Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Just on the same chapter now, my first real stumbling block, are people playing on med difficu;lty or what? I still havent completed the arcade tower on med yet :( level 8 is my bst so far

I think I played it on easy :p

Still took me a few days! Loved every minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I think I played it on easy :p

Still took me a few days! Loved every minute though.
    It not too bad on medium, I'm currently stuck on round 10 fighting Shau Khan with his big Mallet.

Kombat codes from the Necropilis anyone know if the can be used in the Vita Version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Who are you using to fight Shau Khan? On the console version, I always found Noob to be easy to use, or Scorpion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

in the story mode you fight him with Raiden.

Who are you using to fight Shau Khan? On the console version, I always found Noob to be easy to use, or Scorpion.
    Lui Kang in this chapter - finally beat him though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think my vita is broken,battery was nearly gone so turned it off and plugged it in and a blue light started flashing,does this mean its broken :(?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hold the power button down and see if anything happens

Think my vita is broken,battery was nearly gone so turned it off and plugged it in and a blue light started flashing,does this mean its broken :(?
    "Blue blinking light of death" as it has overdramatically called. It happened to me in the first week, as helix said just hold down the power button for 30 seconds and reboot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That worked thanks guys :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Happend to me aswell , just left it to charge for 40 mins or so and the vita turned on. Best of all it booted back in to uncharted so I could continue playing from where I left off:D. I now know that when playing uncharted when i get the "battery low" warning I have 5 - 10 mins to get it to a charger:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Michael Pachter mentioned in an interview on gametrailers there's an a new title
    Michael Pachter, love him or loathe him, knows more about unannounced games than you or I do. Like it or not, he’s constantly talking to the business guys at all the major platform holders, the most connected journalists in the US and the retailers holding stock space and buying power for big games. He’s prone to the odd sweeping statement about our favourite hobby but he’s certainly well connected. So, when he says there’s something big and unannounced on the way, it’s worth expending a bit of excitement.

E3 is only a few short weeks away and with Microsoft focussing on services rather than games and Nintendo poised to explain exactly what we can expect from their new hardware, Sony are likely to be all about the games. We know they’ve got Vita to push hard, and God knows they need to push that thing hard. So what’s to be expected?

Well, Michael Pachter knows something we don’t, apparently. He’s been on Geoff Keighley’s latest Bonus Round show as part of a panel discussing what might happen at the huge entertainment expo and he said that he’s excited for “one big title on the Vita that hasn’t been announced yet”. It’s just one quick comment and Keighley didn’t push him on it, as you might expect but Pachter did respond to his joke about it being Agent by refuting that possibility.

So, we know there’s probably going to be at least one… we hope for – and expect much, much more for the Vita though, given its drowsy awakenings at retail and Sony’s need to hit a big second wave of releases. What might we see for the handheld platform?

Well, Sony has been incredibly strong with first party titles in the past couple of years and the Vita hasn’t had an inFamous or a God of War yet. It’s also still missing a serious racer so Gran Turismo might be worth hoping for. Perhaps we’ll see one of those. Perhaps it’s the dream GTA project many have hoped for or something else from a third party that would entice more of the hardcore to lay down their cash.

Whatever Pachter’s unannounced title is, it’s surely only the tip of the iceberg for Sony’s E3 presentation and everyone here is just starting to let themselves get a little excited for what might come out of Los Angeles in June.

Jesus it's been years since I've looked forward so much to E3!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Jesus it's been years since I've looked forward so much to E3!
    Same here i just hope to sweet jebus that we're not left disappointed.

On a side note, anyone know the cheapest retailer for mortal kombat on the vita in dub city center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nowt new from pachter there

anyone who was invited to view playstation's booth was given the same information about unannounced titles

there's a ps3 one too

and a move one

I was listening to IGN's playstation podcast and they said there will be 20 new 'entertainment' things at E3 for playstation. Sounds pretty sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was listening to IGN's playstation and they said there will be 20 new 'entertainment' things at E3 for playstation. Sounds pretty sweet :D

IGN have a talking playstation??? :D

na i read that that alright, im hoping 10 vita titles and 10 ps3 titles,(preferably not ports of each other)

I wouldn't put it past them for one of these 'new' things to be PSone compatibility with the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

To be honest Sony usually show off over 20 things at E3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My touch screen appears to no be responding so well.. In the middle of a fight scene in Uncharted and cant do any of the actions.. This happen to anyone else?

Has anyone managed to beat Shao Khan with Raiden yet,I am on my 200th attempt now,driving me crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has anyone managed to beat Shao Khan with Raiden yet,I am on my 200th attempt now,driving me crazy.

teleport, combo, teleport, combo, repeat.

Beat him on my first go doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Downloaded Velocity (mini) - just out today. First impressions really good, just need to get better at the controls!

If you like shmups it's worth a look.

My touch screen appears to no be responding so well.. In the middle of a fight scene in Uncharted and cant do any of the actions.. This happen to anyone else?
    I gave my screen a good clean at that point in uncharted on crushing which helped. Saying that though i have nt had trouble with the touch screen in any other games

Sly cooper 4 is coming to the vita :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sly cooper 4 is coming to the vita :D
    Save transferring and the like.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/18/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-snatches-a-spot-on-vita/
    Having made a lifelong profession out of pocketing items of high value, Sly Cooper should feel right at home on the PlayStation Vita. Sony and developer Sanzaru Games, which updated and packaged Sly's PS2 adventures in an HD trilogy collection, have announced that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will also launch on Vita, day-and-date with the PlayStation 3 version.

In addition to being portable and cross-save compatible with the PS3 version, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will offer a few augmentations specific to the Vita hardware. When Sly dons an archer's outfit, for instance, his arrows can be steered into their targets – and connect Sly to those areas via a rope bridge – by tilting the Vita. (Sixaxis? What's that?)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is due on both PS3 and Vita sometime in Fall 2012. When questioned, a Sanzaru representative told Joystiq that it had not yet been decided whether purchasing one version would grant you complimentary access to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I gave my screen a good clean at that point in uncharted on crushing which helped. Saying that though i have nt had trouble with the touch screen in any other games

Mine was freezing and going mad.. Took 5mins to get turned off due to random actions at the main screen of Vita.. Got it turned off and worked 100% .. Finished Uncharted after a day :( .. Next up is Resistance :D

Did anyone buy Pure Chess and is it any good for someone who has never played chess before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did anyone buy Pure Chess and is it any good for someone who has never played chess before.

It teaches you the basic rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mortal Kombat Tips and Tricks [ripped from PS Blog]

• Advertisement

gravity rush is out very very soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement