Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

My favourite:

microwavemath-550x276.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Whenever anyone mentions Yahoo Answers I always think of this:

how_is_babby_formed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

War is a better album than The Joshua Tree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I would love if Kings of Leon did what Radiohead did with Creep by taking Sex On Fire off their setlists.

I so can't stand that piece of crap song anymore, most people who listen to it only go for that one song anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I hate the music from Grease and West Side Story

I think Susan Boyle is over rated

I dont really like U2's music so much

I only like Katie Melua because she's hot - I think her music is weird and bland and "same-y"

I think a lot of people pretend to like Leonard Cohen's music because they think its cool and dark and different

I like Neil Diamond! lol :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

He's kinda hip these days since working with Rick Rubin.
    OldNotWIse wrote: »

I like Neil Diamond! lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think a lot of people pretend to like Leonard Cohen's music because they think its cool and dark and different

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

karaokeman wrote: »
    I so can't stand that piece of crap song anymore, most people who listen to it only go for that one song anyway.

LULZ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

karaokeman wrote: »
    I would love if Kings of Leon did what Radiohead did with Creep by taking Sex On Fire off their setlists.

They didn't...

rcaz wrote: »

They had it off for ages though.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    They had it off for ages though.

Exactly my point, thanks flyswatter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I think my secret favorite artist that i like is probably elton john! I am slightly embarrassed to admit that i like his music but i honestly think he has a good number of great songs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

windingo wrote: »
    I think my secret favorite artist that i like is probably elton john! I am slightly embarrassed to admit that i like his music but i honestly think he has a good number of great songs!

Some of Elton's early stuff is pretty awesome, feel no shame!!

Kold wrote: »
    What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I got the essential Cohen and found it very unimpressive.

cloptrop wrote: »
    I got the essential Cohen and found it very unimpressive.
    Was it his earlier stuff? I find his later work better.

Who ever said its cool to like his music?

I can understand the dark part, different? Not sure about the latter, Joni Mitchell, Nick Cave, Tom Waits and Chris Seeds spring to mind when I think of artists similar however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Do people not just like things that they think are cool and dark and different?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

I can't stand Iron Maiden!

vider12 wrote: »
    I can't stand Iron Maiden!

I don't like the real extreme death metal bands, Iron Maiden are the kind of Metal band I can enjoy though, good melodic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

flyswatter wrote: »
    I don't like the real extreme death metal bands, Iron Maiden are the kind of Metal band I can enjoy though, good melodic stuff.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I really, really don't like Oasis, AC/DC or Red Hot Chili Peppers. All their songs sound the same and are boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Don't like most of Bob Dylan's stuff. Other than Idioteque I don't like Radiohead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Have to say I don't really like Radiohead myself or Blur for that matter.

Cygnus wrote: »
    Don't like most of Bob Dylan's stuff. Other than Idioteque I don't like Radiohead.

Buy an album for example another side of bob dylan, listen to it a few times. Once you can understand what hes saying you dont hear wheezing anymore , I did the same about 15 years ago , Id take a bullet for the man now.

Dylan is one of those artists I've never really bothered with, the stuff I've heard never really appealed to me that much.

Cygnus wrote: »

Its obvious you only like music you can shake your ass to. The radiohead song you mentioned is probably the only dancy tune I ever heard them do . Thats probbably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 deadmanshand08

I absolutely love yngwie malmsteen .. His 1st album is one of the best instrumental albums ever imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Rock music is pretty much dead.

Oasis were kinda shyte.

Most indie music lacks passion.

Singer-songwriters make dull, dreary, self indulgent ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Rock music is pretty much dead.

Oasis were kinda shyte.

Most indie music lacks passion.

Singer-songwriters make dull, dreary, self indulgent ****.
    People have been saying rock music is dead for the last 30 years or so, it's nothing new.

(What's The Story) Morning Glory was my first ever album, but Oasis were kind of shite in retrospect. Their first two albums had some good moments but there were far batter bands around in the mid-90's than Oasis.

If you think indie music lacks passion you are clearly listening to the wrong kind of indie music. The likes of Fugazi, Dinosaur Jr., Pixies and Archers Of Loaf made some of the most passionate music I've ever heard. And I listen to everything from extreme metal to indiepop to techno.

One thing that does bothers me about singer-songwriters is that some people seem to think that their music is deeper and more 'real' than any other type of music. It's no more deeper than some death metal band.

Advertisement