Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rockluck

Just wondering when the GAA email you with details/confirmation of your all ireland ticket for season ticket holders do they tell you then what seat/section you are in or do you wait until the tickets are posted out to you before you know? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

any truth to the rumour that the mayo county board have returned 1500 hill tickets for 1000 stand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Barlett

I hope not, that would be a serious mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

irishgeo wrote: »
    any truth to the rumour that the mayo county board have returned 1500 hill tickets for 1000 stand ones.
    davin stand upper , i heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Very close relation got really stitched up with these cairdre muigheo all ireland tickets.Got 2 tickets in very poor vantage points,not even side by side with his mate.It appears that some of these supporters have been treated very poorly,you might as well head up to Croke Park and pay the touts the 200 euro annual charge and at least you'll have the 80 euro in your pocket that one forks out for the ticket.Can't reconcile anybody labelling these individuals ungrateful for making legitimate complaints re the apparently shabby treatment they have received after in some cases forking out 400 euro,next year's fee included.
    Just got notification re my ticket via the season ticket scheme,happy days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Didn't Kerry do something similar in 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Has been confirmed to me that this did not happen. #seaofgreenandred

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Has been confirmed to me that this did not happen. #seaofgreenandred

good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

From what i understand Cairde holders for this year got a lower cusack and if they bought for next year, they recevied an upper Cusack. Thats what i was told anyway by someone close to the Co Board. Does that sound correct?

• Advertisement

I would seriously doubt that. Where did you hear it? Seems ridiculpous

I would seriously doubt that. Where did you hear it? Seems ridiculpous

rumour floating around the county board get less tickets than last year. i guess it grew legs from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

rumour floating around the county board get less tickets than last year.

Can understand where that came from. Dublin have over 200 clubs and over 2500 season ticket holders.

rumour floating around the county board get less tickets than last year. i guess it grew legs from that.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18473:ticket-allocation-for-mayo-clubs-virtually-identical-to-2012&catid=14&Itemid=100008

Heard second hand from a co board official that it was 150 down on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

County scheme members, like the Cairde folks in Mayo, getting riddden rock solid on final day is niothing new

It was always the case down here in Kerry with people who were in 'the scheme', you got great tickets for everything excepot the final.

I think in reality it is a case that for the final you have such a wide distribution of tickets that it's impossible for counties to get enough of the '306' or '331' type seats for their scheme members.

how on earth did happen with the minors in the final as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cairde Mhaigheo ticket holder telling me his tickets last year and all this year in croker were 304, the final, 311. Looks like we are going to be shafted out of the good seats like happened in the semi final last year

County scheme members, like the Cairde folks in Mayo, getting riddden rock solid on final day is niothing new

It was always the case down here in Kerry with people who were in 'the scheme', you got great tickets for everything excepot the final.

I think in reality it is a case that for the final you have such a wide distribution of tickets that it's impossible for counties to get enough of the '306' or '331' type seats for their scheme members.

Makes sense if that's the reason

they shoulent run the sceme if they cant deliver on what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

naughto wrote: »
    The Scheme says 'a Ticket' not necessarily one between the 45's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Agreed, BUT, why was it a case that for 1 game ONLY last year that myself and my 2 fellow season ticket holders were pushed 2 sections to the right. Yet for the final, where there is massive interest, I was back in the same section again.

Also noted that the banks are now keeping hold of their tickets this year... ;)

When the tickets are returned to croker from the other 30 counties, do you think they will be split 50/50?

Why? Were holders were promised particular seats?:confused: genuine question btw

Why? Were holders were promised particular seats?:confused: genuine question btw

No.

yop wrote: »
    No.

Ok so they delivered on the scheme then? people are getting what they paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ok so they delivered on the scheme then? people are getting what they paid for?

Are you just trying to be contrary? It very much seems so.

His point was clear from square one.

Syferus wrote: »
    Are you just trying to be contrary? It very much seems so.

His point was clear from square one.

Sorry, no, not at all. I was referring to a previous post that said
    . I realise that wsan't Yop, apologiies

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

yop wrote: »
    Agreed, BUT, why was it a case that for 1 game ONLY last year that myself and my 2 fellow season ticket holders were pushed 2 sections to the right. Yet for the final, where there is massive interest, I was back in the same section again.

Also noted that the banks are now keeping hold of their tickets this year... ;)

When the tickets are returned to croker from the other 30 counties, do you think they will be split 50/50?

But I think season ticket holders get a better deal than 'scheme' members

The folks down here in Kerry have always got much better final tickets from their season tickets than what they used to get from the 'scheme'

But I think season ticket holders get a better deal than 'scheme' members

The folks down here in Kerry have always got much better final tickets from their season tickets than what they used to get from the 'scheme'

I didn't know that tbh. Its odd though that those scheme lads who had good tickets last year have not good tickets this year (note any ticket is good ticket! :D)

iam not part of any scheme but its a bit irish that you get moved for the final
    after having good seats for every other game.to have paid all that money to get shafted is not on.i no any thicket for the final is worth is weigh in gold but still it should not happen

• Advertisement

iam not part of any scheme but its a bit irish that you get moved for the final involving Dublin after having good seats for every other game including last years final.to have paid all that money to get shafted is not on.i no any thicket for the final is worth is weigh in gold but still it should not happen

I fixed that for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement