Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone have an empty Vita box they don't want? Would be extremely grateful and more than happy to pay postage for it!

Son getting a 2nd hand Vita from Santa, in an ideal world it would be nice to be boxed, just thought I would try here. Understand if people don't want to give up their packaging though, I am a woeful hoarder of boxes and packaging stuff.

Edit: jaffusmax has played a blinder and said he might have one, so think I'm sorted. Thanks.

think i have mine too if it doesn't work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

sweetie wrote: »
    think i have mine too if it doesn't work out
    nocoverart wrote: »
    If he can't, pm me for mine. I was going to throw mine out.

Thanks a lot for the offers lads, it's much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I definitely have one too just in case. Would prefer to give it to a kid for xmas than hoard it I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RedXIV wrote: »
    I definitely have one too just in case. Would prefer to give it to a kid for xmas than hoard it I think :D

Well can't thank you all enough. Sounds a bit much for a box I know, but genuinely chuffed, think I am getting more sentimental in my old age!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well can't thank you all enough. Sounds a bit much for a box I know, but genuinely chuffed, think I am getting more sentimental in my old age!

Did the guys include the AR (Augmented Reality) cards? cos if you need them and the manuals etc, PM me your address and I'll post them out to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Sony’s loved president of Worldwide Studios and Sony Computer Entertainment, Shuhei Yoshida has revealed via Twitter to a customer that we can expect to see Remote Play (via the Playstation Vita) working for Battlefield 4 on day of the Playstation 4 launch. Now whilst it’s not a solid confirmation, it does look pretty likely that the feature will be in place.

http://www.geekgamerz.com/battlefield-4-remote-play/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Sony’s loved president of Worldwide Studios and Sony Computer Entertainment, Shuhei Yoshida has revealed via Twitter to a customer that we can expect to see Remote Play (via the Playstation Vita) working for Battlefield 4 on day of the Playstation 4 launch. Now whilst it’s not a solid confirmation, it does look pretty likely that the feature will be in place.

http://www.geekgamerz.com/battlefield-4-remote-play/

Be nice if BF4 just work on the day, the current gen and PC versions are not working so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Varik wrote: »
    Be nice if BF4 just work on the day, the current gen and PC versions are not working so well.

Ahhhhh Dude, Don't ne bumming me out its Monday! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

tok9 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how a digital game doesn't get released in a whole region? Is there significant licensing costs or something?

I'd understand if they were shipping etc but... they aren't.

I'd say licensing costs, certification, translation (If its in another language) might add up. If it doesn't look like it will be profitable for the company, they may choose to hold off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Killzone mercenary is well good. Significantly better than resistance or call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

While I'm waiting for my Vita to arrive can anyone recommend a decent hard case? Also do I need a screen protector? I'm not planning on throwing it around or anything but just wondering how prone the screen is to scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

zero19 wrote: »
    While I'm waiting for my Vita to arrive can anyone recommend a decent hard case? Also do I need a screen protector? I'm not planning on throwing it around or anything but just wondering how prone the screen is to scratches.

I got one on play.com for a tenner. Looks ok and does the job, its a hard black sip case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

New PSVita FW Update 3.00 is now live.

Info on the PS EU Blog Here.

PS4 is getting closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up Dungeon Hunter Alliance there yesterday on the cheap for the Vita like its no Diablo 3 but really enjoying the brain dead gameplay off it as its not the best game ever but i am enjoying it more then Little Kings Story thats for sure !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nice. That sounds like a decent update in general.

I'll be interested to see what way they have the friends list now and it's pretty cool you can join a party with PS4 players.

Also while I haven't used it.. being able to transfer data through wi-fi to your ps3 sounds like a good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony are relaunching PocketStation and it is coming to the Vita.

From today, Japanese PS Plus members will be able to download the PocketStation app for free, and Siliconera reports that it’ll come with the classic mini-games included in PSone titles Crash Bandicoot 3, Mega Man, Ape Escape and more, including Square’s Chocobo World.

Starring Sony’s Japanese mascot Toro the Cat, PSone title Dokodemo Issho will also be made available from December 3.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/pocketstation-revival-is-ps-vita-app-first-batch-of-titles-launch-in-japan-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

From PS4 Link app included in the recent update.

BYTMrEEIAAAS8iE.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is tearaway a budget title? Got the argos catalogue today(the smaller Christmas one) and its in that for like €26.
    Been playing The Walking Dead on the Vita, good port(about as perfect/imperfect as it is on consoles).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is tearaway a budget title? Got the argos catalogue today(the smaller Christmas one) and its in that for like €26.
    Been playing The Walking Dead on the Vita, good port(about as perfect/imperfect as it is on consoles).

Tearaway is going to be released for £20/€26. However, the campaign is meant to be the usual 6-8 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Well now that's gone up to a definite buy. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Otacon wrote: »
    Tearaway is going to be released for £20/€26. However, the campaign is meant to be the usual 6-8 hours.

Is it just me or is 6-8 hours not ok for a game you only pay €26 for?

If its an involving and interesting 6-8 hours I'd be all for it vs spending 10+ hours on something thats boring for half of it with filler. quality vs quantity?

€26 is about what 7/8 pints of beer in a pub for example.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to this one though I must admit. Should be interesting to see what the LBP team have come up with.
    I'm currently playing through LBP Vita and I was never really into the last ones but I think the touch controls have really added massively to this game.

Roll on 22nd November!

Great time for gaming at the moment. We're spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is it just me or is 6-8 hours not ok for a game you only pay €26 for?

If its an involving and interesting 6-8 hours I'd be all for it vs spending 10+ hours on something thats boring for half of it with filler. quality vs quantity?

I would prefer 6-8 hours of Mario 64 quality (which, according to Kotaku's Stephen Totillo, we are getting) than 100 hours of utter dross.

Otacon wrote: »
    I would prefer 6-8 hours of Mario 64 quality (which, according to Kotaku's Stephen Totillo, we are getting) than 100 hours of utter dross.

So we agree so.

Thats a big statement from Stephen Totillo though on Mario 64 quality. At its time that game was such a huge deal and imo its still holds up to this day as one of the best platformers out there so tearaway will have to be special to justfiy his statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

:eek:

Where is this pub?

penev10 wrote: »
    :eek:

Where is this pub?

pints of Guinness are 3.50euro in my local.

7 pints at 3.50 is less than 26euro.

If your drinkin pints of larger in templebar on a Saturday night im sure it'd be a slightly different calculation.
    luckily for me i don't drink in town and mostly drink the black stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

pints of Guinness are 3.50euro in my local.

7 pints at 3.50 is less than 26euro.

If your drinkin pints of larger in templebar on a Saturday night im sure it'd be a slightly different calculation.
    luckily for me i don't drink in town and mostly drink the black stuff.

What you're saving on pints is probably going on Domestos after drinking that muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Anyone know of any deals better than Gamestops bundle with a downloadable Killzone and 4gb card for €170?

Seems like quite good value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's a steal ^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

nocoverart wrote: »
    What you're saving on pints is probably going on Domestos after drinking that muck!

Real men drink Guinness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement