Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So I guess I was the only one that liked this episode? :)

I thought it was well paced and didn't think any of the scenes were dragging unlike last week when Rick and Lori actually debated whether their son would be better off dead. (I can't imagine any parents wishing that or even discussing it like it's a choice they should make - even in a zombified, post-apocalyptic world). It also set up a number of threads that should come to fruition over the next couple of episodes ( conflict between Rick's group and Herschel, the gun-training,
    the barn
    ). Also the double-meaning in most of Shane's dialogue was good with the group/Andrea thinking he meant one thing when he really meant something else.

Anyways I'm just waiting for Andrea to finally discover
    that she's a natural sharp-shooter and start becoming the badass from the comics rather than the whiner she currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So Where did they get the big fish zombie hooks they were planning on catching the goon with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    does anyone think daryl and andrea might start dating?seems to be some bonding between them definitely, or maybe shane and andrea though i think thats less likely. just a thought.
    do people think the dale/andrea ciuple things is going to happen like in the comics?

Heh, I think any couplings are going to be more like "ride and run" rather than moonlit walks under the stars or going to the flicks. Being honest I'm hoping they don't explore any more possible romantic entanglements because it will feel like forced development. There's a bit of that kind of tension between Shane and Andrea (IMO) but the writers will never go for that because he's supposed to be all moony over Lori.

And now, ZOMG! Adulterer Lori is now up the Damien with murderous Shane's spawn! And yeah, it should be Shane's, when I think of the timeline between finding the base outside Atlanta and arriving at Hershell's farm, it probably wouldn't be Rick's. Zzzzz.

Just find that girl already. They're dragging it out so much I have a horrible feeling they're going to make her Patient Zero due to immunity or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oh wow, Lori is pregnant, didn't see that coming................................all the way from season 1's finale.

They're taking the piss with the pace of this show, I took a step back and realised how little the show has progressed in 4 episodes. The missing girl craìc has gone on way too long and I'm sick of looking at her shaved-headed mother whimpering on every episode.

Is it just me or is religion a big theme on this show all of a sudden, each episode this season has multiple scenes of God talk in it. An average amount is expected, given the scenario but I think it's been a bit heavy with it since it came back on air.

I thought this was the weakest show so far with almost zero progression. This show just doesn't capture the doom and gloom of the comics, let alone a zombie apocalypse. Would help if they mentioned the other character's names once in a while since I barely have a clue who half of them are

Had a look at next week's trailer, looks exactly like outtakes from this week's episode with an incy bincy sprinkle of something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Thargor wrote: »
    So the black guys arm is just going to heal? What an utterly pointless bit of timewasting that was, sums up the whole series.
    I think it was to show that Daryl isn't racist, nor does he harbour any ill feelings towards him about what happened to Meryl (sp).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Is it just me or was one zombie down a well a bit of an attempt to include a zombie in the episode? This is a Zombie tv show without zombies all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the idea of lifting the jelly zombie out of the well was a ridiculous premise. how did they think it was going to end with a dead (but animated) body that had been soaking in water for days/weeks?

i also thought he looked like the acid death guy from robocop. :)

truly-great-ways-for-movie-villains-to-die--20110815044544706.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Staplor wrote: »
    Is it just me or was one zombie down a well a bit of an attempt to include a zombie in the episode? This is a Zombie tv show without zombies all of a sudden!
    Not the first time this has been mentioned here & in other threads, and I'm a little confused by the sentiment generally.

Are people really that miffed that one episode dared not to have any zombies in it? A threat loses its impact if it keeps getting wheeled out week after week just to satiate people's appetites for zombie carnage, so I can respect the creators reluctance to trot out another herd for the sake of it.

It would get boring very quickly if every week our heroes were fleeing from yet-another-swarm, and the threat of violence on the horizon is a far more effective dramatic device (imo) than actual violence. Gives characters time to develop a false sense of hope & security if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I think the well scene was to show Maggies disgust at killing the walker. Althought it is going very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ryoishin wrote: »
    I think the well scene was to show Maggies disgust at killing the walker. Althought it is going very slowly.
    to be fair, he only killed half of it.

and come to think of it, without any legs it hardly qualifies as a walker any more anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

el dude wrote: »
    Then they send down a piece of meat(food is that plentiful), expecting to accomplish what exactly? That he'd chomp down on it like a wild salmon and then they'd reel him up? .

They lowered down a rope aswell. The meat was to get him into position so they could slip the rope around his neck. This was stupid for two reasons.

Firstly, the bloody size of him......his neck would have popped off with the weight.

Secondly, as has already been pointed out......the water is already infected. Hoisting him out accomplishes nothing except eat screen time. I don't mind the slow pace of the show but what I can't forgive is characters making stupid decisions. This was the worst so far and a complete waste of time.

On a side note......if you were in a zombie apocalypse and were riding a horse into town.....would you leave the horse tied up outside or take it into the store with you? It clearly fit. If a bunch of zombies attack, your only escape is being eaten.

Bleedin idiots.

This episode was terrible. There are so many reasons I'm going to have to resort to bullet points.
    • The Well. As has been said, this made no sense - was completely out of place and contrived. I watched this entire scene with a frown, it worries me that this made final cut, as it was weak in every sense.
    • Amy. Close this off - we stopped caring after episode 2.
    • Carl. Move on, if you need to space out time between episodes more please do so - sick of watching people standing around his bed.
    • Hershel v Rik. These scenes weren't bad, but too spread out - they spent an entire day walking around having the one conversation. Distractingly bad.
    • The Well. In case I didn't mention before - this was terrible.
    • T-Dogg. His injury has come to nothing. What was the point. I just... why! ?
    • Andrea. Her sudden embracing of the second ammendment (the right to bear arms) is getting old fast. Her character is becoming unlikeably when it's a terrifically written character arc in the comics.
    • Nothing happened. Literally, there was a hook up, Herchel told Rik they couldn't stay then changed his mind. Lori found out she is knocked up (to everyone bar her surprise). Thats actually it.
    • I'm actually getting annoyed at myself because I know this is going to have to get a lot worse before I stop watching. But it's not near where it could and should be as a show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This episode was terrible. There are so many reasons I'm going to have to resort to bullet points.
    • The Well. As has been said, this made no sense - was completely out of place and contrived. I watched this entire scene with a frown, it worries me that this made final cut, as it was weak in every sense.
    • Amy. Close this off - we stopped caring after episode 2.
    • Carl. Move on, if you need to space out time between episodes more please do so - sick of watching people standing around his bed.
    • Hershel v Rik. These scenes weren't bad, but too spread out - they spent an entire day walking around having the one conversation. Distractingly bad.
    • The Well. In case I didn't mention before - this was terrible.
    • T-Dogg. His injury has come to nothing. What was the point. I just... why! ?
    • Andrea. Her sudden embracing of the second ammendment (the right to bear arms) is getting old fast. Her character is becoming unlikeably when it's a terrifically written character arc in the comics.
    • Nothing happened. Literally, there was a hook up, Herchel told Rik they couldn't stay then changed his mind. Lori found out she is knocked up (to everyone bar her surprise). Thats actually it.
    • I'm actually getting annoyed at myself because I know this is going to have to get a lot worse before I stop watching. But it's not near where it could and should be as a show.

cant disagree with any of the above. It was definitely the poorest episode of both seasons.

Pointless, nothing happened except Glenn getting the ride.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Robdude wrote: »
    As soon as they said 'We need to send someone down' I knew the rope would break or the anchor would fail...and sure enough - they use an old rusty pipe that isn't secure...and it breaks.

Every single episode these people do something that tells me they are too fuçking stupid to continue to live in the non-zombie world. I don't know why I'm supposed to care about a bunch of morons who don't deserve to still be alive.:confused:

I don't need to see zombies every single week. This episode seemed to me like a relatively cheap to make episode designed to shore away some of the budget for a spectacular episode further down the road and that's standard in most shows especially ones with heavy vfx usage. But the writers should be using the constraints of the cheaper episodes to up their game and produce something compelling. Think Breaking Bad's Fly for example. But on this show they don't seem able to do that. The characters aren't interesting, the dialogue is all naff, the attempts to go "deep" are dire. How many more supposedly meaningful, actually infuriatingly dull, conversations can be had about God?

Also a lot of the music on this show is woeful. The track they played for Glenn and the Herschel girl's sex scene was American day-time soap bad. I think this is my least favourite of all the shows I'm currently watching. I want to like it, I feel like I should but each week I'm rooting for the zombies.

The last ray of hope is that they are saving all their budget for the second half of the series.
    The best thing they could do is have the chick from prison break eaten, and then shot in the head. Her acting is like a ham sandwich. She is beyond painful to watch at this point.
    I'll give it one more episode and then Im done if it doesnt turn around.

At this point im wondering why they even bothered with season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Would I be correct in saying that this season is already over half way through (before a 2 month hiatus), and all that has happened is they walked off a highway and settled on a farm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Necron

Pretty much, very disappointed at the pace of it. The last series had a quicker pace than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Kirby wrote: »
    They lowered down a rope aswell. The meat was to get him into position so they could slip the rope around his neck. This was stupid for two reasons.

Bleedin idiots.

I considered that, and it's just as stupid, seeing as the space was so confined, there was nowhere to position him into.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

The best thing they could do is have the chick from prison break eaten, and then shot in the head. Her acting is like a ham sandwich. She is beyond painful to watch at this point.

i couldnt stop laughing when i read that:p but to be fair to her shes been less annoying in the last couple episodes, last episodes of s1 and first 2 of this season she was sooo annoying! i dont mind her now ,shes less annoying:)

saw trailer for episode 5
    merles
    going to be in it, should spice things up a bit!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

saw trailer for episode 5
    merles
    going to be in it, should spice things up a bit!:D
    SPOILERS please

SPOILERS please

how is that a spoiler ? everyone knows who merle is obviously its not like hes a new character, and its just a trailer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some people don't watch trailers as to enjoy a surprise that bit more. I think you should spoiler that bit out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Of course its a spoiler. I don't watch trailers. :(

pixelburp wrote: »
    Some people don't watch trailers as to enjoy a surprise that bit more. I think you should spoiler that bit out :)
    there, it doesnt let you spoiler tag in editing , but i made it clear enough anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

there, it doesnt let you spoiler tag in editing , but i made it clear enough anyway:)

Of course it does. I've just done it.

Pro tip: adding ******* SPOILER ALERT ******* does not work in any forum, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

That episode was the worst of this series so far, the well bit was beyond idiotic, the only way I could make any sense for this scene being used was to get Glenn looking more of a man for Maggie and that story line only had me questioning their sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

does anyone think tdog=tyrese seeing as tdog has recovered, is being developed more and is becoming more badass, like calling himself a whimp at the highway and then killing that zombie by the well.just a thought,but i hope not he doesnt look like a tyrese and i want julie and chris too!

does anyone think daryl and andrea might start dating?seems to be some bonding between them definitely, or maybe shane and andrea though i think thats less likely. just a thought.
    do people think the dale/andrea ciuple things is going to happen like in the comics?

This will be a fun reply all to do with spoilers
    I hope to god they don't turn tdog into Tyrese, he has little or no connection to Rick. But they're well past the point where they would've met him, unless it'll be enroute from Hershel's farm to the prison. Also, I thinki they'll pussy out on the Dale/Andrea relationship, they seem to be pushing her on Shane in the last episode.

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    This will be a fun reply all to do with spoilers
    I hope to god they don't turn tdog into Tyrese, he has little or no connection to Rick. But they're well past the point where they would've met him, unless it'll be enroute from Hershel's farm to the prison. Also, I thinki they'll pussy out on the Dale/Andrea relationship, they seem to be pushing her on Shane in the last episode.

all comic spoilers
    ye god id hate if tdog was tyrese:mad: i want tyrese,julie,chris,michonne and i want donna ,allen and twins too!hopefully on the way to the prison theyll meet those 8 characters all travelling together as a group but that obviously not going to happen:rolleyes: though i doubt donna,allen ben and billy will ever make it to the tv show, i have high hopes for michonne and tyrese and family though. ye im kind of thinking they wont do the andre/dale couple thing anymore:( andrea seems to just hate him too much really for a relationship to ever re establish sadly. who knows maybe andre /shane would be a good new arc who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

all comic spoilers
    ye god id hate if tdog was tyrese:mad: i want tyrese,julie,chris,michonne and i want donna ,allen and twins too!hopefully on the way to the prison theyll meet those 8 characters all travelling together as a group but that obviously not going to happen:rolleyes: though i doubt donna,allen ben and billy will ever make it to the tv show, i have high hopes for michonne and tyrese and family though. ye im kind of thinking they wont do the andre/dale couple thing anymore:( andrea seems to just hate him too much really for a relationship to ever re establish sadly. who knows maybe andre /shane would be a good new arc who knows!
    If there's no Tyrese then I hope somebody else gets locked in the b-ball court with only a hammer. Yeah, isn't looking good for the twins and that. I'd say throwing more kids into the mix wouldn't do the writers any favours, even in the comics they're ignored when it's handy. I hope Dale has a relationship with somebody(looks like t dog at the moment) he'll need it. Well, if they decide to go that route with him. I need to catch up on the two latest issues, might look for it in town rather than ordering them

Advertisement