Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Joe McQuillan named as referee for all Ireland final. what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

lukesmom wrote: »
    Serious discipline needed.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Serious discipline needed.

He referees Dublin's challenge matches in training. He's in constant contact with the Dublin County board and has a personal affinity to the senior footballers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He referees Dublin's challenge matches in training. He's in constant contact with the Dublin County board and has a personal affinity to the senior footballers.

Your having a fkn laugh. This is farcical.

yop wrote: »

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,061 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I knew this would cause a s**t storm

Can't remember him being too bad in the semi last year, was he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I knew this would cause a s**t storm

Can't remember him being too bad in the semi last year, was he ?

I certainly dont anyway. I think if Mayo had a major problem with him and had communicated that to the relevant body, and i would be surprised if they had made such representations tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wondering what peoples opinion is on whither we'll be outnumbered by the Dublin fans, found it astonishing the degree to which the Donegal fans outnumbered us last year.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Wondering what peoples opinion is on whither we'll be outnumbered by the Dublin fans, found it astonishing the degree to which the Donegal fans outnumbered us last year.

We certainly will. Will be near impossible for Mayo fans to pick up tickets in Dublin now. Also i know of lads who thought they had got good sources in other counties but now they all are going to use their tickets as they think it could be a classic.. We'll be outnumbered 2/1 i'd say, hope im wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Oh no, the story behind the curse is now going out on national tv:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=200695

Seems unmissable :pac:

Oh no, the story behind the curse is now going out on national tv:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=200695

Seems unmissable :pac:

They'll do well to get a half hour programme out of this ****e :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Half tempted not to go now

He reffed a Dublin training game

Ah well there's next year sure

Oh hang on did we not you know beat Dublin with him reffing last year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

and has a personal affinity to the senior footballers.

He had a personal affinity to Mayos time wasting tactics in last years semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

He had a personal affinity to Mayos time wasting tactics in last years semi final.

Certainly didn't have a problem giving Dublin all the extra time in the world (nearly 7 minutes) to get back into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Blackjack wrote: »
    Certainly didn't have a problem giving Dublin all the extra time in the world (nearly 7 minutes) to get back into it.

Could of given seven weeks for all the mayo fellas lying on the ground. And still at it in injury time.

It's a good sign I suppose you're trying to make excuses in advance.

Could of given seven weeks for all the mayo fellas lying on the ground. And still at it in injury time.

No need to make excuses. This is MAYO'S year to bring Sam home..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Well he reffed the last all ireland we won..u21s v cork in 2006.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

eastmayo wrote: »

Fuk that, we love him so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

eastmayo wrote: »

Another one to add to that omen list done a few pages back? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I dont mind Joe McQuillan, there are certaintly worse refs, and he reffed our game v Donegal this year remember..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I think the only one making excuses for last years game is yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Mayo should boycott the game! They haven't a hope, this guy is not from Cavan, he is from Dublin, he singlehandedly won the 2011 AI Final for Dublin and will hand them the 2013 final. His appointment to the final is a testament to the deep levels of bias and unfairness which exist within the GAA and he has been sent in there to do a hatchet job of Mayo and ensure that Dublin wins at all costs.

Watch the 2011 AI final and see the way he totally wronged Kerry and did everything he could to push Dublin over the line. He tried hard to rob Mayo in the 2012 semi-final and will do everything to benefit Dublin on the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

His family were in the stands at the 2011 AI final wearing Dublin Jersey's, Mayo will have to play against 16 men and it is a disgrace that this sort of skullduggerry is happening by the GAA and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Two years later and Stinicker is still clinging and harping on with this tiresome bullshít. Kerry blew it that day, GET OVER IT!!!!!

I suppose the repeat job last Sunday re-opened old wounds, hence your ridiculous Jim Corr-esque crap above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If he does have affiliations towards Dublin, which I doubt, it'll make it all the sweeter for Mayo if ye win.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    If he does have affiliations towards Dublin, which I doubt, it'll make it all the sweeter for Mayo if ye win.

It will only make it more interesting. I can't say I remember too much of him during either the semi last year or the Donegal match this season.
    If we lose and its "down to the ref", then thats no excuse.

He will be under even more pressure now the poor chap.

It could have been worse, one of the Duffy sisters could have got it, i see one of them is making the tea on the sideline for AI day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

yop wrote: »

Bull. See my post in the AI Final thread about this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86481324&postcount=159

sgarvan wrote: »
    Bull. See my post in the AI Final thread about this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86481324&postcount=159

Ok, your saying he doesn't, plenty on hoganstand have it, its on here, its on the facebook pages, so maybe they are right?

Are you Joe McQuillan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

So plenty of people replicate what one person posted somewhere. So that makes it 100% correct.

It is far from the truth. I have posted who referees Dublin games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement