Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

anybody got any news on the PTS/ICV's/operatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

emtally wrote: »
    anybody got any news on the PTS/ICV's/operatives?

With major inroads lately with regard to the Control & Command as well as AP deployment, I'd say the ICV service should be in the pipeline soon. But like all recruitment, very little is said until it is advertised.

Have you registered for the email updates with public jobs and/or careers in health?

(Note to mods, please remove the names of the above websites if it's in breach of forum rules. Thanks.)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No charter breaches there, but thanks for the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭supermedic

Publicjobs.ie ..... Monday or Tuesday of this coming week.... NAS ICV positions will be advertised.

Some 47 positions are to be made available, with new staff to be in position by early in the New Year.

This will be the first batch of up to 420 odd positions in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

supermedic wrote: »
    Publicjobs.ie ..... Monday or Tuesday of this coming week.... NAS ICV positions will be advertised.

Some 47 positions are to be made available, with new staff to be in position by early in the New Year.

This will be the first batch of up to 420 odd positions in the next few years.

thanks supermedic and bang bang...look forward to that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Anyone know what the criteria will be that applicants will need to meet? EMT, C1, D1?. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭supermedic

Must have full unendorsed C1 by closing date of competition ,D1 not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭flazio

NAS ICV, = National Ambulance Service Intensive Care Vehicles?
    Forgive me but is that what the initials stand for?
    What type of vehicles would these be?
    Would you need a PHECC qualification for application? If so which minimum?
    Also, got a Provisional C licence in August, do I have to wait the 6 months before getting a test as restriction 991 is on my licence?

It stands for interim care vehicle. Its for phecc reg EMT's. Dont think you have to wait 6 months, i didnt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

From rsa.ie:

"Note: if you are granted a learner permit for vehicles in category A, A1, M, W, B or EB and have not held a learner permit in the five-year period prior to the granting of a permit in any of these categories you cannot sit a driving test within six months of your permit coming into force, although you may apply for a test within this period. The code 991 will be printed on your license opposite the vehicle category in the column headed ‘restrictions/information.' "

C and D categories (including C1 and D1) are exempt from the 6 month rule.

ICV are Intermediate Care Vehicles, which will be crewed by PHECC Registered EMTs.

• Advertisement

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/star/goToJobDetails.do?id=2186
    Must already be a registered EMT,
    must have your C1 by 5/12/11 with progress on a D1.
    :( Maybe next time, or maybe the paramedic role may come available in the mean time.
    Best of luck to all who apply.

computer mess up double post

Intermediate Care Operative - HSE NAS

HSE NAS have advertised today for Intermediate Care Operatives - Nationwide.

Closing date is 5th Dec 2011.

Apply online here - http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/star/goToJobDetails.do?id=2186

Best of luck to all those who apply!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

was thinking of applying for it but decided against it. best of luck to all who apply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Have my D1 but no C1 :(

My own fault in fairness, but damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Elessar wrote: »
    Have my D1 but no C1 :(

My own fault in fairness, but damnit.

I thought you of all people would have had it!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hooch wrote: »
    I thought you of all people would have had it!!!!!!:eek:

I know! Failed the C twice which took me back a bit, then got a job working insane shift patterns in the airport and it just fell by the wayside. Excuses I know but that's life!

They'll need a new paramedic panel soon so I'll definitely be getting it done!

Elessar wrote: »
    I know! Failed the C twice which took me back a bit, then got a job working insane shift patterns in the airport and it just fell by the wayside. Excuses I know but that's life!

They'll need a new paramedic panel soon so I'll definitely be getting it done!

Don't leave the dream slip away because of a poxy license.......;):)

These jobs will come around again, everyone will need d1 within first year anyway so you'll be set up nicely for the next recruitment!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Lads & lassies, do any of yee out there have any idea how many phecc registered emt's are out their at present:confused:

• Advertisement

Louth EMT wrote: »
    Lads & lassies, do any of yee out there have any idea how many phecc registered emt's are out their at present:confused:

About 900 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Hi Guys, I've applied for this along with a friend of mine who missed out on the last para panel because of the lack of our licences so we're delighted that this came along. Thers going to be some tough competition out there for this, but theres a lot going for us all, Firstly you need a PHECC EMT Licence and A C1 Licence, then you would want to do this work, Remember a lot of the EMTs out there already have successful careers/family commiments etc and only did their EMT just for the sake of their voluntary organ. I genuinely can't imagine too many people applying for this position so we should all have a good chance.

Anyone have any idea how many positions will be given etc???

adam88 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I've applied for this along with a friend of mine who missed out on the last para panel because of the lack of our licences so we're delighted that this came along. Thers going to be some tough competition out there for this, but theres a lot going for us all, Firstly you need a PHECC EMT Licence and A C1 Licence, then you would want to do this work, Remember a lot of the EMTs out there already have successful careers/family commiments etc and only did their EMT just for the sake of their voluntary organ. I genuinely can't imagine too many people applying for this position so we should all have a good chance.

A previous poster said 47 being taken on in the new year and approx 400 over next few years.
    Theres 200 being taken for interview following apptitude tests and obviously nowhere near 900 will apply so yeah everyone should be in with a good shout of at least getting an interview.

adam88 wrote: »

A previous poster said 47 being taken on in the new year and approx 400 over next few years.
    Theres 200 being taken for interview following apptitude tests and obviously nowhere near 900 will apply so yeah everyone should be in with a good shout of at least getting an interview.

I heard there were going to be 60 alone in the south

Dose anyone know how many emt's are employed by the private ambulance sector. Surly if they apply they would have a head start in getting in over the rest of us?

Louth EMT wrote: »
    Dose anyone know how many emt's are employed by the private ambulance sector. Surly if they apply they would have a head start in getting in over the rest of us?

Not necessarily. Many EMTs applied for the Paramedic Trainee panel and didn't get offered a place...yet many people who applied had no pre-hospital experience at all and were offered a place.

It's not based on your prior pre-hospital experience at all, it's based on your performance at interview, and how well they feel you are suited to the job i.e. attitude, life-experience, commitment etc.

It's also dependent on getting passed the aptitude tests. Previous experience counts for nothing if you dont make the cut.

Thanks coolmoose and preditor for reply's i feel more confident now that i have as much a chance of getting in as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Aptitude test dates out today so now the "fun" begins, the best of luck to everybody taking part:)

• Advertisement

Hey guys. Just did the prep course there for the entrance exam and tbh it's fair hard I've never done one before and am not lookin forward to it. I suppose I'll just have to take it on the chin. I'd be well disgusted if I don't get it

Advertisement