Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Yup as said before. Great song. This is more like it. Already sounding better then section 80 tracks

Quote=Mr. Rager;81137729]http://www.djsemtex.com/blog/2012/10/05/kendrick-lamar-feat-drake-poetic-justice-snippet/[/Quote]
    Y

Section 80 is beginning to grow on me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Section 80 is beginning to grow on me
    Section.80 is a massive grower. I was pretty non plused when first heard it, but I kept gertting sucked back to it. I still think there is a chunk mid-way and at the end that cut be dumped, but some is excellent. Rigamortis is one of the best rap songs in a long time. Even my 1 and a half year old daughter loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Section.80 is a massive grower. I was pretty non plused when first heard it, but I kept gertting sucked back to it. I still think there is a chunk mid-way and at the end that cut be dumped, but some is excellent. Rigamortis is one of the best rap songs in a long time. Even my 1 and a half year old daughter loves it.

The chunk at the end better not include HiiiPower. That's my favourite song from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

That chunk at the end (minus hiipower) is the same (I'd say) that I thought didn't fit in either but that grows on you too later on.

Kush & Corinthians (His Pain), Blow my high (Members Only) and Ab-Soul’s Outro are good songs, but I initially thought they were way too out of sync with the other songs but they definitely grow on you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The chunk at the end better not include HiiiPower. That's my favourite song from it.

I like HiiiiPower, i think it's just a case that after Rigamortis, nothing compares to it. I've listened to the last few songs again and they are decent enough. I guess that my mind switches off after the excellence of Riga.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I like HiiiiPower, i think it's just a case that after Rigamortis, nothing compares to it. I've listened to the last few songs again and they are decent enough. I guess that my mind switches off after the excellence of Riga.

After Rigamortus, Ab-Soul's Outro and Blow My High are my favourite songs on the album!

Love the screwed sample of Pimp C in Blow My High. Completely changes the tone and tempo from his Big Pimpin verse.

Huh just realized Timbo produced Big pimpin and 4 page letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I'd never heard 4 Page Letter before. That's dope the way he blends the two.

TDE have a habit of flipping lines from other songs like that and totally changing the tone and context of them - Schoolboy Q flips a line from Niggas in Paris on Nightmare on Figg Street, Ab-Soul takes a line from Ab-Soul's Outro for Illuminate on his own album, and then Blow My High.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

floggg wrote: »

I'd never heard 4 Page Letter before. That's dope the way he blends the two.

TDE have a habit of flipping lines from other songs like that and totally changing the tone and context of them - Schoolboy Q flips a line from Niggas in Paris on Nightmare on Figg Street, Ab-Soul takes a line from Ab-Soul's Outro for Illuminate on his own album, and then Blow My High.
    What's 50 grand to a mothafúcka like me can you please remind me? I'll remind ya! Really liking Q's shít these days.

And for the record, Blow My High is amazing

"so what's 50 grand to a young guy like me? More than my annual salary"

Yasiin Bey destroyed that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

People should check out the Kendrick Lamar EP, its my favourite K.Dot project.

tracklist and production credits released, all the producers he has and he hasnt got 1 single dre beat !... so much for staying with the section 80 production team, like said.
    1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter (Prod. By Tha Bizness)
    2. B*tch, Don’t Kill My Vibe (Prod. By Sounwave)
    3. Backseat Freestyle (Prod. By Hit-Boy)
    4. The Art Of Peer Pressure (Prod. By Tabu)
    5. Money Trees (Feat. Jay Rock) (Prod. By DJ Dahi)
    6. Poetic Justice (Feat. Drake) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)
    7. good kid (Prod. By Pharrell)
    8. m.A.A.d city (Feat. MC Eiht) (Prod. By Sounwave & Terrace Martin)
    9. Swimming Pools (Drank) (Extended Version) (Prod. By T-Minus)
    10. Sing About Me (Prod. By Skhye Hutch + Sounwave) / I’m Dying Of Thirst (Prod. By Like of Pac Div)
    11. Real (Feat. Anna Wise) (Prod. By Terrace Martin)
    12. Compton (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Just Blaze)

Deluxe Bonus Tracks:

13. The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)

14. Black Boy Fly (Prod. By Rahki & Dawaun Parker)
    15. Now or Never (Feat. Mary J. Blige) (Prod. By Jack Splash)
    16. Collect Calls
    17. Swimming Pools (Drank) (Prod. By T-Minus)

Even without a dre beat, I can't wait. Poetic justice better be a 2pac related track in order to balance out the drake-ness.

Even without a dre beat, I can't wait. Poetic justice better be a 2pac related track in order to balance out the drake-ness.

Hopefully Drake is on the hook, in fairness he does very well on the majority of his hooks. Happy to see SDV is producing it, hopefully it's a banger like The Recipe. One of the tracks I'm most excited for on the album I'm most excited for.

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Hopefully Drake is on the hook, in fairness he does very well on the majority of his hooks. Happy to see SDV is producing it, hopefully it's a banger like The Recipe. One of the tracks I'm most excited for on the album I'm most excited for.

Yeah if only she stayed there it would be fine, but he will likely have an actual verse like he did with Game and others.

Master splinters daughter, nice missed that first time skimming it.

Anyone know why track 16 Collect Calls has no production credit beside it?

The conspiracy theorist inside of me says that this might be a Dre beat....or is this one that has been released already?

No Premo beats? damm. would have been nice to get Premo in. possibly even timbo

• Advertisement

do not underestimate Timbo. he is my fav producer but last few years he has been crap.

track 3 backseat freestyle has leaked.... I dont know what to make of it to be honest, starts off good but soon fizzles out imo.

Have a feeling its going to be a let down, in terms of substance it wont have a patch on section 80... he's rapping about f*ck all in fairness, saw all the producers and feared for it straight away.. i hope im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

my god that song is ****e.....horrible beat

Sounds even worse, it's actually a horrible song that beat could of been so much better. Starts off like its a banger and then the cow bells take over and surprisingly Lamar bars are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Haven't listened to any of the recent leaks, just Compton and Art of Peer Pressure, waiting til Friday to listen to the album in full. It'll probably be the only CD I'll buy in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

not impressed so far at all, think the chorus on compton is really corny sounding and that backseat freestyle is the worst thing i have heard in a long time

SDave chappelle hasn't got a patch on that 2pac impression, with biggies lyrics. Sounds meh, not very like him anyway.

Jesus, who was that? Sounds like there was there 12 different rappers on that track.

The snippets are out, can't post the link as im in work but its not being received very well.

His style and his sound has being a small bit commercially tailored, looking like this album could turn out like cole's , a complete let down.

How you can have a host of new producers and not have a single beat from one of the most legendary beat makers in hip hop who just so happens to be your boss is beyond me.

Maybe he should of had dre producing the album, he's a history of producing classic debuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Argh another Cole in the offing my thoughts exactly :(

Advertisement