Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Hooch wrote: »
    About 900 or so.

as of this morning the number of PHECC registered EMT's in Ireland, 1251.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

yeah thats sounds about right,,,, now out of those 1251 how many have a full C1 licence, also a lot of them would be in full time employment with very good terms and conditions so there hardly going to apply.i know in my own vol theres only 4 out of 9 of us that have the c1 and out of that 4 only two would be applying due to either family situations or secondly there already in successful employment. i'd say the hse would be lucky if 500 people applied for the positions,

I suddendly feel a lot more optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Sat the tests today. They were the same papers that were used lasy year for the trainee paramedics. Hope i did better than last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NIFRS

how many were at your test session? when will you find out?
    I have not applied this time as I dont have my EMT yet.
    I'm hoping next time they may offer emt training!!??

Good Luck to everyone who applied!!

38 people in my session. But there where more in another room at the same time as mine.

• Advertisement

Those succesful in the tests will be notified by email/text on the 6th Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Apparently there was three sessions on friday, heard approx 380 applied. Five or six didnt show in the room i was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NIFRS

380 isn't that many! Good luck to all!

Hi Guys, I was talking to a friends of mine yesterday, he sat the exam on friday afternoon and said three or four got turned around because they did not have the licence, I can't believe people still attempted to do this despite the requirements you to have a full c1

on another note I heard that instead of having four days of exams, they have decided to have two days due to the fall in numbers applying, can anyone confirm this

Well as far as i know friday 16th and today were the only exam days, of course it might not be true but it does tie in with what your saying. People will always chance their arm, they have nothing to lose, i lost count of how many i seen refused entry at the last para tests!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Results out today folks, best of luck to everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Best of luck to all guys!! That's one more out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Anybody know how many successful candidates there were out of the campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

medic780 wrote: »

If memory serves me right I was told that the first 200 are through for interview so you have to score under 200 to be considered. (open to correction!!)

200 taken for interview. Delighted to be over the first hurdle!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Hooch wrote: »
    medic780 wrote: »

If memory serves me right I was told that the first 200 are through for interview so you have to score under 200 to be considered. (open to correction!!)

Cheers. I presumed that it was 200 but ya know what they say about presumption :). Glad I made it passed the first hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

I placed fairly high , in the 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

I read in the information booklet that there will be a shortlisting conducted based on the information supplied by applicants on the application form, so I would imagine the numbers will be cut even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭BabyWipes

I placed fairly high , in the 20's

Me too! Totally didn't expect it. Just got a email saying the interview packs have been posted!

Anyone know how many positions there hoping to fill etc. Not much info on the booklet. Just wondering if anyone had the inside scoop lol

• Advertisement

adam88 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many positions there hoping to fill etc. Not much info on the booklet. Just wondering if anyone had the inside scoop lol

I've heard numbers ranging from 40-70 for staff that will be taken on in the coming months. Guess it's just a matter of wait and see. The hse are commited to taking on approx 400 ico's in the coming years though.

Email packs out today. Things are moving swiftly on. There must be a major push coming from somewhere

Email packs out today. Things are moving swiftly on. There must be a major push coming from somewhere

Posts will be filled from the 7 Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

BabyWipes wrote: »

got my pack today, are you saying the job start date is on feb 7th?

kwall04 wrote: »

No that's when the first batch of job offers will be sent out!!!!

I can't see start dates till early march. You need payroll uniforms induction health and safety driving etc etc to have their boxes ticked first

kwall04 wrote: »

No, it when the offers will start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Speaking to a mate of mine in the ambulance service today and he's under the impression that a lot of the older paramedics are looking keenly at these PTS positions so it might dilute the amount of positions actually available. The plus side to that though should mean more recruitment for trainee paramedics.

Best of luck in the interviews, know the structure of the ambulance service inside out and your job description etc. plus if you had to give a few mini essays in the interview forms know these word for word because they will analyse them and try to find out if your bull hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

plus if you had to give a few mini essays in the interview forms know these word for word because they will analyse them and try to find out if your bull hitting.

Totally agree, anyone who hits bulls shouldn't be in the ambulance service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

cheers for that

Advertisement