Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

kaji wrote: »
    I really want to buy FF 8 and FF 9 but am I foolish buying them at the current prices of €10 each? Are there regular sales or have they been available for free with PS+ recently?

Plus gave FFV free under the old system, no PS1 games have been in the instant games collection for the EU since.

They usually go on sale together but it's rare and I think it's only happened once or twice, when XIII-3 comes out they might but they still sell at €10 so there's no need for square to discount them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Grayditch wrote: »
    I went from thinking the controls in Gravity Rush were clunky at first, to nicely unique. The game does its own thing and by the end I loved it.

I think the controls being bad is massively exaggerated. They take a bit of getting used to and the combat can be slightly annoying at times but you get used to it after a mission or two.
    I found the whole experience quite addictive actually in the end so much so I'm finding it hard to let go. I want to delete it to free up some space on the memory card but don't because I kinda want to go back and play it even just to free roam or do a side mission or something. Roll on number 2. Day one purchase for me for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I was thinking about picking up a used copy of kill zone does anyone know if I'd have to buy an online pass as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Maybe her tits aren't huge but she is far from boyish looking. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705232331/gravityrush/images/c/c9/Kat1.png

Based on your description, I thought you were getting GR mixed up with Dragon's Crown!?

dragons-crown-sorceress-jerrica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

weiland79 wrote: »
    I was thinking about picking up a used copy of kill zone does anyone know if I'd have to buy an online pass as well?

Not that I'm aware of, and there's no mention of one on the PSN store. But don't quote me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

animaX wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of, and there's no mention of one on the PSN store. But don't quote me

No need for an online pass.

Anyone with PS Plus thinking of buying Guacamelee, don't bother. It's going to be free soon.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/24/guacamelee-joins-playstation-plus-instant-games-collection/

Doesn't seem to be up there yet, mind…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Do Sony pay the developers of games placed in the instant game collection?

Just thinking it would be counter productive for companies to make games and then potential customers hold out to get it for free on PS+
    I guess it does help build a fan base for certain games/developers if the PS + members are impressed with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Beekay wrote: »
    Do Sony pay the developers of games placed in the instant game collection?

Well for games that weren't published by them in the first place yes. How else would they get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The games are usually ones at the tail end of their sales curve and publishers are hoping to wring a bit of revenue out of the DLC.

That's the way I see it working anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone with PS Plus thinking of buying Guacamelee, don't bother. It's going to be free soon.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/24/guacamelee-joins-playstation-plus-instant-games-collection/

Doesn't seem to be up there yet, mind…

is it any good?

is it any good?

One of the best games available on Vita. A review I wrote on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi guys I'm gonna get a Vita soon, just wondering does anyone have or use the 3G? I literally can't find any info on how the 3G even works in Ireland, who carries it, how much it costs etc.., does it just need any old phone sim that can use 3G?

I'm thinking the feature seems kind of pointless but with the rollout of 4G maybe it's likely to come down in price in the future to a couple euro a month or something, which I would definitely go for.

Cheapest place seems to be Amazon too, although on this page the 3G/Wi-Fi model is cheaper than the Wi-Fi only model, so I'm confused :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Hi guys I'm gonna get a Vita soon, just wondering does anyone have or use the 3G? I literally can't find any info on how the 3G even works in Ireland, who carries it, how much it costs etc.., does it just need any old phone sim that can use 3G?

I'm thinking the feature seems kind of pointless but with the rollout of 4G maybe it's likely to come down in price in the future to a couple euro a month or something, which I would definitely go for.

Cheapest place seems to be Amazon too, although on this page the 3G/Wi-Fi model is cheaper than the Wi-Fi only model, so I'm confused :P

As far as I know, the 3G only allows you to sign into PSN and use the browser, you can't play online.

I wouldn't pay any extra for it, but if its cheaper or the same price, Id buy it, you nevrler know when you might want to use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You also need a Sim card with a data plan for the 3g version as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The 3G version here in the UK comes with a Vodafone SIM card. Think it's the same in Ireland. No credit on it but it gives you info on how to top it up, just not what the limitations etc are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Also it's worth noting that being a 3G device doesn't automatically make it compatible with 4G. I haven't heard anything to confirm whether the Vita would work with 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

OK, so Amazon UK and Gamestop online have no 32GB cards in stock.

Has anyone found these at a good price anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

R.F. wrote: »
    OK, so Amazon UK and Gamestop online have no 32GB cards in stock.

Has anyone found these at a good price anywhere else?

This is good news though! I would be worried for the Vita if they had masses of untouched stock lying around their stores and warehouses!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    This is good news though! I would be worried for the Vita if they had masses of untouched stock lying around their stores and warehouses!

Ok, thanks for that. Doesnt really help my search though ;).

I found one on Littlewoods.ie for about €80, which aint good at all.

• Advertisement

R.F. wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for that. Doesnt really help my search though ;).

I found one on Littlewoods.ie for about €80, which aint good at all.

That seems like a standard enough price. Tbf, I have a 16GB with games backed up on my harddrive (which tbf I don't really need to do - I can just redownload them) and that does me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Ive an order waiting for dispatch from Amazon.co.uk for the £39.99 price. Wondering if I will see it before christmas though. They are probably waiting for a new production run from Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whats the best vita deal around at the moment? With PS4 only weeks ago seems I'l be picking up a new vita. Is there that much difference between the OLED and the new slim model thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is there that much difference between the OLED and the new slim model thing?
    PS-Vita-LCD-vs-OLED-Screen-Comparison.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

In depth analysis of the slim here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-playstation-vita-pch-2000-review

General consensus is get the oled screen is probably too good to pass up on but the slim is a very solid build with an hour extra battery and of course 20% slimmer. No date for a release outside of Japan yet though.

Vodafone Ireland have nothing on their site about 3g Vita payment plans I can see, I have a feeling they abandoned it all together

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

In depth analysis of the slim here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-playstation-vita-pch-2000-review

General consensus is get the oled screen is probably too good to pass up on but the slim is a very solid build with an hour extra battery and of course 20% slimmer. No date for a release outside of Japan yet though.

Vodafone Ireland have nothing on their site about 3g Vita payment plans I can see, I have a feeling they abandoned it all together

If you have a Smartphone, you could create a Personal Hotspot on it and connect the Vita that way. Maybe get a bigger data plan if you use both regularly. That's how i do it on my Vita anyway!

A review I wrote for Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

The quick review is it's quite good actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't be arsed waiting sure. To adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

That seems like a standard enough price. Tbf, I have a 16GB with games backed up on my harddrive (which tbf I don't really need to do - I can just redownload them) and that does me fine.

Can you back them up on the PC and then delete them off your memory card? How do you do this? I also have a memory card on order from Amazon but it said that it's not gonna be dispatched til December :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

The Tunein radio app for PS3 and Vita has just launched. Free for PS Plus users. As if you anyone needed another reason Sony keep on giving more. Cheers big S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement