Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Is there any minimum term contract associated with the ufirst accounts? I.e., could I sign up for a couple of months and then roll it back to a standard (no-fees) current account without incurring any penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Is there any minimum term contract associated with the ufirst accounts? I.e., could I sign up for a couple of months and then roll it back to a standard (no-fees) current account without incurring any penalty?

Dont think there is a minimum term. You just lose your benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

ripcord wrote: »
    Has anyone claimed on the phone insurance without proof of purchase?

A friend got a free iphone 4 from vodafone by mistake after they messed up his order for an iphone 4s. He gave me the spare iphone 4 - but he wouldn't have official proof of purchase (even if he did - it wouldn't be in my name).

Would it be enough that the phone is registered with apple under my name? I could also register it under my vodafone account if that helps.

Thanks.

my dad tried to claim for an iphone 4 last month.
    he thinks he left it on the roof of the car in a petrol station.. not clever but a genuine mistake..
    he was told to sod off by the ufirst insurance.. he did not 'take due care of his phone'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

trev44 wrote: »
    my dad tried to claim for an iphone 4 last month.
    he thinks he left it on the roof of the car in a petrol station.. not clever but a genuine mistake..
    he was told to sod off by the ufirst insurance.. he did not 'take due care of his phone'

And if you left the keys in your car and you walked off and it was stolen - you would think it right for the insurance company to pay out on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

ripcord wrote: »
    I told her I don't have proof of purchase. She said it's ok and to register my phone anyway. If I need to claim, they will check with my mobile operator to validate that I have been using the phone.

This is certainly not true. I've just finished my claim, and went brought substantial issues getting O2 to confirm they blocked the IMEI. The insurance company wouldn't call them directly, I had to have O2 send an email/letter directly to company (which took 7 calls to achieve). There's no way ths would magically work for what you propose.

For those interested, the insurance company were otherwise great. Got a cheque in the post for the full cost of buying the phone again new (less the €40 excess I had to pay). The main difficulty was definitely because O2 didn't understand the concept of someone having phone insurance that wasn't issued by o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

snappieT wrote: »
    This is certainly not true. I've just finished my claim, and went brought substantial issues getting O2 to confirm they blocked the IMEI. The insurance company wouldn't call them directly, I had to have O2 send an email/letter directly to company (which took 7 calls to achieve). There's no way ths would magically work for what you propose.

For those interested, the insurance company were otherwise great. Got a cheque in the post for the full cost of buying the phone again new (less the €40 excess I had to pay). The main difficulty was definitely because O2 didn't understand the concept of someone having phone insurance that wasn't issued by o2.

Thanks for telling us how you got on, very helpful!

I was wondering does the cheque they send cover the original price or the price you paid? Say you upgraded and paid €199 for the phone but new without an upgrade its €600 - will they pay the €600?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone else waiting a long time for their Ticketmaster 25% refunds? I bought about 4 sets of tickets back a few weeks ago when they were having all the problems. I got my refund for one purchase, but none of the other 3.
    Anyone else still waiting?
    I'll give them another week to sort it before I call them

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Are the tix for four separate events? I think you are limited to 4 tix per event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I've often waited 6-8 weeks for a refund.

Yep-they're for 4 separate events
    Good to hear someone else is waiting as long. I wont get on to them yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bought an electric picnic ticket through my ufirst account yesterday and it's still not showing in the pending cash back section, is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Bought an electric picnic ticket through my ufirst account yesterday and it's still not showing in the pending cash back section, is that normal?

It can take up to 5 days for it to track in your account

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Wizard

CFC007 wrote: »
    griffdaddy wrote: »

It can take up to 5 days for it to track in your account

I bought tickets for a gig last month and got the money back into my account within 2 weeks, happy out

Cash back is usually received within 2 weeks. But I had a few purchases in June/July (when all the RBC/Ulster technical problems were happening)
    I didnt get the cash back for any of them.
    So called them yesterday, and the purchases from that few weeks didnt show on their system at all. So I gave full details of each purchase. They are arranging my cash back now.
    Might be worth checking for anyone that bought tickets in June/July, make sure you got the cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Cash back is usually received within 2 weeks. But I had a few purchases in June/July (when all the RBC/Ulster technical problems were happening)
    I didnt get the cash back for any of them.
    So called them yesterday, and the purchases from that few weeks didnt show on their system at all. So I gave full details of each purchase. They are arranging my cash back now.
    Might be worth checking for anyone that bought tickets in June/July, make sure you got the cash back.

