Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    I got it from symths in airside for 36 euro, minus 10% for loyalty card.

would you not have got a better price from hmv? u know with your staff discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It's 45 in HMV - discount = 40.50
    40 in symths - discount = 36 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn I paid €45 in Gamestop, Smyths in Jervis didn't have it and neither did HMV in Henry Street. Bloody Gamestop and their high mark ups.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

It's 45 in HMV - discount = 40.50
    40 in symths - discount = 36 euro :D

lol love it when that happens

I know :rolleyes: hence why I never shop at gamestop if I can avoid it.

• Advertisement

You know what is the worst thing,I don't want the damn game now,think I will put it up for swap or just return it tomorrow. I want to finish part 1 and 2 first.

May as well keep it mightn't you? Otherwise you'll just rebuy it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is disgea good? What is it like? Do you need to play 1 and 2 first?

Around 10 more days for mortal kombat!!! Come on!!

I haven't played a disgea game before, I'm enjoying it.

Is disgea good? What is it like? Do you need to play 1 and 2 first?

Around 10 more days for mortal kombat!!! Come on!!

I wouldn't think it is too important to play the previous games in the series but for me I want to know the story and as I got part one on the PSN cheap I am going to play through them first before I go near number three. It will also give me the chance to get used to the in game system.

• Advertisement

im getting rid of my vita i do not like it anymore prefr 3ds tho loving my ps3

ps vita wifi rayman origins 8gb memory card & case how much you think ill get in gamestop for it ?

i only paid 268 euro on amazon so hoping ot get most of my money back ..... im in limerick if anyone wants to buy it

Very much doubt you'll get you'll get your 268 back for it, they're selling on adverts (vita, fifa, and 8gb card) for less than 220 now.

In other news, Vita sales in Japan fall below 10,000

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/23/lacking-software-vita-sales-continue-downward-trend-in-japan/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I splashed and got one yesterday. For a WiFi Vita, Uncharted and 4gig card, i had to trade a Wii, Wii Fit Plus + Board, Mario Kart Wii + Wheel, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Motion Plus, NSMB Wii, DKC Returns, Original White PSP, Ape Academy, Locoroco 2, Black DSi and Dark Souls Limited Edition (360), plus €40.

Anyway, i'm impressed. I've only played Uncharted a small bit, but it does look fantastic (rightly enjoying the photo part!). UI is beautiful, so smooth and well presented. Browser is crazy good, way better than the PS3 one (why is that still crap?!). Just as good as my Tablet S (maybe quicker :eek: ).

However, the thing that has me most are the AR games. They are really good, and the things running through my head as to how this will evolve, i'm really excited!

Bit disappointed by the prices of the majority of stuff though. I won't have a very big collection any time soon, and by god does the card fill up quick! Time to start deleting already!!! Extremely shitty that they developed their own card systems, the prices are stupid high, but hopefully someone will have an adapter soon enough...

Any free downloads i should know about? I think i have everything that's free so far, and am tempted to get the 3 month Plus subscription as i get at least 6 games for the same price that are currently available.

Very much doubt you'll get you'll get your 268 back for it, they're selling on adverts (vita, fifa, and 8gb card) for less than 220 now.

In other news, Vita sales in Japan fall below 10,000

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/23/lacking-software-vita-sales-continue-downward-trend-in-japan/[/QUOTE]

no harm in walking down to gamespot tomorrow to see

Yeah :) if you're looking for credit, your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

3DS only came good after a big price drop and 3D Mario & Mario Kart. Having no second analogue stick is shocking tbh. The Vita only needs monster hunter for the Japanese and call of duty for the rest of us for massive sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gravity rush game will save it : )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know the trade in value for BlazBlue in Xtravision?

gravity rush game will save it : )

yeah dude your right and ill hold onto it till e3 i want gravity rush

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Skype app for Vita confirmed for tomorrow's update. Probably won't use it myself, but I know many others on here have been waiting for this addition.

• Advertisement

dont give a crap about skype... though a youtube app would be handy. psone support...

btw anyone knows if mortal kombat is out on tuesday or crapy friday eu style?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

btw anyone knows if mortal kombat is out on tuesday or crapy friday eu style?

Good News: It's earlier than Friday.

Bad News: It's Thursday.

GoW Ghost of Sparta
    Resistance Retribution
    Patapon 3

Which game should I get? Not fond of 3rd person shooters but love Resistance series... Love God of War too and Patapon 3 looks like alot of fun.. Decisions decisions

Two things will save the Vita, PS2 games and reliable cheap third party memory cards. Neither of which will happen soon.

XTRAVISION don't take Blazblue on trade either Gamestop or HMV will though.

Otacon wrote: »
    Good News: It's earlier than Friday.

Bad News: It's Thursday.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

GoW Ghost of Sparta
    Resistance Retribution
    Patapon 3

Which game should I get? Not fond of 3rd person shooters but love Resistance series... Love God of War too and Patapon 3 looks like alot of fun.. Decisions decisions

I have all three!

GOS is probably my favourite. If you can only get one, get that.

Also, Gran Turismo looks stellar on the Vita, and plays well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I bought my vita on launch day in game (was completely ripped off as GF got me a voucher for there)
    I got the console, 4gb (yes 4) card, uncharted and F1 for 340.
    Anyway, I am enjoying it to a degree.
    Of the 3 games mentioned above,
    GoW Ghost of Sparta
    Resistance Retribution
    Patapon 3

I assume these are psp games, as is gran turismo.
    Do I just download these from the psn store on the vita?
    Thanks
    Any more suggestions for ps one or psp games that work?
    I got tomb raider working via remote play and batman lego and a couple more.
    Is there a definitive list of non vita games that actually work at the moment.
    Apologies for all the questions.

I will have to get myself a 16gb card somewhere, where is the cheapest to buy preferably an actual shop not online?
    Apologies for all the questions.

Thanks
    Sham

Otacon wrote: »
    I have all three!

GOS is probably my favourite. If you can only get one, get that.

Also, Gran Turismo looks stellar on the Vita, and plays well too.

Thanks, think I may have bought on PSP go but just not on my account :(.. What other PSP games worth getting for under 10euro .. Only have maybe 2gb space..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

GoW Ghost of Sparta
    Resistance Retribution
    Patapon 3

I bought GOS last week and blasted through it last weekend (so much so that I didn't bother attempting to improve my Motorstorm RC weekly time, forshame!) and it was great fun. If you love GoW then you really can't go wrong for that price.

Retribution: I played the game on psp over a year ago. I enjoyed it but I haven't played any of the other games in the series as unlike you I don't like FPSs.

Patapon 3: I played Patapon 2 on PSP and enjoyed it, but never found it addictive like some and never bothered to go much more than half way through it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are flush with cash and can afford it.

• Advertisement

For anyone at all interested, 208 credit in HMV for the vita wifi :) way more than cex/gamestop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement