Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Anyone know where us IRish can get to see the trailers for episode 5? I've been on a FB group full of yankees and they keep alluding to things that will happen and I'd love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone know where us IRish can get to see the trailers for episode 5? I've been on a FB group full of yankees and they keep alluding to things that will happen and I'd love to see it.
    YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wont embed it but heres one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIR9nlwRDbA

Cheers people!

Can only get better with Merle.
    Looks like he won't be the Governor however.

I've been reading some reviews of the season so far and they are mostly criticising the writing and the pacing. With a little bit of luck this will get rectified. My feeling however is that shows generally tend not to get better. They always suffer from the same problems, and though they can start news seasons strong - they always decent into the normal mediocrity.

I think The Walking Dead is doomed to be an ok show, 70% of which is forgettable, 30% of which is awesome enough to keep you watching.

We may yet lament the departure of Frank Darabont.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4wwskfPlts&feature=related

Interesting things in this clip. It says it's for episode 5, but some of it is from earlier ones. Still, worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Can only get better with Merle.
    Looks like he won't be the Governor however.

I've been reading some reviews of the season so far and they are mostly criticising the writing and the pacing. With a little bit of luck this will get rectified. My feeling however is that shows generally tend not to get better. They always suffer from the same problems, and though they can start news seasons strong - they always decent into the normal mediocrity.

I think The Walking Dead is doomed to be an ok show, 70% of which is forgettable, 30% of which is awesome enough to keep you watching.

well frank darabont directed up to episode 6 or maybe 7 in season 2, then he was fired and another director took over for the remaining episodes, itll be interesting to see if it gets better or worse or stays the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bb1234567 wrote: »
    well frank darabont directed up to episode 6 or maybe 7 in season 2, then he was fired and another director took over for the remaining episodes, itll be interesting to see if it gets better or worse or stays the exact same.

Darabont is all about character driven story. You just have too look at all the stuff he has been involved with. Something tells me the network want zombies and gore and he wasn't happy with people interfering with his baby.

The problem with zombie action every week is that eventually you have to start killing people. Otherwise the feeling of danger is reduced.

The problem with killing lots of characters is that you have to introduce alot of red shirts to accomplish this. And then people don't care when the red shirts die because we know nothing about them.

People may lament the slow pace of the show but atleast we know a little more about each character now. Ya know....like their names. :p

My fear is that people don't know what they want......and that the third season will bore people more with generic zombie chasing that means nothing.

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    If there's no Tyrese then I hope somebody else gets locked in the b-ball court with only a hammer. Yeah, isn't looking good for the twins and that. I'd say throwing more kids into the mix wouldn't do the writers any favours, even in the comics they're ignored when it's handy. I hope Dale has a relationship with somebody(looks like t dog at the moment) he'll need it. Well, if they decide to go that route with him. I need to catch up on the two latest issues, might look for it in town rather than ordering them

Ha ha ha! Spoiler alert censorship gone mad!

a short clip of next episode, conversation between dale and glenn, good to see some strong character development of these 2 guys, 2 of my favourite characters theyre both great!:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sgfWLlU3s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

faceman wrote: »
    Pointless, nothing happened except Glenn getting the ride.
    That was the worst bit. Super hot religious farmers daughter throws herself at token nerd. Like everything so far this series its terribly predictable and painful to watch. If I hear one more person say "I give you my word" or "you have my word" or some other related BS I think I'm going to scream.

Less god, terrible acting and predictable storylines, more zombies eating people's faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why dont any of them wear holsters? If you were in a zombie apocalypse wouldnt you want a gun at hand?

That was the worst bit. Super hot religious farmers daughter throws herself at token nerd. Like everything so far this series its terribly predictable and painful to watch. If I hear one more person say "I give you my word" or "you have my word" or some other related BS I think I'm going to scream.