Is it possible to buy tickets for a friend?!!

In T & C's it says I must attend, how would they enforce that.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

TonyB466 wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy tickets for a friend?!!

In T & C's it says I must attend, how would they enforce that.

Cheers
    Unless they ask for ID on the door with the ticket, they won't know. It's very unlikely you'd ever be asked for ID with a ticket and not allowed in if the names didn't match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

9uofbc.png
    In 6 months. And my employer pays the ufirst charges. I win!

[perhaps I'm giving Ticketmaster just a little too much money though...]

218533.png

After one purchase of 4 x Electric Picnic Tickets

My cash back for ticketmaster hasn't been automatically refunded since June. I have to call them to sort it.
    Anyone else affected by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Nope Always in within 14days of purchasing, been a great service for me. follow them up on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Does the cash back also apply to shows? E.G. Lion King etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OU812 wrote: »
    Does the cash back also apply to shows? E.G. Lion King etc?

Once the tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster, they are eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My cash back for ticketmaster hasn't been automatically refunded since June. I have to call them to sort it.
    Anyone else affected by this?

It's happened to me before. It can be a bit of a pain in the ass because depending on who you get through to, they try and just tell you to wait.

Considering you bought them in June though, you shouldn't have that problem.

I had tickets before that I didn't get the cashback for, but after a bit of pestering for a few days, the cash back was refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

dublin daz wrote: »
    Thanks for telling us how you got on, very helpful!

I was wondering does the cheque they send cover the original price or the price you paid? Say you upgraded and paid €199 for the phone but new without an upgrade its €600 - will they pay the €600?

Cheers!
    Anyone know the answer to this? I've been mulling over upgrading mainly for the phone insurance. I'm on a pretty high contract though so I get phones at a heavily discounted rate. Not much point if I only get €99 for a phone that's going to cost €400 odd to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

Anyone know the answer to this? I've been mulling over upgrading mainly for the phone insurance. I'm on a pretty high contract though so I get phones at a heavily discounted rate. Not much point if I only get €99 for a phone that's going to cost €400 odd to replace.

You are covered for the cost of replacement not the (subsidised) price you paid

FROM UFIRST SITE: Mobile phone insurance
    Covers loss, theft, accidental damage, breakdown and unauthorised use wherever you are in the world. You can cover one mobile phone for each account holder – two phones for joint accounts – up to €1,250 for each phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Correct - I had bought my iPhone 4S sim-free in the US, gave them a US receipt showing the dollar cost I paid, and I got a cheque for €610 - more than enough to replace it sim-free here in Ireland again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Correct - I had bought my iPhone 4S sim-free in the US, gave them a US receipt showing the dollar cost I paid, and I got a cheque for €610 - more than enough to replace it sim-free here in Ireland again!

So what does this gold account cost exactly? I recently lost my phone and want to insure my new one and the travel insurance sounds good. How much would it be paying for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Has anyone got a list of the restaurants where ye get a discount?

So what does this gold account cost exactly? I recently lost my phone and want to insure my new one and the travel insurance sounds good. How much would it be paying for this?
    Ten euro or fourteen euro a month depending on whether you go for basic or gold. I'm going for gold because the insurance is global whereas on the basic it's european only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ten euro or fourteen euro a month depending on whether you go for basic or gold. I'm going for gold because the insurance is global whereas on the basic it's european only.
    Cheers,im just wondering aswell,is this a new bank account or do they just upgrade your regular one.im with ulster for yearsand get paid into this account and if its anew account number need to inform work.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Cheers,im just wondering aswell,is this a new bank account or do they just upgrade your regular one.im with ulster for yearsand get paid into this account and if its anew account number need to inform work.

Cheers
    Nope, upgrade to your current account. You keep your acc no and sort code, all your DDs anything like that are unaffected.

Advertisement