Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i dont think his album will top NAS!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fighting talk boom bap :D, The albums got of to a great start though.

Fighting talk indeed!!

To be honest, I'm not far gone on the 2 leaks so far, they are OK, but not stellar. But this is how I was with Section.80 as well, only a few standouts for me. I hope its a great album.

As for T-Minus being the best producer out there, I had a look at his discog and it's not great! And the beat on the Drank song isn't spectacular, i think its more a case of how Lamar uses it that makes it sound better.

If we are throwing accusations of the best beat-maker about, I would be looking at El-P or Oddissee whi have had prolific years so far and have produced excellent music. Have you heard the El-P remix to that SlaughterHouse track......good lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Fighting talk indeed!!

To be honest, I'm not far gone on the 2 leaks so far, they are OK, but not stellar. But this is how I was with Section.80 as well, only a few standouts for me. I hope its a great album.

i know what your saying but i honestly think when we get the album they might grow on you more.

i dont think his album will top NAS!

KL has his work cut out for him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The Recipe: First listen didnt really like it, after time absolutely love it.
    Swimming Pools: First listen absolutely loved it, after time still love it.

Shaping up to be a great album as for as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Oddisee's album is pretty damn dope and so was R.A.P. music so they certainly are making strong cases for themselves this year (haven't heard cancer for cure).

• Advertisement

lamar drops the video for "swimming pools (drank)". Looks like the recipe video is put on hold for the time being, i expect it to be out closer to album release maybe september.

also this behind the scenes footage of KL & Schoolboy Q.

good choice. its much better then the recipe song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

1/2 of Black Hippy and CG.

Ab-Souls verse kills it.

good choice. its much better then the recipe song.

i think the recipe is better but in fairness the 2 are completely different songs, swimming pools is a lot darker while the recipe is your typical catchy/anthem like single.

@conor ,what is that beat on the gambino song? Sounds so familiar , its on the tip of my tongue. Ye ab soul does kill it, he imo is the weakest though out of black hippy. He is very unique in his style, i just cant get into his solo stuff but i can tolerate him featuring on other songs. All 3 kill that song though, Q is the man of the moment lately, dropping some serious verses and music.

I don't know but it was produced by CG and I presume it is heavily sample based because it is a mixtape and one of the other tracks sampled Toxic by Britney Spears.

I just like Ab-Souls style (and a lot of his lyrics) over Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q.

• Advertisement

I don't know but it was produced by CG and I presume it is heavily sample based because it is a mixtape and one of the other tracks sampled Toxic by Britney Spears.

I just like Ab-Souls style (and a lot of his lyrics) over Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q.

its from the game v 40 glocc fight , i knew i recognized it :D. I like ab soul myself , its just his solo stuff i find hard to get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Getting pretty psyched about this album. Didn't pay too much attention to this guy before The Recipe, but I'm liking more of his stuff the more I hear it.

KL & lady gaga collab on the way for GKIAMC, the single will be called "partynauseos" and is comng september 6th!...:eek:... This can go either way but apparently gaga was a big fan of lamars and reached out via twitter and the 2 have been friends since... if it turns out like a wale's song with gaga, it wouldnt be too bad because going by the song title it defiantly sounds like a radio/club type single.

in saying all that.. i would prefer not too see lady gaga on this album for obvious reasons.

7579100422_eca65c05a3.jpg
    The modern day 2Pac & Madonna relationship is on the brink once again. Pop star Gaga has recently revealed she and TDE now Interscope signee, Kendrick Lamar are great friends. To all the Rap fans, ”Good Kid, m.A.A.d City” which is K. Dots debut album is one of the if not the most anticipated album of the year and running.

The album is due October 2nd, and to make it all better Gaga hit Twitter this morning to announce she’ll appear on the Interscope/Aftermath project on a song titled “PARTYNAUSEOUS.” The single, is set to debut on September 6th.

“I am so excited to announce that a record I’ve been working on has now become a collaboration with @KendrickLamar for HIS ALBUM. @kendricklamar and I are dropping the record SEPT 6. Its called “PARTYNAUSEOUS”

*What do you all think about this, Keep in mind Lady Gaga CAN actually sing, so we all know this will be 100% dope.*

KL & lady gaga collab on the way for GKIAMC, the single will be called "partynauseos" and is comng september 6th!...:eek:... This can go either way but apparently gaga was a big fan of lamars and reached out via twitter and the 2 have been friends since... if it turns out like a wale's song with gaga, it wouldnt be too bad because going by the song title it defiantly sounds like a radio/club type single.

in saying all that.. i would prefer not too see lady gaga on this album for obvious reasons.

7579100422_eca65c05a3.jpg

Not liking the sound of this. I can imagine Gaga completely taking over the whole track. She's an attention whore after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

It could be interesting. Kendrick doesn't seem like the type to go with a big name feature just for the sake of it. He obviously could have went with all the usual Aftermath producers, but seems to have kept it in house.

Hopefully this work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Not liking the sound of this. I can imagine Gaga completely taking over the whole track. She's an attention whore after all.

I'm not her biggest fan but I don't think that'll be the case. From looking at her discography on her Wikipedia page she seems to have been a featured artist on almost no songs. This will be only her 3rd featured single, and she's only done another 4/5 songs. One of those singles was with The Lonely Island so it pretty much doesn't even count as a single. Essentially she has only featured on one single.

In '09 she did a song with Wale. It's pretty decent. She only does the basic hook feature and leaves it at that. No verse or anything more. Wale is quite clearly the main artist on it, as he should be.

I know that was back in '09 and Gaga is a totally different animal now but I'd imagine she has enough cop on to know what to do. The fact that this will only be her 3rd single in 5 years I reckon she'll want to do it right. She may be an attention whore but she's not a whore for features like Rihanna.

I think this is a good move by Kendrick. She's an alright singer and can hold a note. The single will probably sell millions and get him way up into the charts and into the spotlight. He'll come out a winner at the end of it.

I'm not her biggest fan but I don't think that'll be the case. From looking at her discography on her Wikipedia page she seems to have been a featured artist on almost no songs. This will be only her 3rd featured single, and she's only done another 4/5 songs. One of those singles was with The Lonely Island so it pretty much doesn't even count as a single. Essentially she has only featured on one single.

In '09 she did a song with Wale. It's pretty decent. She only does the basic hook feature and leaves it at that. No verse or anything more. Wale is quite clearly the main artist on it, as he should be.

I know that was back in '09 and Gaga is a totally different animal now but I'd imagine she has enough cop on to know what to do. The fact that this will only be her 3rd single in 5 years I reckon she'll want to do it right. She may be an attention whore but she's not a whore for features like Rihanna.

I think this is a good move by Kendrick. She's an alright singer and can hold a note. The single will probably sell millions and get him way up into the charts and into the spotlight. He'll come out a winner at the end of it.

Not doubting that she's a great singer - I saw her live last year with a friend by chance and she was surprisingly impressive live. She can be just a little over-indulgent sometimes, and I just hope she and her big name and image and everything don't over-shadow Lamar.

New KL song ft young jeezy doing the rounds , just released. It's not from the album , it's part of TDEs appreciation week I think.

Alright song, can't post the link from phone.

Haven't listened to it but I think he should have done that song with Freddie Gibbs for no other reason than Gibbs is better than Jeezy. He probably doesn't fit the song though. Although saying that Gibbs can adjust his flow to anything. It's more the subject matter that might clash.

• Advertisement

jeezy is one rapper i cant stand, honestly from day 1 when his buzz was high he just never appealed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I kind of like Jeezy.

I really like that track.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I kind of like Jeezy.

I really like that track.

I liked Jeezy back in the day.

Freddie should have been on that beat though. He is better than Jeezy in every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I'm really liking the Jeezy track, awesome beat and Kenrick's flow on the second verse is nuts! It's a better track than a lot of rappers' album material

I agree with Jimmy though, Kendrick + Freddie Gibbs needs to happen!

i reckon its only a matter of time, KL is the artist in demand atm, everyone is reaching out for a feature from him or schoolboy mainly lamar though.

black hippy will blow up if KL gets this album right.

After my new "listen to it 3 times before judging it" rule this song is actually pretty good, except Jeezy of course but at least he is not first.

the full version of "bend ya" has released, this leaked over a year ago with just lamar & frank ocean but it turns out it's actually Mann's song (buzzin ft 50 cent) ft lamar and ocean.

i had high hopes for this song after hearing the leak, but its all over the place and imo Mann ruins it.

pff. at this stage, Kendrick Lamar's album wont even be as good as GAME's last album.

Best rap album ever he said? LOL.

Kendrick hasnt shown any glimpse of this. not at all. his not worthy to be compared to even GAME yet who is no legend himself nevermind comparing him to nas/eminem. his miles behind nas/eminem.

Step up your "Game" Kendrick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Bit of a mixed response around these parts but I think that's sick, bar Jeezy. Song of the last few days for me.

• Advertisement

i just cant get into "westside right on time" the beat is kind of repetitive, its like im waiting for it to kick in and change a bit but never does.

lamar kills this new song he's featured on, Nitty Scott ft lamar " flower child"

Advertisement