Less god, terrible acting and predictable storylines, more zombies eating people's faces.

how is glenn a token nerd, hes not even nerdy and hes a great character!:D hes so funny and always brightens up the mood, i know the farm girls hotness makes it a bit unrealistic, but in the comics
    its sort of the same and then they fall in love and marry.
    Glen is one of the best characters by far and is not a token, and the only thing that makes him token is being asian!

i thought for a sec your username was deathtobb1234567 and i was like:eek: hah:D

Kirby wrote: »
    Darabont is all about character driven story. You just have too look at all the stuff he has been involved with. Something tells me the network want zombies and gore and he wasn't happy with people interfering with his baby.

The problem with zombie action every week is that eventually you have to start killing people. Otherwise the feeling of danger is reduced.

The problem with killing lots of characters is that you have to introduce alot of red shirts to accomplish this. And then people don't care when the red shirts die because we know nothing about them.

People may lament the slow pace of the show but atleast we know a little more about each character now. Ya know....like their names. :p

My fear is that people don't know what they want......and that the third season will bore people more with generic zombie chasing that means nothing.

That may indeed be his style, but he hasn't pulled it off. Its very hard to like any of the characters at this point apart from Earl and Otis who is already dead ;-). Could be down to acting, writing, direction or a mixture of all but its failed miserably, and for me the only turn left to take is the killing.

That may indeed be his style, but he hasn't pulled it off. Its very hard to like any of the characters at this point apart from Earl and Otis who is already dead ;-). Could be down to acting, writing, direction or a mixture of all but its failed miserably, and for me the only turn left to take is the killing.

theres no character called earl;)did you mean daryl?,ye daryls awesome:D nah i think the acting is very good, just its the script that can be a bit off at times. but how do you not like some of the characters ? so you like otis then you must like the farm girl maggie too then !no? and what about glenn the chinese guy hes very likeable how could you possibly hate him? then rick the main guy i dont see how you could really hate him? dale too hes a good character.and what about the old guy hershel, and patricia both good characters dont see how you could hate them. now i can understand how you dont like andrea,lori,carol,kids,tdog and a few others , but i still like them all but i can understand why people dont. but the show has some great characters i think people are being a bit harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think half of ye in this thread need to stop watching it, cos i've gone through the last 4 maybe 5 pages and ye've done nothing but moan about this , Just let it run and give it a chance people are so quick to say oh this is crap and this is rubbish

theres no character called earl;)did you mean daryl?,ye daryls awesome:D nah i think the acting is very good, just its the script that can be a bit off at times. but how do you not like some of the characters ? so you like otis then you must like the farm girl maggie too then !no? and what about glenn the chinese guy hes very likeable how could you possibly hate him? then rick the main guy i dont see how you could really hate him? dale too hes a good character.and what about the old guy hershel, and patricia both good characters dont see how you could hate them. now i can understand how you dont like andrea,lori,carol,kids,tdog and a few others , but i still like them all but i can understand why people dont. but the show has some great characters i think people are being a bit harsh!

Dont get me wrong I dont hate all the characters but I don't like them either. I think its the job of the writer to make you like the characters in some way. They could potentially be good characters but theres been nothing to make me like them, probably because of the way the story has gone. Theres two much cliche going on with the sheriff, too much bedside action. The old guy has about 10 lines an episode. The deputy is a good character, probably the best of them, dont like him much but he is at least interesting. The black dude and the asian dude at this point are just becoming a bit token, with token cliched lines and persona's.
    And yes I mean Daryl hahaha. I suppose I like him because he might just do something crazy or interesting. There is a lot of wishywashyness going on amongst the rest of the cast I think

Dont get me wrong I dont hate all the characters but I don't like them either. I think its the job of the writer to make you like the characters in some way. They could potentially be good characters but theres been nothing to make me like them, probably because of the way the story has gone. Theres two much cliche going on with the sheriff, too much bedside action. The old guy has about 10 lines an episode. The deputy is a good character, probably the best of them, dont like him much but he is at least interesting. The black dude and the asian dude at this point are just becoming a bit token, with token cliched lines and persona's.
    And yes I mean Daryl hahaha. I suppose I like him because he might just do something crazy or interesting. There is a lot of wishywashyness going on amongst the rest of the cast I think

ye i agree, the bedside scenes are getting ridiculously boring now, ye they do have poltential,like if they used the comic material the characters would be amazing, i agree on the wishywashiness, some characters like tdog and carol arent getting many lines but at the same time its looking like the show isnt going to kill them off soon and is making a small attempt to develop them. so thats a bit wishwashy all right kinda of inbetween being zombie food and developed characters which is a bit annoying, well id give it more time, characters will develop more,hopefully more action and tension,less kids being shot or lost,less poopoo boring convos:rolleyes:and hopefully the characters will begin to be more similar to their comic counterparts. i can assure you dale,glenn and andrea atleast will all turn into great,likeable interesting characters .andrea will transform from moany bitch into badass, glenn maggie relationship ,and dale further developed and more,shane and rick butting heads will get interesting,daryl willget even better,hopefully lori will get less anoying to be fair she has been lessa nnoying in last few episodes hopefully shell grow to become actually likeable in a few episodes,the 2 kids hopefully wont do anything else retarded or create anymore boring story arcs:p and hopefully carol and tdog and new greene family farm characters will all be developed further! the show and characters have potential and hopefully itll get even better in the next few episodes, i have high hopes for next episode:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ feck off with all the spoiler tags!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Thargor wrote: »
    Why dont any of them wear holsters? If you were in a zombie apocalypse wouldnt you want a gun at hand?

Noise attracts the zombies so, especially when they go into town or something, they don't want to use a gun to shoot one zombie and risk 100 coming out of nowhere to swarm them.

At least, that's always been my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Just let it run and give it a chance people are so quick to say oh this is crap and this is rubbish

Haven't people given it a decent chance? It's a quarter of the way through its second season after all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

For me it's just become a huge missed opportunity as a TV program - like so many before it, the writers have just rehashed the same old tired cliched stuff we've seen countless times before and thrown some zombies in.

I happen to be a huge fan of post-apocalyptic themed fiction, but it just seems that nearly every attempt to do it on TV just fails.

I'm still waiting for them to make something like The Death of Grass as a TV show, why can't they? We've seen morally ambiguous anti-heroes hold TV shows together before (Dexter/Game Thrones/Breaking Bad/Sopranos etc.) - why does a zombie TV show still have to be about goody-two-shoeses looking for a kid in the forest?

hilarious synopsis of the last episode of twd(episode 4)
    not that i agree with any of it but i see where hes coming from and it so so funny!:D
    http://m.videogum.com/pl/408171/the-walking-dead-s02e04-this-show-is-a-discrete-feminine-product-what/tv/recaps/
    enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hilarious synopsis of the last episode of twd(episode 4)
    not that i agree with any of it but i see where hes coming from and it so so funny!:D
    http://m.videogum.com/pl/408171/the-walking-dead-s02e04-this-show-is-a-discrete-feminine-product-what/tv/recaps/
    enjoy!

It's also true.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

The writers/producers have said before that the show wont follow exactly what happened in the comics so i dont know why people are saying what characters will arrive and what future plots will happen. Numerous characters from the comics at the farm aren't in the TV show. e.g
    Tyreese

Colmo52 wrote: »
    The writers/producers have said before that the show wont follow exactly what happened in the comics so i dont know why people are saying what characters will arrive and what future plots will happen. Numerous characters from the comics at the farm aren't in the TV show. e.g
    Tyreese

kirkman said in interview-
    tyrese and family and michonne would defo eventually make appearance:D http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-walking-dead-season-2-may-feature-tyrese-and-michonne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

kirkman said in interview-
    tyrese and family and michonne would defo eventually make appearance:D http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-walking-dead-season-2-may-feature-tyrese-and-michonne

Big difference between 'may' and' definitely'

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Big difference between 'may' and' definitely'

i suppose, but what possible reason on earth could they have to leave out the two most popular comic book characters by far??that would be a fatal mistake by the tv show, the cast could do with 2 such likeable badass characters!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Am getting very very bored with Walking Dead
    and this is from someone sat through 6 seasons of Lost

Advertisement