Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Rolling Stones are musically overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

walshb wrote: »

how so? which Stones era is overrated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

walshb wrote: »

Gimme shelter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't like the "where do we go now?" part of Sweet Child 'o' Mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I think at that part Axl was genuinely asking what the fup he should write next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

karaokeman wrote: »
    I don't like the "where do we go now?" part of Sweet Child 'o' Mine.

Im sure you dont like this part because you cant sing it, there is a story to why they recorded this I just cant remember it ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I really dislike the band These New Puritans, their last album got critical acclaim across the board, can't see why, I think they're very overrated and can't find much to value in their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

cloptrop wrote: »
    Im sure you dont like this part because you cant sing it

What makes you assume that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

flyswatter wrote: »
    I really dislike the band These New Puritans, their last album got critical acclaim across the board, can't see why, I think they're very overrated and can't find much to value in their music.
    I know some people who creamed over their last album Hidden. I gave it a couple of listens and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I know the band are trying to do something different and I respect them for that, but their music just seems so devoid of life and feeling. At least there's plenty of other good British bands to listen to instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I think The Crunge by Led Zeppelin is an awful song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

rcaz wrote: »
    What makes you assume that?

Presumably because he's really into karaoke. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Im not convinced that Pet Sounds is as good as everybody says it is

Likewise, Astral Weeks makes my ears bleed......

marwelie wrote: »
    Im not convinced that Pet Sounds is as good as everybody says it is

Try listening to it a couple of times.

I had this problem with a lot of albums when I started listening to new bands.

Some take time, OK Computer by Radiohead I hated at first, but now I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

Coldplay's Myloxyloto is boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

People listen to some tedious music just so they can come across as music connoisseurs. A lot of bands that are held in high regard really do make some boring music(despite their talent)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

EdenHazard wrote: »
    People listen to some tedious music just so they can come across as music connoisseurs. A lot of bands that are held in high regard really do make some boring music(despite their talent)

Says yourself with "100% Belieber" as your sig :pac:.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Says yourself with "100% Belieber" as your sig :pac:.

Don't invoke their wrath...

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Tell me what qualifies as tedious music in your view.

When some people really, REALLY, love music and love discovering new music all the time, they are eventually going to start digging deeper and deeper into music to satisfy their addiction. Eventually they are going to be listening to a lot of music that some people find boring and tedious. Some might do it just to be cool but most are just searching for the most mind-blowing music they could ever hear.

The real music fans in my view are the ones that aren't afraid to step outside their comfort zone in order to find music they really love.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

lordgoat wrote: »
    Don't invoke their wrath...

I better put my Twitter account on private or I'll have a whole army of them descend on my page and ruin it.

+1 on Zero's post.

I would add that for the fans starting to walk out of their comfort zone, there are a couple of good ways to go out looking for more music.

Yahoo answers is great for that, sometimes its good for searching for a question like "suggest some non-mainstream music", or for those with specific tastes, adding "like X band/artist" you will get a question where the posters answering recommend non-mainstream acts that make similar music. Then the next place to check is youtube for a taste of the suggested music.

If the fan likes some of the non-mainstream music they may like to purchase it on amazon. Amazon also makes recommendations "customers who bought X also purchased Y" so thats another option opened for branching out. These things are especially great as far as underground muic is concerned. I really like Irish folk music and through Frances Black I discovered Julie Gold who wrote a few of my favourite FB songs, so I went on amazon for Julie's music and next time I came on, it gave me recommendations for other artists who were purchased by buyers also liking Julie.

So these things work like magic, and I'd recommend them for fans looking for new music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

I better put my Twitter account on private or I'll have a whole army of them descend on my page and ruin it.

hahaha, I thought exactly the same, they're too busy keeping the kid as a Twitter TT worldwide to come here get some culture from the board

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I would never have contemplated using Yahoo answers as a way to discover new music but k.

Kold wrote: »
    I would never have contemplated using Yahoo answers as a way to discover new music but k.

You get trollers there just like anywhere else, but there are always some good posts hidden between the mass junk.

A sample of an artist I wouldn't have found without YA.

I would never have thought of using Yahoo Answers to find new music. Rate Your Music and Last.fm already overwhelm me with tons of great recommendations that YA would be completely out of the picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

"Perfect Day" by Lou Reed is the worst song ever made, in my opinion. I'll add that the best possible performance of Perfect Day is a eighty-seven billion times worse than any X-Factor audition blooper version of any other already terrible song.

If my torture was to endure a twenty-four hours constant loop of a song of my choosing between either Perfect Day or Friday by Rebecca Black, the duration of my hesitation before I chose the latter would be so brief that no device on earth would be able to detect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

This is still my favourite question on Yahoo Answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Jedward are actually quite good....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

If my torture was to endure a twenty-four hours constant loop of a song of my choosing between either Perfect Day or Friday by Rebecca Black, the duration of my hesitation before I chose the latter would be so brief that no device on earth would be able to detect it.

Meh. They're pretty similar. Both presumably about heroin.

Either way, both are far better than the entire back catalogues of The Beautiful South, Good Charlotte, Hard-Fi and M People.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Out Of Time is R.E.M.'s worst album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Mindkiller wrote: »
    This is still my favourite question on Yahoo Answers.

12836_312835240102_756565102_9771230_1196518_n.jpg

Advertisement