Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,743 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post - Do Not Discuss/Reply/Acknowledge

Hi folks,

Please remember this part of the charter when posting about interviews:

# You may not describe or request, in any way, details of any role plays, video clips, examinations, questionnaires, spoken word or physical task that may be used in the recruitment process of any employer. Helping someone prepare for an interview is fine, but telling someone what the questions are before the exam is cheating.

That includes sending or asking for PMs. It's possible for these to be viewed if necessary.

I've had to delete a post here describing an interview, and you have to remember that companies can and do go legal to protect their in-house bespoke methods of recruitment.

No commenting on this post please. Let's just get it back on topic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Well lads any day now.

Hi lads, just a quick one. Does anyone know does our aptitude results have any bearing on our final panel placing????

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

I dont think so adam88. The aptitude test is to test everyone applying for the position and then pick the best 200. Then the essays and interviews will rank you again. So the person that got 200 in the aptitude test might end up getting number 1 after the interview etc. Then it goes from there! Open for correction on this though!

Medic475 wrote: »
    I dont think so adam88. The aptitude test is to test everyone applying for the position and then pick the best 200. Then the essays and interviews will rank you again. So the person that got 200 in the aptitude test might end up getting number 1 after the interview etc. Then it goes from there! Open for correction on this though!

Was just wondering as I placed high enough on the aptitude and it would be a shame if that wasn't taken into account. Wonder why did they give us our ranking numbers or was it just am information thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

They were considering taking us for interview based on merit and service need as stated in the information pack.

But when I rang manorhamilton to book my interview the lady said that the aptitude test order of merit had no affect on the final outcome of the interview.

It's like waiting for Santa Claus to arrive, I just hope I don't get a bag of coal!! :-)

They were considering taking us for interview based on merit and service need as stated in the information pack.

But when I rang manorhamilton to book my interview the lady said that the aptitude test order of merit had no affect on the final outcome of the interview.

It's like waiting for Santa Claus to arrive, I just hope I don't get a bag of coal!! :-)

That's a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Its in the lap of the gods now guys. The very best of luck to everybody awaiting results this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

You would be called for interview based on order of merit in the aptitude test (i.e first 200 in order of merit are called). However, your mark in the aptitude test has no bearing on your panel place after interview (if panelled) - the only purpose of the aptitude test is to give the HSE a means to decide how to call people for interview.

Best of luck to ye all with the interview results anyway!

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

• Advertisement

adam88 wrote: »

Just waiting for that magical text message! :-)

It don't even bother me what place I've came. I just want that text. This waiting is killing me

It don't even bother me what place I've came. I just want that text. This waiting is killing me

I know me too! I could do with some positive pressure ventilation! :-D

I know me too! I could do with some positive pressure ventilation! :-D

I sent them an email this morning but have heard nothing back

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but it looks as if the suspense is to continue until the end of the week!!

I was talking to Manorhamillton just there! :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭BabyWipes

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but it looks as if the suspense is to continue until the end of the week!!

I was talking to Manorhamillton just there! :-o

I was told Friday when I went for my interview for results

Lads the results won't be out untill this friday! Thats what they told us at the Interview!

Lads the results won't be out untill this friday! Thats what they told us at the Interview!

I was on the phone there to manorHamilton and the girl there said there stuffin the envelopes as they speak. Going out in this evenings post should be with us tomorrow

I was on the phone there to manorHamilton and the girl there said there stuffin the envelopes as they speak. Going out in this evenings post should be with us tomorrow

A text today then?

BabyWipes wrote: »

A text today then?

That's what I was told

• Advertisement

A text today then?

That's what I was told

Nice one, thanks!

Oh ok so its a letter being sent out, so won't get any email about it then? Coolio! Looking forward to tomorrow then! :)

Oh ok so its a letter being sent out, so won't get any email about it then? Coolio! Looking forward to tomorrow then! :)

Ya that's what I was told that your marking sheet is being sent out as well. But that you should get a text when they've been sent asking you to keep an eye on your post.
    I'm only the messenger

Post just arrived, no letter from Manorhamilton.

Post just arrived, no letter from Manoramilton.

It.s a disaster. Don't know why they say they'll be sending stuff out when they don't. I suppose they'll be spending most of their time on the new paramedic panel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Will those offered jobs be put straight onto the new buses? Or will they require some time at one of the Ambulance schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

I belive there will be a couple of weeks training. There going to want people working to NAS standards and procedurers. These standards may be higher than those in the vol's.

Just rang manorHamilton there. Despite what they said yesterday. They haven't been instructed to release results yet.

Just rang manorHamilton there. Despite what they said yesterday. They haven't been instructed to release results yet.

That can't be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

That can't be good

Why? they said by friday at the interview. Their obviously very busy at the moment with processing our results and the next para class. Everyone should just relax, nothing you can do is going to speed things up.

Advertisement