Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

TCG?

Trading Card Games (like Magic: The Gathering)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

TCG?

Testicle Clamp Games. Really popular in Japan. Don't see the appeal myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

So can I just click purchase (with my PS+ subscription) and then I'll have it until my subscription expires? Even if I don't have it all downloaded by the time the month is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

kaji wrote: »
    So can I just click purchase (with my PS+ subscription) and then I'll have it until my subscription expires? Even if I don't have it all downloaded by the time the month is up?
    Correct. Don't even have to start downloading it. Once you've hit purchase, it'll be in your account history if you renew your sub later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New Trapt/Kagero/Deception game announced for Vita:

If anyone doesn't know about these games basically you are stuck in a room with enemies and can only attack them by setting up traps. If you are able to chain traps into each other you do more damage to enemies. It's a tonne of fun so can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Started playing Gravity Rush a little while ago. I cant get into it at all. I think it's all a bit too clunky for my liking

Thomas was alone is pretty good actually but I find that the narrator's voice is a little on the low side. Constantly missing stuff he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Thomas was alone is pretty good actually but I find that the narrator's voice is a little on the low side. Constantly missing stuff he says.

I had a similar issue. The sound effects of jumping and moving often made the voice difficult to listen to. Do what I did: go to Settings and make sure VO volume is set to 100% and both Music and FX volumes are set to 50%-75%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any Batman reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    New Trapt/Kagero/Deception game announced for Vita:

If anyone doesn't know about these games basically you are stuck in a room with enemies and can only attack them by setting up traps. If you are able to chain traps into each other you do more damage to enemies. It's a tonne of fun so can't wait for this!

Looks great. Reminds me a bit of the Saw films in a way. I'm sure its a loter better than them though :D.
    Started playing Gravity Rush a little while ago. I cant get into it at all. I think it's all a bit too clunky for my liking

Gravity rush takes a bit of time to get used to I'll admit but you get drawn in after a few missions. I'm nearly finished it. Got caught up playing other games at the same time but thankfully keep coming back for more gravity rush. Seems to be a bit of a Marmite game though in fairness. I'm in the I love it end of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CombatCow wrote: »

I don't suppose anyone could say what it got or what the impression was in general by any chance. They're both blocked at work.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone could say what it got or what the impression was in general by any chance. They're both blocked at work.

Got a 7.4 from IGN and a 5 from Gamespot.

Haven't read the reviews... I'll be waiting for some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Agree, not a fan of Gravity Rush. Probably played it for 30mins to 1 hour and just found it boring. Also not a fan of the Japanese look, and the fact that the woman in the game has huge tits and arse, and tiny waist makes me feel a bit pervy for playing it. Not my kind of game at all.

It’s happening, everyone. I think there's finally a game you really do need a PlayStation Vita to play and a Vita game you’re really going to need to play—at least judging by the first couple of hours I’ve played of this stunning game.
    I’ve not played all of Tearaway. I've just played the first five acts, which may amount to a quarter or a third of the game. I’m smitten and also impressed that a game I'd seen before and not been blown away by could seem to be coming together so well. I haven’t been this pleasantly surprised by a fall game since I first got a take-home copy of Portal in late 2007. I don’t expect Tearaway game to be that good, but it’s certainly as pleasingly distinct. And while I’m not yet ready to say that Tearaway mandates a purchase of a $200 gaming handheld, I can say that the game is unimaginable on any other platform. It is going to be an important game to experience. So, figure out if you can get to a Vita at some point and make a plan to try this game.

http://kotaku.com/tearaway-is-the-be...ita-1451947021

I am ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Agree, not a fan of Gravity Rush. Probably played it for 30mins to 1 hour and just found it boring. Also not a fan of the Japanese look, and the fact that the woman in the game has huge tits and arse, and tiny waist makes me feel a bit pervy for playing it. Not my kind of game at all.

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

Also not a fan of the Japanese look, and the fact that the woman in the game has huge tits and arse, and tiny waist

Did we play the same game? Kat? The petite blonde with a rather boyish body?

Otacon wrote: »

Maybe her tits aren't huge but she is far from boyish looking. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705232331/gravityrush/images/c/c9/Kat1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Maybe her tits aren't huge but she is far from boyish looking. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705232331/gravityrush/images/c/c9/Kat1.png

You're right. It's like those pervy Japs used Jordan as the template. The dirty bastids…

You're right. It's like those pervy Japs used Jordan as the template. The dirty bastids…

well if they'd used Jordan, no one at all would play it haha

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »

She's no Rise*... but I still would :P

* - Yes.. I know what ages they are in the game. Don't judge me :(

Is there a Netflix app for the PS vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

kaji wrote: »
    Is there a Netflix app for the PS vita?

Only on the USA site.

Some have stated that they can get it on our machines by using a US acc, but I've tried and failed.

It would be far simpler if they just put the app on our PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just finished gravity rush. Now for something different, on to a downloaded ps1 platform classic in Mickey wild adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So I downloaded FFIX, but for some reason it won't let me use the thumbstick for movement? I have to use the d-pad. Is this an unfortunate feature of the Vita or am I missing some setting?

So I downloaded FFIX, but for some reason it won't let me use the thumbstick for movement? I have to use the d-pad. Is this an unfortunate feature of the Vita or am I missing some setting?

Hold down the PS button and an options menu will pop up where you can set controls.

I really want to buy FF 8 and FF 9 but am I foolish buying them at the current prices of €10 each? Are there regular sales or have they been available for free with PS+ recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You can wait, but they are worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

That's pretty sedate by the standards of some Japanese female characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I went from thinking the controls in Gravity Rush were clunky at first, to nicely unique. The game does its own thing and by the end I loved it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement