Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

pff. at this stage, Kendrick Lamar's album wont even be as good as GAME's last album.

Best rap album ever he said? LOL.

Kendrick hasnt shown any glimpse of this. not at all. his not worthy to be compared to even GAME yet who is no legend himself nevermind comparing him to nas/eminem. his miles behind nas/eminem.

Step up your "Game" Kendrick!!

I doubt that song will be on the album.

Tho The Recipe and Swimming Pools have both been great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

NO! I can't wait any longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

loving this from kendrick, everything he says hear is what iv been saying before. 50 made the mixtape game what it is today.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/09/kendrick-lamar-talks-about-following-50-cents-mixtape-formula/

There will be no black hippy album anytime soon either...jay rock is completly against the idea of a black hippy album and Q says it could happen in the future but not now.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.21041/title.schoolboy-q-ab-soul-jay-rock-confirm-that-a-black-hippy-album-will-not-be-released

album cover and deluxe album cover have been released. I like the original cover, very personal touch to it.

goodkidmaadcity.jpeg

deluxe...

kendricklamargoodkidmaadcitydeluxe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Maybe the only album I'm really looking forward to hearing this year, I like the standard cover, not mad about the deluxe one purely because I hate those massive ugly people carriers :P

this album will make or break my October :D

kurupts brother scoe ft kendrick lamar "thank you" drop a song in dedication to Dr Dre, class song.

Really, reeaally looking forward to hearing this album, especially the Hit Boy produced track..literally counting the days :)

Hopefully there's 1 or 2 Dre beats too...

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Really, reeaally looking forward to hearing this album, especially the Hit Boy produced track..literally counting the days :)

Hopefully there's 1 or 2 Dre beats too...

There has to be at least 1 or 2 dre beats i say. I expect dre is going to at least co-produce the album like he did with all his debut artists now that lamar is actually on aftermath i think its set in stone tbh, id be very surprised if dre wasnt exec producing this album.

In saying that i hope KL stays mainly in house and sticks to the production team he had on section 80, i dont mind other producers as long as they cater to his sound and not the other way around in lamar catering to their sound so to speak.

There has to be at least 1 or 2 dre beats i say. I expect dre is going to at least co-produce the album like he did with all his debut artists now that lamar is actually on aftermath i think its set in stone tbh, id be very surprised if dre wasnt exec producing this album.

Was thinking that too but saw a pic on Kendrick's Facebook page recently that just said "GKMC - available October 22nd, mixed by Dr. Dre & mixed by Ali" . Makes me think Dre might have taken a step back this time and let Kendrick's team look after the beats and with Dre just having a hand in the mixing process. With Game and 50's albums it was always clear that Dre would act as exec producer, long before they were even released. Not so sure this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My friend got to meet him TWICE last week. Once at a meet n greet and then that night after a concert he went to.

Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

TDE/KL deliberately made sure they held more control than if they were purely signed to Aftermath.

This will have the Dre stamp but will not be run by Aftermath.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I recall watching an interview were KL said it was all TDE producers, and there will be no production from Dre. Although that may change with the delux edition. The reason for the album delay and delux version is down to sample clearance, they couldnt get clearance for the original date set.

lamar was named Lyricist of the year at the BET awards the other night and also previewed a song from the album, not great sound quality but sounds ok from what i can gather, prod by hit boy i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good stuff, been wondering where Just Blaze was lately, happy to see he's still got it, was always a bit of a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Has Dre produced anything for kendrick yet? Two tracks, no production?

Has Dre produced anything for kendrick yet? Two tracks, no production?

Definitely a few Detox tracks that we'll never hear and probably a few that were intended for Kendrick's album, but won't make the final cut.

I have a feeling this album is going to be the highlight of my October. I cannot wait. I'd love to get a physical copy, but I haven't seen any record shops in this damn Spanish town I'm living in, so download will have to do for now.

Class song, loving the intro to it. This album is the only thing on my radar for October and really tbh the rest of 2012, if this is a banger il be happier than a pig in sh*t.

@conor... No dre production so far for KL , hopefully it's worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I've only given it one spin, but I'm not bowled over by that Compton track.

Crazy to see Dre adopting a similar flow to Kendrick on both of the tracks they've done together so far (less so on this song, but you can definitely hear his influence on the second song). I know Kendrick is probably writing his rhymes, but the new kid on the block is meant to copy the legend's style, not the other way around!

Hope the album lives up to expectations. If it can match the standard of Section.80 at the very least I'll be pleased.

TRACKLIST

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter's Daughter
    2. Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
    3. Backseat Freestyle
    4. The Art of Peer Pressure
    5. Money Trees feat. Jay Rock
    6. Poetic Justice feat. Drake
    7. good kid
    8. m.A.A.d city feat. MC Eiht
    9. Swimming Pools (Drank) [Extended Version]
    10. Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
    11. Real feat. Anna Wise
    12. Compton feat. Dr. Dre

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.21375/title.kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city-tracklist

Guess the track with Lady Gaga didn't make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

so far his songs are nothing special.

Nas's tunes are still better then Kendric. sorry lads. still waiting on that big hit thats unique and refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

so far his songs are nothing special.

Nas's tunes are still better then Kendric. sorry lads. still waiting on that big hit thats unique and refreshing.

just curious, how come you keep comparing kendrick to Nas?

On another note, looking forward to that track with MC Eiht on it, that'll be an interesting collaboration, a veteran of compton coming together with the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Guess the track with Lady Gaga didn't make it?

No, it did. It's "Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe". They just changed the name of it from "Partynauseous" to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I absolutely love "That Art of Peer Pressure". Really can't stop listening to it. A good storytelling hip-hop song is rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    just curious, how come you keep comparing kendrick to Nas?

On another note, looking forward to that track with MC Eiht on it, that'll be an interesting collaboration, a veteran of compton coming together with the next generation.

Because "apparently" Kendric is about to drop the best hip hop album ever made. Thats why.

IMO this guy so far from what i have heard is no better then the "Game" and no where near as good as Eminem/Nas/.

Best album ever? it will have to top eminem and Nas to be considered one of the best albums.

So far his flow is decent and lyrics are cool but its not ground breaking. its not that fresh or unique.

I am yet to hear that killer flow, beat and lyric from this guy. U want to have the best hip hop album ever? u got to come up with the above i mentioned mate. Not something that sounds like any other hip hop song done to death over the years.

Kendric give me something spectacular. rhym about something unique and catchy. Create a whole new flow thats refreshing to the ears. Flow on a unique refreshing beat that sounds out of this world. Do that and u could be on nas/eminems level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    No, it did. It's "Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe". They just changed the name of it from "Partynauseous" to that.

Lots of mixed opinions on this but it doesn't look like the Lady Gaga track made it on the album from what the two artists have said.
    K.Dot wrote:
    "Me and Lady Gaga, we really good friends. She's not on the album. We got some records, but when I was breaking down the bulk of the album, the ones we picked, we set them aside for future reference"."I already had everything premeditated for this day, for October 22nd."

Gaga wrote:
    "I apologize to the fans that this situation with Partynausous is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this. When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music. This is why I am not his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He's a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city.

Source

• Advertisement

Gaga is such a phoney. As if she's not the product of "camps or management". :rolleyes:

Advertisement