOALS TO ACHIEVE BEFORE WE DIE! HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU THINK WE ARE GIVEN ON THIS EARTH!?

He asks Grimes if he didn’t feel the hand of God when he came out of the hospital alive and then also was reunited with his family, and it’s just like, YOU KNOW THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE DEAD, RIGHT? It’s just so OFFENSIVE. God saved the six of you? Why? You’re all the ****ing WORST! This is even more offensive than that time that Star Jones said that God saved her from the Indonesian Tsunami. SMITE HER! Grimes says that he doesn’t mess with God anymore because the last time he asked God for a favor, Carl got shot. UH, YOU MEAN THREE DAYS AGO? “I don’t mess with God anymore. Not since Tuesday.”

He also finds a flower that he later gives to Sophia’s mother along with some wikipedia entry on flowers.

stuff about lori and pregnancy test brands:D

. and then she is like “Oh, I’ll **** you,” and he is like “Why?!” Hahha. Aww. Poor Glen. And then she says, “Options are limited these days.” OUCH! WHAT A PRIZE! She’s a keeper Glen
    Oh well, at least Glen finally got it wet. We’ve all been pulling for him to dip his wick. (Gross. Sorry. Still not worse than this show, though.)

after Carl is recovered and they find Sophia (Ha! As IF!) he expects that they will all be moving on

“We have to be clear on this,” he says, and then immediately walks away before waiting to see if they are clear on it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Did Lori ask for a brand name pregnancy test? I thought she just wrote "pregnancy test" on the note and asked Glenn to look at it in the chemist as she was too embarrassed to tell him or to be in front of him when he read it. If she asked for a brand name perhaps it was because she wanted a digital test. The lines can be very hard to interpret by torch light in field. Also pregnancy tests aren't always accurate in the middle of the day/night. If it's not your first piss of the morning you are likely to get a false negative. After making such a song and dance about getting the test surely she would want to save it until the best time of day to use it.

Also I wonder what the women do when they have their periods? They are probably pretty low on tampons by now and the smell mid-use pads would probably attract zombies. They certainly attract my springer spaniels. I hope for the groups sake that all the ladies use mooncups. and are careful to bury their contents.

iguana wrote: »
    Did Lori ask for a brand name pregnancy test? I thought she just wrote "pregnancy test" on the note and asked Glenn to look at it in the chemist as she was too embarrassed to tell him or to be in front of him when he read it. If she asked for a brand name perhaps it was because she wanted a digital test. The lines can be very hard to interpret by torch light in field. Also pregnancy tests aren't always accurate in the middle of the day/night. If it's not your first piss of the morning you are likely to get a false negative. After making such a song and dance about getting the test surely she would want to save it until the best time of day to use it.

Also I wonder what the women do when they have their periods? They are probably pretty low on tampons by now and the smell mid-use pads would probably attract zombies. They certainly attract my springer spaniels. I hope for the groups sake that all the ladies use mooncups. and are careful to bury their contents.

She gave the note and he asked what' that. So it must have been a brand or he wouldn't have asked.

They must be getting low on a lot of things.

Won't things like shower gels and soaps run out?
    Razor blades and shaving foam?

How does the hourse have electricity...and if it's generators (which I don't hear) then where does the fuel come from.

Waste water & sewerage would surely become a problem.

If they are using water from a well to drink where is the shower water coming from?
    Do they still have toilet paper and can they flush the toilets?

iguana wrote: »

no i dont think she actually asked for a brand,but the only reason glenn wouldnt understand what was on the paper was ,was if she put down a brand name instead of just 'pregnancy test' so as he doesnt know she thinks shes pregnant and tell anyone. your theory is probably what we were meant to think though they didnt make it too clear!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

murpho999 wrote: »
    She gave the note and he asked what' that. So it must have been a brand or he wouldn't have asked.

I thought he went to read the note in front of her and she said; no don't look now, wait until you get there.

And I sure hope they have toilet paper. Most people have a certain bowel related reaction to fear. I can't imagine what the inside of Dale's camper van smelled like, on that highway after the zombie swarm.

added a poll to see what people think of it. i know many of you hate it, but i want to see if many people like it, and just how bad the haters think it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'm not so bothered by the god talk, I think it may be relevant to the farm plot line, dito the out shooting in-spite of the noise. Noticed how few zombies are in the area around the farm and the woods were thick with them in comparison.
    What bugs me is the fact that having decided on a character driven script, the gave us an assorted set of off the shelf characters. Silent type hero, check. Buddy who has a thing for heroes wife, check. Redneck with heart of gold, check. Old guy to be a grandad, check. Youth for random love interest, check. hell its any generic American soap you name but with zombies. OK it better than Falling Skies and Terra Nova which did the same casting trick but not much.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    OK it better than Falling Skies and Terra Nova which did the same casting trick but not much.
    have you seen those two shows?:eek: they are shockingly bad, the acting in this is decent atleast, the other two are just unbelievably bad like literally, you wouldnt believ how bad the acting is sometimes. ive not noticed any scened in twd where youd say wow the acting there was shockingly bad, it has ups and downs but leagues ahead of the other two, the script and writing is much stupider and cheesier in those 2 than the twd too. i just cant see how you think those 2 are only a bit worse than twd:eek:

oh and you say the characters are really cliched well youll see them develop more in due course, and theyll finally develop into the characters we know and love in the comics, some characters you might not like now will become amazing. in the comics glenn,andrea,dale,carol all the group really were just great characters ,and the show is trying to mould the tv characters into their comic characters and i can guarantee you you will really like or much prefer these characters later on when they resemble their comic book counterparts later on. andrea mostly, shes the coolest comic book character ever, but right now she a whiny bitch ,but i can see shes changing already and shell soon be a
    badass sharpshooter
    who we will all like much more than present andrea!andrea started off the same way in comics, she wasnt really well known at start ,then sis dies she became whiny,bitchy like she is now..but then
    she turned really cool. shes a badass sharpshooter who i bet well all come to like
    we can see shes already changed ,she lightened up on dale, is less whiney doesnt cry, and is getting on with daryl and shane and is becoming interested in guns.

shes the coolest comic book character ever,
    Yes, she had promise when we first met her in the show but seems left in moanvill since.
    This might be TWD problem, comic book pacing is different from movie pacing. And totally diff from pacing a TV show with so many adverts stopping and starting the pace. The desperation and gloom in the comic worked because you read at your own pace but on TV it goes on an on. Try enjoying The Road with an ad break every 15 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Strangely worded poll options...

Giruilla wrote: »

ye i thought people might say that, i thought it was kind of weird too..i had to do it really quickly..am i able to edit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

bb1234567 wrote: »
    ye i thought people might say that, i thought it was kind of weird too..i had to do it really quickly..am i able to edit it?

Ah no its fine.. personally I voted for the last option. I think the show is awful right now, but can't deny that the show has potential for some great scenes.
    But can a few eventual great scenes justify having the show being so dull the rest of the time..

Ah no its fine.. personally I voted for the last option. I think the show is awful right now, but can't deny that the show has potential for some great scenes.
    But can a few eventual great scenes justify having the show being so dull the rest of the time..

ye it definitely needs to get more exciting, last episode was very boring no action at all. hopefully more tense and action packed next episode. but hey atleast there developing characters and giving all the cast some lines and factetime, i know it can be boring but they need to do it before any action and killing off of any characters so we know the characters before death and maybe feel for them a little. just before season 2 everybody was giving out about no character development and some characters not getting lines now theres lots and people are giving out about it being boring. the show really needs to find a neutral position between character development, not boring convos between cast, actions scenes and gore fast if it doesnt want to lose lots of viewers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Watched s2e5 there. Improvement on the last one but I'm starting to get frustrated with the show now, moving along at such a slow pace

In season 1 it left like they were on the move all the time, constantly under threat from zombies. Now its like there stuck on that feckin farm washing clothes all day!

Next episode should be interesting due to the ending. ( Should being the key word, I always end up dissapointed :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Naaaarrrrrrhhhhh.

TheUsual wrote: »
    Naaaarrrrrrhhhhh.
    OMG it a Zombie:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

murpho999 wrote: »
    Waste water & sewerage would surely become a problem.

If they are using water from a well to drink where is the shower water coming from?

a rural house like that could be fully connected to a well..no mains at all

so all water is from well

They could have soldi fuel boiler for hot water etc

the electricity is a good question alright but they simply could have a good supply of diesel or whatever for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Another episode = another 50+ posts about how this show is too slow-moving, too boring, not enough zombies etc etc........ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Last night's episode was a little better from what we've been used to this season. Didnt move that much faster but there were some nice interactions between some of the characters. Twas nice to see what was in the barn (although I already knew since some people on here haven't been using spoiler tags. :mad: when discussing the comics etc )

Was it me or have they not been alluding to the zombies barn that much. For a revelation that big, you would assume they would have focussed on it a bit more to get us thinking about it, and what could have been inside, like throwing in some eerie shots of it etc. I barely knew there was a barn there if it wasn't for that one shot of it over Glenn's shoulder as he played the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

They did focus a little longer than necessary on the barn in the last episode and Rick did suggest that his group move into the barn but Herschel said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DeepBlue wrote: »
    They did focus a little longer than necessary on the barn in the last episode and Rick did suggest that his group move into the barn but Herschel said no.
    Ah, yeah. Forgot about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Thats a good post Giruilla concise and factuallly yet lacking something and
    wishing for more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

The most recent episode was a bit dull. i thought there would be a lot more of a focus on Shane after his actions in the previous episode.

It's getting to the stage where I hope that Sophia is a zombie so at least something happened during her disappearance getting sick of hearing about her at this stage.
    At least if she is decapitated it will shake things up, i don't like how comfortable all the characters (bar Lori) seem to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

That was the best episode of the season by far. Huge improvement on Season One overall.

Advertisement