Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Stoner wrote: »
    Yeah it's poor form but with Dublin and Mayo there are just too many season ticket holders. But forcing the rubbish seats on us is unfair.

I must have behaved, I'm back in 304!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Conroy gone for the rest of the season or one game or two depending how u look at it. Does freeman get a look now or even sweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Lads, a sell out Game in Croke park against Dublin is going to be some craic. any seat inside the stadium is a good one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Conroy is a loss for you lads I think he's under rated. Has Sweeney had a look in this year ? He'd be nippy playing off AOS but I'd imagine he'd have had a run by now if the management liked him, and would you play him and Andy Moran together, might be a bit light with both of them.
    I'd say Freeman has a better chance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

section 406 for us. Happy out as we were in 302.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Sell-out? Ah balls. Suppose I'll have to wander over to Croker on the day and hope to find a ticket. My own fault for faffing about and not getting tickets when I had the chance. Feck it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Sell-out? Ah balls. Suppose I'll have to wander over to Croker on the day and hope to find a ticket. My own fault for faffing about and not getting tickets when I had the chance. Feck it anyway

The clubs may still have tickets. I would be very surprised if you couldn't get in on the day, bound to be some knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

The clubs may still have tickets. I would be very surprised if you couldn't get in on the day, bound to be some knocking around.

Yeah true. There were plenty floating about before the Monaghan Tyrone game. If I head down before the minor game I should be sorted. I'd prefer to have the assurance of a ticket right now, but sher lookit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Personally I could not give a tuppenny damn about what happens in hurling and even less on Galway hurling.

As long as Mayo ein the football I don't care if the hurling cup is going to Mars.

As Galway man I would love a Double, sure we can add Connacht Rugby winning the Challenge Cup aswell sure while we're dreaming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Stoner wrote: »
    Conroy is a loss for you lads I think he's under rated. Has Sweeney had a look in this year ? He'd be nippy playing off AOS but I'd imagine he'd have had a run by now if the management liked him, and would you play him and Andy Moran together, might be a bit light with both of them.
    I'd say Freeman has a better chance.
    Freeman will likely be the first option off the bench as it will be hard for the smaller lads to get open against that Dublin defence. Freeman brings height and size into it. If AOS ties up ROC, Freeman and Cillian are that bit freer in the match ups. Kirby is maybe the one who might come in now that Conroy is out. Try and secure a lot of ball kicked in long or high with options other than AOS. Play the game on your own terms by dragging cover away from the centre and getting other target men on the ball. Put runners through off those other lads then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

In's in. Got to remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

A county man of yours is having quite a few sparring matches with the locals on another forum...

http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/user/11647/recent

Keane cleared to play after appeal

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

naughto wrote: »
    Keane cleared to play after appeal

wow, on what grounds I wonder. Even as a Mayo fan I find that hard to believe, the CCC are a strange animal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

yop wrote: »
    wow, on what grounds I wonder. Even as a Mayo fan I find that hard to believe, the CCC are a strange animal

That it merited a yellow rather than a red, I believe. Strange decision!!

Avns1s wrote: »
    That it merited a yellow rather than a red, I believe. Strange decision!!

Strange indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the gaa rules are a mess

Dident think he would get off myself put it's good that we have back up on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Keane to bomb forward from full back and score the winning goal in injury time as we trail by two points. It's a perfect storm.

Some Dubs fans going mad! :D

• Advertisement

I didn't think he'd get off tbh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Interesting thing I found here in the rules
    https://www.gaa.ie/about-the-gaa/rules-and-regulations/

1. Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand, knee or head.
    2. Kicking or attempting to kick with minimal force or with force or causing injury.

Notice that the with minimal force is not part of the Striking rule like it is with the Kicking rule

So Keane probably got off on the fact that not all strikes are the same, force plays a part in it, unlike the kicking rule.

It was a slap on the cheek rater than a fist in the face.

As for Keane and the game itself, it's good to have the extra cover at the back if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

They probably argued the severity of provocation and the fairly minor response. If you watch a replay of it Murphy has a hołd of his collar with closed fist and Murphy makes a further shove/strike into centre of Keanes chin.
    As he has the shirt collar in that hand you overlook what was also a strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

McCann getting off was inevitable, but Keane getting off is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Some Dubs fans going mad! :D

G'wan then....name and shame....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wow I'm surprised he got off.It was a harsh sending off but correct according to the letter of the law.I'd love to know on the basis of what technicality he got off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

As above.

On what grounds was this overturned? I appreciate I am in the Mayo thread and I am not intending to be incendiary but that's a really poor decision imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Honestly didn't think he would but if you don't ask, you don't get :p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

can not believe that!
    THIS IS OUR YEAR :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

ColeTrain wrote: »
    if you don't ask, you don't get :p

FFS. :D That has tickled me that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement