Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Totally agree, anyone who hits bulls shouldn't be in the ambulance service.

Ah jesus lads i like the odd games of darts myself, dose that rule me out for the ambulance service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

You be amazed at what gets written in some of the mini essays!! I remember hearing of a lad who put down that he had done CPR on a mate of his but when asked how did he carry out CPR he hadn't a clue :) most of the stories are true but seriously jazzed up in some cases a bit too much, but to be fair it can be a little daunting to fill in the application form and think of situations where you did or showed x y or z.

Another tip is to have a few examples of the above ready. They like to throw in "So can you tell me another situation where you showed your skill in? " it throws a lot of people off and causes people to panic ( which shows them how you react under pressure )

Again good luck and I wish ye all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

You be amazed at what gets written in some of the mini essays!! I remember hearing of a lad who put down that he had done CPR on a mate of his but when asked how did he carry out CPR he hadn't a clue :) most of the stories are true but seriously jazzed up in some cases a bit too much, but to be fair it can be a little daunting to fill in the application form and think of situations where you did or showed x y or z.

Another tip is to have a few examples of the above ready. They like to throw in "So can you tell me another situation where you showed your skill in? " it throws a lot of people off and causes people to panic ( which shows them how you react under pressure )

Again good luck and I wish ye all the best.

Solid advice there. Know it inside out and have at least one other example ready for when they ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Well that's that. Pack sent off by email. Hopefully I'll get a call for interview now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PMC_

Same as. Fingers crossed now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

The very best of luck to everybody taking part in the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Delighted got through to interview, good luck guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Same here! Good luck.

The same here, better polish the shoes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

Yea got through also final hurdle now best of luck everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Got interview date today, thank god. Good luck to one and all. Anyone know how many positions are going to be filled ?

Hey lads I sent off my pack but haven't heard anything about interview. I've everything sent off. Just wondering if anyone has NOT received a interview letter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

adam88 wrote: »
    Hey lads I sent off my pack but haven't heard anything about interview. I've everything sent off. Just wondering if anyone has NOT received a interview letter

Adam, if you haven't received anything, I'd give them a call if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry EMT

Hi all, Im new on here. Got my call for interview yesterday. Good look to everyone.

Kerry EMT wrote: »
    Hi all, Im new on here. Got my call for interview yesterday. Good look to everyone.

Well done mate, good luck on the day and welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

The very best of luck to all folks, give them every reason to hire you, pretty much a 1 in 4 chance of getting the job and for those who were/are unlucky this time around then take what experience you can from this campaign and hit it again next time around! :D

DOBBER112 wrote: »
    The very best of luck to all folks, give them every reason to hire you, pretty much a 1 in 4 chance of getting the job and for those who were/are unlucky this time around then take what experience you can from this campaign and hit it again next time around! :D

Where did you get the 1 in 4 from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Id imagine its based on the theory that theres approx 50 vacancies being filled immediately and theres 200 going for interview. I think its slightly better than 1 in 4 because iv heard from a reliable source that 200 didnt achieve the minimum grade after aptitude tests and the screening process might have taken a few more out.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Does anybody know if their is a quicker route to become a paramedic/ EMT as I am a qualified nurse? Think I chose the wrong career!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Does anybody know if their is a quicker route to become a paramedic/ EMT as I am a qualified nurse? Think I chose the wrong career!!

Two different qualifications. What area would you like to work, Emergency or PTS?
    All the questions have been answered here, just do a quick search and you'll find all the answers.
    If you're looking to get into the Ambulance Service then there is no quick route, you apply when the competition is advertised and providing you meet the criteria, you will be called for aptitude test, if successful then it's an interview, if successful it's medical and Garda clearance etc.
    All the criteria is listed here, I only posted it again a few days ago so apologies if my answer appears short.

The best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Emergency definitely! Thanks:)

Id imagine its based on the theory that theres approx 50 vacancies being filled immediately and theres 200 going for interview. I think its slightly better than 1 in 4 because iv heard from a reliable source that 200 didnt achieve the minimum grade after aptitude tests and the screening process might have taken a few more out.

It's just so head wrecking all the theories that are out there I only heard last night that the money is being diverted to finish other areas and that this is only a paper pushing exercise then some people say there's going to be only two per ambulance area i.e. Cavan mayo etc.

I've just started to pay no heed to all these theories and just belt away at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

It's just so head wrecking all the theories that are out there I only heard last night that the money is being diverted to finish other areas and that this is only a paper pushing exercise then some people say there's going to be only two per ambulance area i.e. Cavan mayo etc.

I've just started to pay no heed to all these theories and just belt away at it.

The rumor mill just keeps on turning so keep that attitude, just plough on and what will be will be :)

The rumor mill just keeps on turning so keep that attitude, just plough on and what will be will be :)

ON A BETTER NOTE A FRIEND OF MINE WAS IN WILKER THE LAST DAY AND SAW THE NEW PTS BUSES. There like the current ambulances only bigger.

ON A BETTER NOTE A FRIEND OF MINE WAS IN WILKER THE LAST DAY AND SAW THE NEW PTS BUSES. There like the current ambulances only bigger.

Pictures of the new PTS vehicles on Facebook on the Waterford ambulance service page.

medic780 wrote: »
    Pictures of the new PTS vehicles on Facebook on the Waterford ambulance service page.

Man, that's a big bus. Great photo's btw.

sci-ops wrote: »
    medic780 wrote: »

Man, that's a big bus. Great photo's btw.

Any chance of a link. I can't seem to find it

Providing Medic780 does not have a problem with this....

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Ambulance-Service/333329810019582?sk=wall&filter=12

If it's an issue let me know and I'll remove link.

sci-ops wrote: »
    Providing Medic780 does not have a problem with this....

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Ambulance-Service/333329810019582?sk=wall&filter=12

If it's an issue let me know and I'll remove link.

God there some size of yokes. It be fun tryin to get in to some nursing homes with those lol

• Advertisement

Hopefully get a closer look soon! :-)

It looks fairly bare inside anybody know if its going to have any other gear apart from BLS equipment??

Are we all set for the big day?? :-)

Advertisement