Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was winning 5-0 in FIFA and in the 90minute the bloody thing disconnects :mad:

Will the vita be getting FIFA 13 this year do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I could certainly see FIFA 13 on the Vita, possibly with crossplay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just bought Resistance Retribution. Can't wait to take this baby online, dual analouges and all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

and its happened again 3-2 up and I get disconnected :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

and its happened again 3-2 up and I get disconnected :mad:

Always happens for me with FIFA on Vita, I can't ever finish a game which is frustrating as I want the trophies from it.

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    Always happens for me with FIFA on Vita, I can't ever finish a game which is frustrating as I want the trophies from it.

do you still play online?I seemed to have gotten my 2 wins though from the games I was disconnected from,the last game I had just there was real laggy too.

do you still play online?I seemed to have gotten my 2 wins though from the games I was disconnected from,the last game I had just there was real laggy too.
    yeah I'm still around, just not as often the last week, assignments and study for end of year took priority. If you ever fancy a few games lemme know and I'll gladly give yah a bash at it

The Playstation Suite Beta is now open. Link.

I posted a thread on the Android forum to discuss it [as it will work on the Vita and PS certified Android phones.

Excited to see what comes out of this.

Otacon wrote: »
    The Playstation Suite Beta is now open. Link.

I posted a thread on the Android forum to discuss it [as it will work on the Vita and PS certified Android phones.

Excited to see what comes out of this.
    Hoping Sony has an extensive process of determining wether an app is worth it or not so as we're not filled with rubbish like how the android marketplace / iOS app store is. Otherwise I look forward to the possibilities, especially if they allow emulators (which I highly highly doubt)

Hoping Sony has an extensive process of determining wether an app is worth it or not so as we're not filled with rubbish like how the android marketplace / iOS app store is. Otherwise I look forward to the possibilities, especially if they allow emulators (which I highly highly doubt)

I hope the system is as open as possible. You may end up with a few more rubbish apps, however, you will also get more powerful applications built as they can free to use more of the systems resources. Also, homebrewers will have an avenue to pursue their aims while not needing to have the device cracked completely.

• Advertisement

I hope the system is as open as possible. You may end up with a few more rubbish apps, however, you will also get more powerful applications built as they can free to use more of the systems resources. Also, homebrewers will have an avenue to pursue their aims while not needing to have the device cracked completely.

I agree that openness without the use of a cracked device would be amazing, especially for homebrewers as the cracked community has shown that it is strong (there are still cfw's coming out for the psp), but the apps I'm hoping to not see is "X-ray scanner" or even "99 sexual positions" et al as they're just useless IMO.

I guess all we can do is wait, I'll download the beta and check it out but only time will tell if we are given quality over quantity.

Also if this leads to the introduction of YouTube/Netflix etc on the PSV then yay! Or even older games such as snake! (yes I would play snake on my vita, and I would love every moment of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Also if this leads to the introduction of YouTube/Netflix etc on the PSV then yay! Or even older games such as snake! (yes I would play snake on my vita, and I would love every moment of it)

Netflix is already out on vita in the US. Why the fück isn't it out here?

Netflix is already out on vita in the US. Why the fück isn't it out here?

Didn't know that! Ok well now that I know I'm gonna go out on a limb and think it would be something to do with the distribution of copyrighted material in Europe and/or coming to an agreement with SCEE to distribute the content through an app. SCEE are horrible at getting releases at the same time as SCEA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

You can get Netflix working on your European Vita with a work around. I got it working on mine. Just google for the work around.

Some details emerging about the type of apps that will be allowed through the Playstation Suite

"completely free/ad-supported apps will not be allowed on the service, and that "development will be limited to paid (including freemiun [sic]) content." In-game/in-app microtransaction functionality will be added to the SDK at a later date during the beta."

no indication so far as to how much apps will cost through this service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

For those of you who have bought Resistance Retribution can you give me some feedback on how it plays?... And is the only any good at all?... Is it a must buy or should I avoid?.. Only have a 4GB card atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not allowing ad-supported games is a big mistake imo, If they're not doing that I at least hope they'll allow them to publish demo versions.

yeah I'm still around, just not as often the last week, assignments and study for end of year took priority. If you ever fancy a few games lemme know and I'll gladly give yah a bash at it

added : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Disgea out today :D and resistance retribution is well good. Only problem I can recall is the occasional frame rate drop, but that was on the PSP, it may run better on the vita.

For those of you who have bought Resistance Retribution can you give me some feedback on how it plays?... And is the only any good at all?... Is it a must buy or should I avoid?.. Only have a 4GB card atm..

It is a very good third person shooter with decent graphics. The only issue in my mind is the control scheme. Instead of a reticle, you move around a large rectangular box [depends on the difficulty setting] which will allow you to auto-aim at whatever is inside it.

This was put in to compensate for the fact that on the PSP, you use the face buttons to look around. With two analogues, it just seems redundant and imprecise. Just a nitpick, not a game breaker at all.

If you like the story in the series, pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It is a very good third person shooter with decent graphics. The only issue in my mind is the control scheme. Instead of a reticle, you move around a large rectangular box [depends on the difficulty setting] which will allow you to auto-aim at whatever is inside it.

This was put in to compensate for the fact that on the PSP, you use the face buttons to look around. With two analogues, it just seems redundant and imprecise. Just a nitpick, not a game breaker at all.

If you like the story in the series, pick it up.
    Multiplayer ain't too bad either, although I do have to criticise the lag at times (though the auto aim actually compensates for that) and there being only 5 maps to offer. I'm not looking too forward to Burning Skies though, as this time, there's only 3 game modes to offer, add to that the whole online pass thing and most likely matchmaking only for game searching (like R3 before it).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Will probably be getting a Vita soon, any general tips people have?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Orizio wrote: »
    Will probably be getting a Vita soon, any general tips people have?

Get the biggest memory card you can afford, even of its the cost of adiitional game.

So what disgea like?worth the 40 odd euro?

pre-orders gravity rush for 29.99 pounds on amazon so about 36 euro it look bloody good plus theres a demo coming next month

lol cannot wait to walk in gamestop and see it on the shelf for 49.99 lol

I think disgea's great :D

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think disgea's great :D

how much did you pay for it and where?

I got it from symths in airside for 36 euro, minus 10% for loyalty card.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I got it from symths in airside for 36 euro, minus 10% for loyalty card.

hmmm might pay symths in cork a visit then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I would see if there's a demo on ps3 or watch some videos first before buying it, disgaea is definitely not for everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement