Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The way you guys are doing Netflix could I do that with my PSP games which are on a different account?.. Would they still work though if I logged out of the account and went back to my original?...

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

The way you guys are doing Netflix could I do that with my PSP games which are on a different account?.. Would they still work though if I logged out of the account and went back to my original?...

No idea, I don't see why not though.. test it and let us know

EJ22 wrote: »

* fetches vita

It's worth the shot anyways :D

* fetches vita

It's worth the shot anyways :D

Keep us updated! This could be awesome

Logged into one of other accounts, got to download GTA Vice City Stories and can also download Wipeout Pure, LBP and Avatar... Tried playing Mutant Blobs Attack on the account, it said ''You can not earn trophies in this game'' or something... And then I was thinking sweet it will work, sadly I got an error code :(... I suppose I was hoping for alot...

Going to play the PSP games for a bit, as I really am not assed with playing BlazBlue I bloody hate it :p ... Only games I play on Vita really is Motorstorm RC and Mutant Blobs

• Advertisement

Logged into one of other accounts, got to download GTA Vice City Stories and can also download Wipeout Pure, LBP and Avatar... Tried playing Mutant Blobs Attack on the account, it said ''You can not earn trophies in this game'' or something... And then I was thinking sweet it will work, sadly I got an error code :(... I suppose I was hoping for alot...

Going to play the PSP games for a bit, as I really am not assed with playing BlazBlue I bloody hate it :p ... Only games I play on Vita really is Motorstorm RC and Mutant Blobs

So can you play your American psp games on your Irish account?

So can you play your American psp games on your Irish account?

I was using an Irish account, I never signed into American I just downloaded some PSP games on seperate Irish account to gameshare them :)... When I logged out of my cartman91 account and into the other account cartmenez91 I could not play Mutant Blobs or Motorstorm RC on the cartmenez91 account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Disgaea is one amazing game :D

I was using an Irish account, I never signed into American I just downloaded some PSP games on seperate Irish account to gameshare them :)... When I logged out of my cartman91 account and into the other account cartmenez91 I could not play Mutant Blobs or Motorstorm RC on the cartmenez91 account...
    aha! Interesting, think I'll test it out later if I have funds on the aul visa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

While I was downloading the Netflix app last night, I also downloaded the Sumioni demo. After I logged back into my EU account, the demo worked fine. So some content will work, but as it was a demo, it probably didn't have the same restrictions as PSP games would.

• Advertisement

Are there any demos on the US store worth doing it again for? Might try it with the japanese store for the gravity rush demo.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are there any demos on the US store worth doing it again for? Might try it with the japanese store for the gravity rush demo.

Sumioni looks outstanding TBH. It has a similar artstyle to Patapon but with more humanoid characters and a really cool platforming mechanic where you can create platforms by drawing them on the touchscreen.

At work ATM. Any chance you could post the article/give the gist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Otacon wrote: »
    At work ATM. Any chance you could post the article/give the gist?

The Vita version of Mortal Kombat is the same fantastic and content-loaded fighting game that appeared on consoles about a year ago. But this portable version of the game actually has even more to do. The four characters released as downloadable add-ons for the original game are already present, and there are even more costumes to choose from. It's gone through a year of patches and balance changes, ensuring that the version of the game you're getting on day one for the Vita has been fight-tested and tournament approved. In short, if you're a Vita owner that's open to the idea of a fighting game, Mortal Kombat is an amazing value.

I'm not going to just rehash everything I said a year ago, but 95 percent of that old review still applies here. The single-player story mode is still astoundingly deep and the challenge tower is an exciting and maddening climb. Let's talk about the differences. The Vita version gets a new challenge tower that's largely built around the Vita's touch and shake features. It's a little silly, giving you an MK-themed take on Fruit Ninja, minigames where you tap rockets with your finger before they can reach your fighter, and so on. But it's a solid change of pace that, for the most part, handles the Vita's additional control options pretty well. In fights, you can use the touch screen to perform fatalities, if you like, and you can also unleash X-ray attacks by tapping your super meter when it's full.

If you start directly comparing the Vita version of Mortal Kombat to its console counterparts, you'll notice some cutbacks. While the frame rate is perfectly smooth during the fighting, that seems to come at the expense of some of the original game's character detail. When the game zooms in close for fatalities, win poses, or pre-fight talking (which happens all the time in the game's story mode), you'll notice that the character models look a little grungy and decidedly flatter than they did on consoles. That's obviously not the end of the world, and it's surely insane to expect a handheld to perfectly match a console, but hey, consider yourself aware of the difference. Some backgrounds look a little static, as well, but overall, it's a really nice-looking Vita game. Also, the game's online mode is limited to fights with one other player, so all the chat lobby and avatar-based spectator stuff from the other versions has been cut in favor of basic splits between ranked/unranked and one-on-one/tag battle. It appears to work just fine, though I had a few games drop out after character selection had been completed and it occasionally takes a little while to match up with a player and get a game going. Once you're connected, though, fighting and voice chat (which is on at all times once you're connected) work great.

Even if you're not near a Wi-Fi connection often enough to take advantage of the multiplayer side of Mortal Kombat, there's more than enough stuff for you to do by yourself to make it worth its $40 price tag. If you're at all warm to the idea of a portable fighting game, you should absolutely pick it up.

5*

caspa307 wrote: »
    The Vita version of Mortal Kombat is the same fantastic and content-loaded fighting game that appeared on consoles about a year ago. But this portable version of the game actually has even more to do. The four characters released as downloadable add-ons for the original game are already present, and there are even more costumes to choose from. It's gone through a year of patches and balance changes, ensuring that the version of the game you're getting on day one for the Vita has been fight-tested and tournament approved. In short, if you're a Vita owner that's open to the idea of a fighting game, Mortal Kombat is an amazing value.

I'm not going to just rehash everything I said a year ago, but 95 percent of that old review still applies here. The single-player story mode is still astoundingly deep and the challenge tower is an exciting and maddening climb. Let's talk about the differences. The Vita version gets a new challenge tower that's largely built around the Vita's touch and shake features. It's a little silly, giving you an MK-themed take on Fruit Ninja, minigames where you tap rockets with your finger before they can reach your fighter, and so on. But it's a solid change of pace that, for the most part, handles the Vita's additional control options pretty well. In fights, you can use the touch screen to perform fatalities, if you like, and you can also unleash X-ray attacks by tapping your super meter when it's full.

If you start directly comparing the Vita version of Mortal Kombat to its console counterparts, you'll notice some cutbacks. While the frame rate is perfectly smooth during the fighting, that seems to come at the expense of some of the original game's character detail. When the game zooms in close for fatalities, win poses, or pre-fight talking (which happens all the time in the game's story mode), you'll notice that the character models look a little grungy and decidedly flatter than they did on consoles. That's obviously not the end of the world, and it's surely insane to expect a handheld to perfectly match a console, but hey, consider yourself aware of the difference. Some backgrounds look a little static, as well, but overall, it's a really nice-looking Vita game. Also, the game's online mode is limited to fights with one other player, so all the chat lobby and avatar-based spectator stuff from the other versions has been cut in favor of basic splits between ranked/unranked and one-on-one/tag battle. It appears to work just fine, though I had a few games drop out after character selection had been completed and it occasionally takes a little while to match up with a player and get a game going. Once you're connected, though, fighting and voice chat (which is on at all times once you're connected) work great.

Even if you're not near a Wi-Fi connection often enough to take advantage of the multiplayer side of Mortal Kombat, there's more than enough stuff for you to do by yourself to make it worth its $40 price tag. If you're at all warm to the idea of a portable fighting game, you should absolutely pick it up.

5*

What he said :P cheers caspa I was in college when I posted that link lol

Looks like MK is back on my MustBuy list again. Now to find the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A lot of people saying they will buy a vita because of Persona 4

Sony really needs some big hitters at E3 :/ Don't want this to turn into a PSP go thing, the vita is really incredible.

• Advertisement

playing gravity rush on the vita using the netflix trick wohoooo:D

caspa307 wrote: »
    playing gravity rush on the vita using the netflix trick wohoooo:D

Is there an English demo, or is it Japanese?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is there an English demo, or is it Japanese?

jap with english subtitles ITS AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So demos from another account work but not purchased games?

ShaneU wrote: »
    So demos from another account work but not purchased games?

id say games might work too

I played an English demo of Gravity Rush before the vita was released, game's out in a month or so so not sure why it's not out.

Going to download Motorstorm for free on the US PSN and see if works on my Irish account.

Let me know if it works, I'l give it a go :) Got the trophy for 10 hours of straight play on Disgaea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

This has been known for a good while, demos work but games do not. Haven't tried it myself though.

Plus, I hear hong kong is the best store to use as a "second" store since it gets early demos and they are generally in english

Nope doesn't work. Sumioni demo is great though.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nope doesn't work. Sumioni demo is great though.

gay lol the resistance ar thing works :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement