Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    of course not going to happen as Sony are making far to much with HD remakes and compilations.

And they would be making money off these PS2 games as well unless the Vita has a optical drive i couldn't find to allow actual disc to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is the inclusion of PS1 games that are on the PSP, a console some 8 years old now, really something to be excited about?
    I mean, most PSP owners with CFW have the choice of any PS games they could want, converting the stuff they already own over to it.
    Now you get to not only play PS1 games on the Vita, but also get to pay for them all over again?
    No thanks, I'll pass.
    Call me when they have PS2 emulation running on it, that'll be interesting, of course not going to happen as Sony are making far to much with HD remakes and compilations.

We are Vita owners not PSP owners, we don't lower ourselves to touch old handhelds with ugly non HD screens and played by people who are jealous of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Is the inclusion of PS1 games that are on the PSP, a console some 8 years old now, really something to be excited about?
    I mean, most PSP owners with CFW have the choice of any PS games they could want, converting the stuff they already own over to it.
    Now you get to not only play PS1 games on the Vita, but also get to pay for them all over again?
    No thanks, I'll pass.
    Call me when they have PS2 emulation running on it, that'll be interesting, of course not going to happen as Sony are making far to much with HD remakes and compilations.

As much as you're correct about the PSP CFW thing, I personally don't want to bring two consoles around, one for my PS1 backups, and one for my Vita games.

It's not make or break for me whether it comes in or not, but I am looking forward to finally putting my PSP to rest. I also don't really mind paying again, especially if its PS1 games that I've since lost the disc, or not gotten to play before (FF7 being the example, god i miss that game).

If they ever did PS2 emulation then that would be killer, but I think you've hit the nail on the head with how much they're making out of HD remakes.

We are Vita owners not PSP owners, we don't lower ourselves to touch old handhelds with ugly non HD screens and played by people who are jealous of us.

The Vita is not HD either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It looks lovely though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varik wrote: »
    The Vita is not HD either.

It's screen is OLED even better.

It's screen is OLED even better.

apples and oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    apples and oranges.

I prefer oranges :pac:

PSone is just one of many features I would like to see implemented.

The others include full PSP compatibility, added non-gaming apps like Netflix, iPlayer etc. and other things like the PS Suite, which should give us options in web browsers, media players and e-mail clients.

This is Sony :rolleyes: put in netflix and PSone support, and I'l be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Where is Netflix its odd that the USA have the Netflix app, we have Netflix launched in Ireland yet no Vita Netflix??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

We are Vita owners not PSP owners.

This is pretty much it for me. I don't have a PSP and I want some PSOne portability dammit! :pac:

Have they got PS1 support in Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Naw, not yet! I tried after seeing you initial post, but to no avail!

Come on Sony, get with it. If the PSP can do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

How is FIFA online on the Vita? If it is good I think I will be sold on the thing, seems unreal.

Also, what does the 3G add that the WiFi doesn't? Does that mean you can get on the 3G network where there is no WiFi, but would have to sign up for that or something?

Can it run flash videos i.e. pr0n?

How is FIFA online on the Vita? If it is good I think I will be sold on the thing, seems unreal.

Also, what does the 3G add that the WiFi doesn't? Does that mean you can get on the 3G network where there is no WiFi, but would have to sign up for that or something?

Fifa is good offline, bar the occasional crash/freeze. Online, well i've never finished a game and as far as I know, others with much better net connections than me are the same. .

with the 3g i guess you could use the near feature more to get more goodies for your various games. and the obvious browsing while out and about. And yeah i believe its 20 quid a month from vodafone but don't quote me on that.

Also no flash vids at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

got resistance of the store today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is it just me or are videos not available in the EU store?

Everytime I see a screenshot of the store on a vita there is a video tab at the top, alongside the game tab.

Is this just in other stores? Can any of you lads see the video tab in the EU store?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Screens of Mortal Kombat Vita, graphics looks like crap tbh, more like psp graphics.

http://playfront.de/about/mortal-kombat-vita-screen/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ShaneU wrote: »
    Screens of Mortal Kombat Vita, graphics looks like crap tbh, more like psp graphics.

Blasphemer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Wow. I think Super Street Fighter 4 3D on 3DS actually looks better. Maybe it'll look better in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow. I think Super Street Fighter 4 3D on 3DS actually looks better. Maybe it'll look better in motion.

I actually think you are right there... Them graphics look poor :eek: Surely the Vita could do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I actually think you are right there... Them graphics look poor :eek: Surely the Vita could do better?
    Well, it is the console's first UE3 game, but yeah, it could do a lot better than that. Especially in comparison to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

And to update, here's a comparison between the Vita and the 360 versions.

BH6s6.jpg

X8Cs8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

this is bad... really bad.... so MVC 3 was a direct port and this... this looks very bad :( i was soooooooooo looking forward to it!

Hmm i'm not impressed either but i'm going to pass judgement until I see some reviews. It could end up being better than we think despite the graphics.

Those graphics :eek: is it a PS1 game or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its frustrating at the best of times,1-0 up against real madrid and in the 90 minute just as the game is over I disconnect and dont get the fooking win :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I canceled my preorder on Mortal Kombat today,this vita is turning into a 3DS style nightmare,think I will trade mine in and wait for a price drop and or better line up come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launches on Vita in "late June", publisher Konami has announced.

• Advertisement

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launches on Vita in "late June", publisher Konami has announced.
    Without peace walker, I'm 50/50 on whether to buy this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement