Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Because "apparently" Kendric is about to drop the best hip hop album ever made. Thats why.

And? Whats that got to do with Nas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    just curious, how come you keep comparing kendrick to Nas?

On another note, looking forward to that track with MC Eiht on it, that'll be an interesting collaboration, a veteran of compton coming together with the next generation.

Because "apparently" Kendric is about to drop the best hip hop album ever made. Thats why.

IMO this guy so far from what i have heard is no better then the "Game" and no where near as good as Eminem/Nas/.

Best album ever? it will have to top eminem and Nas to be considered one of the best albums.

So far his flow is decent and lyrics are cool but its not ground breaking. its not that fresh or unique.

I am yet to hear that killer flow, beat and lyric from this guy. U want to have the best hip hop album ever? u got to come up with the above i mentioned mate. Not something that sounds like any other hip hop song done to death over the years.

Kendric give me something spectacular. rhym about something unique and catchy. Create a whole new flow thats refreshing to the ears. Flow on a unique refreshing beat that sounds out of this world. Do that and u could be on nas/eminems level

You've heard tracks like Rigamortus, yea? If that's not a killer flow, don't know what is.

His beats are also pretty good, and fit organically with his sound. He's not jumping on trends or going with big name producers, he's making his own sound.

He's not your cup of tea, fine, but you can hardly say he sounds like everybody else. Swimming Pools is a very non-traditional single to drop, and very much in his style.

Obviously there is very little that's new in music these days but I think he very much has his own sound.

PS - I don't think he really has to worry about Eminem if he's going for best album ever.

floggg wrote: »
    PS - I don't think he really has to worry about Eminem if he's going for best album ever.

some would argue that the mmlp and sslp are 2 of the greatest albums ever, i'm not one of them because personally i only like about half the songs on the mmlp but the sslp is a pretty damn good album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kendrick Lamar is not unique?

That's a pretty unique opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Gaga won't be on Lamar's album now, it has been changed and the song will come out on her album due next year. She had some falling out with his producers - I love Gaga but she does like getting her own way, which she does very often. She's been like that since the start though which is why LA Reid dropped her so can't really say she's becoming a diva, she was always one.
    " Gaga is such a phoney. As if she's not the product of "camps or management".

Here is not the place for it I know and believe what you like, but when she came out I liked the music but thought she was an idiot, until I watched some interviews and saw how clever she is. Is she a product? Yes, but she created herself. She tried the girl next door thing and it didn't work so she created this "Gaga" persona and she was at this before she was signed, when she was in the clubs of New York with Lady Starlight. As I said by all means, hate her, claim the label made her, I thought the same until I dug into her life a little. I went from thinking she's an idiot to getting a tattoo of her ha ha. Anyways, each to their own, I'm excited for Lamar's album. Need some good hip-hop in my life again. Enjoyed some of what Slaughterhouse did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

nice to see the lamar thread blowing up , cant wait for the album.

@jonneymendoza... section 80 is as unique as it gets, come on man there's been nothing released the last couple of years that compare to it or sound anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

some would argue that the mmlp and sslp are 2 of the greatest albums ever

Yeah but typically you don't take the opinion of 14 year old teenage bimbos seriously... ;)

Best album ever? it will have to top eminem and Nas

I am yet to hear that killer flow, beat and lyric from this guy.

Sweet jaysus. :rolleyes:

Also, Kendrick doesn't give a **** about impressing you.

Kendric give me something spectacular. rhym about something unique and catchy. Create a whole new flow thats refreshing to the ears. Flow on a unique refreshing beat that sounds out of this world. Do that and u could be on nas/eminems level

Had to come back to this post again because there's literally so much wrong with it, Kendrick has rhymed about something unique, section 80. was a story in itself.

His flow is unique, most rappers flows are unique unless they're having their songs ghost written for them.

He has rapped over new and unique beats, Swimming Pools is like nothing i've heard this year and such an unorthodox song to release as a single.

And on the Nas/Eminem comparisons, just stop it, it's silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

And? Whats that got to do with Nas?

Everything.

Nas in this forum is regarded as one of the BEST rappers ever andmany have said illmatic is one of if not the best rap album ever.

u do the math. Work it out.

This rapper is overhyped. his nothing special. the beats his rhymed or not unique at all. same sound done over and over again.

the beats Kanye and his crew put out are much more unique/refreshing then kendrics beats he has rapped on.

Kendric is comparable to GAME imo. i rate Snoop dogg, Common, Nas, enimen, jay z, all above Kendric.

Kendric will make same impact as GAME and T.I imo ie good decent 7 or 8/10 album but not a classic legend like enimen and nas.

• Advertisement

Everything.

Nas in this forum is regarded as one of the BEST rappers ever andmany have said illmatic is one of if not the best rap album ever.

u do the math. Work it out.

This rapper is overhyped. his nothing special. the beats his rhymed or not unique at all. same sound done over and over again.

the beats Kanye and his crew put out are much more unique/refreshing then kendrics beats he has rapped on.

Kendric is comparable to GAME imo. i rate Snoop dogg, Common, Nas, enimen, jay z, all above Kendric.

Kendric will make same impact as GAME and T.I imo ie good decent 7 or 8/10 album but not a classic legend like enimen and nas.

I hate to be a grammar nazi but it's Kendrick, not kendric. And it's eminem, not enimen.

Apart from that, Nas still has nothing to do with this, Kendrick never came out and said "I'm going to blow up and be bigger than Nas and Eminem" This is some idea you seem to have created in your head. Kendrick is a better lyricist than snoop and game put together, another stupid comparison on your behalf.

I honestly severely doubt you've listened to him if you think he's nothing unique, it took me a few tries to get through section 80 because i didnt like it the first few times but when i did i could instantly tell it was something special, it's like nothing that's come out in recent years.

Post some tracks from kendrick that you think sound the same, because i cant think of any off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

jonneymendoza it sounds like you are just nitpicking over "Kendric", as you have so affectionately christened him, as if to pick a fight with regulars of the forum who all see K.Dot as the next big thing, just in an effort to be controversial and perhaps because of how people here didn't approve of your comparisons of Chris Brown to Michael Jackson earlier in the year, etc.

It's either that, or you just have a really shít opinion.

This dude really thinks Eminem is a top two MC of all time doesn't he...? Ever hear of Rakim? Big Daddy Kane? Slick Rick? B.I.G.? Pac?

i rate Snoop dogg, Common, Nas, enimen, jay z, all above Kendric.

And all of these people have been rapping for 15 plus years. Worthless comparison. Comparing veterans to newcomers... :rolleyes:

I hate to be a grammar nazi but it's Kendrick, not kendric. And it's eminem, not enimen.

Apart from that, Nas still has nothing to do with this, Kendrick never came out and said "I'm going to blow up and be bigger than Nas and Eminem" This is some idea you seem to have created in your head. Kendrick is a better lyricist than snoop and game put together, another stupid comparison on your behalf.

I honestly severely doubt you've listened to him if you think he's nothing unique, it took me a few tries to get through section 80 because i didnt like it the first few times but when i did i could instantly tell it was something special, it's like nothing that's come out in recent years.

Post some tracks from kendrick that you think sound the same, because i cant think of any off the top of my head.

There was not a single tune that stood out for me.

Yes he did not come out and say he will be better then nas but he did say he will make the "best" hip hop album "ever made" That quote is why i am posting my so called contraversal topic.

Had he not mouthed off and said that, i would not be so contraversal. i like some of his songs. He has got good potential to be a cut above the rest and on the same level as GAME and T.I but to start mouthing off saying you are about to drop the best ever album? come on. Dont u think that is daft to say?

Do u think that is right to make such a bold statement? Cant u understand why i mentioned Nas and Eminem?

it is so simple to understand why. you make a bold statement saying you will make something that is the best ever made, people will then "compare" previous best work and in this case Eminems albums and Nas just to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh it's the Chris Brown/Michael Jackson guy. Now I get it.

For what it's worth if you went into the Soccer forum and said "This young player XXXX is nowhere near as good as this all time great XXXX" you would be laughed out of the place. It's just as ridiculous in here. To not like Kendrick Lamar is absolutely fine, I'm sure loads do, but to act as if everyone else is wrong because they like him and think he will be a great... That's... Yeah that's not even worth talking about really.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Oh it's the Chris Brown/Michael Jackson guy. Now I get it.

For what it's worth if you went into the Soccer forum and said "This young player XXXX is nowhere near as good as this all time great XXXX" you would be laughed out of the place. It's just as ridiculous in here. To not like Kendrick Lamar is absolutely fine, I'm sure loads do, but to act as if everyone else is wrong because they like him and think he will be a great... That's... Yeah that's not even worth talking about really.

O here we are, another poster who did not bother reading but instead jumped on the bandwagon. re read my post again.

some would argue that the mmlp and sslp are 2 of the greatest albums ever, i'm not one of them because personally i only like about half the songs on the mmlp but the sslp is a pretty damn good album.

I thought his flow was kinda weak on SSLP.

MMLP was a great album, but don't think it's anywhere near greatest ever. Lots of skippable songs, limited subject matter, and is not one I ever feel compelled to go back to listen to again.

There was not a single tune that stood out for me.

Yes he did not come out and say he will be better then nas but he did say he will make the "best" hip hop album "ever made" That quote is why i am posting my so called contraversal topic.

Had he not mouthed off and said that, i would not be so contraversal. i like some of his songs. He has got good potential to be a cut above the rest and on the same level as GAME and T.I but to start mouthing off saying you are about to drop the best ever album? come on. Dont u think that is daft to say?

Do u think that is right to make such a bold statement? Cant u understand why i mentioned Nas and Eminem?

it is so simple to understand why. you make a bold statement saying you will make something that is the best ever made, people will then "compare" previous best work and in this case Eminems albums and Nas just to name a few.

Have you ever heard an artist doing promotion for a project? Every rapper a
    I've claims they are about to release one of the best if not the best album ever.

And seeing how the album isn't out yet, wouldn't it be better to at least her it in full before calling him a liar?

I thought his flow was kinda weak on SSLP.

MMLP was a great album, but don't think it's anywhere near greatest ever. Lots of skippable songs, limited subject matter, and is not one I ever feel compelled to go back to listen to again.

Really man? I thought he sounded hungrier than ever on sslp, he switched his flow up to suit every beat perfectly. And it's the only album i own that can make me laugh, the Ken Kaniff skit is just brilliant.

I only listen to the mmlp when i wanna absolutely blast Stan because that is just a perfect song. When Kim comes on the mmlp gets turned off for me, that's when it just turns stupid.

• Advertisement

The mmlp is a certified classic IMO, excellent album. Along with chronic 2001 , mmlp is probably the album Iv listened to the most as a kid. I must of been 11 or 12 when it came out. I remember getting it on tape after my mate recorded it from cd on his stereo.

It's the ultimate slim shady alter ego album, infact its the ultimate alter character album in hip hop peroid. if you want to find out who slim shady really is listen to the mmlp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Eminems first few albums were great, but are only greatest to people of a certain age (anyone who was a kid or teenager at the time)

On Kendrick section.80 aside cartoons and cereal, the art of peer pressure and the recipe and swimming pools are 4 different and great songs. Definitely one of the better rappers to come out in the past 6 or so years.

It took me ages to starting liking his music though, and I have noticed the same with every new song he released too.

Ye that's a good point on eminems albums, he was literally huge back then and had a big influence on me getting Into hip hop, tbh he was the reason. I suppose it's a bit like PAC and biggie on the previous generation and tbh young money with today's youth even though 80 per cent of the stuff they put out isn't hip hop.

I actually love cartoons and cereal , I even think the crackhead gunplay kills his verse. Swimming pools Belive it or not I'm not mad about , it's ok dont get me wrong but it's not something I'd call great.

Ye that's a good point on eminems albums, he was literally huge back then and had a big influence on me getting Into hip hop, tbh he was the reason. I suppose it's a bit like PAC and biggie on the previous generation and tbh young money with today's youth even though 80 per cent of the stuff they put out isn't hip hop.

I actually love cartoons and cereal , I even think the crackhead gunplay kills his verse. Swimming pools Belive it or not I'm not mad about , it's ok dont get me wrong but it's not something I'd call great.

You, me and millions of others. He was hip-hop for me (along with people related to aftermath) for years after even.

I actually listened to the end of CaC today for the first time, Gunplay nearly ruins the song imo. The beat for Swimming pools is good and it just generally sounds good, probably the weaker of those 4 songs though.

CAC was a section 80 leftover though according to various hip hop sites so i wouldnt say it will be on the album unless its offered as a bonus track.

CAC was a section 80 leftover though according to various hip hop sites so i wouldnt say it will be on the album unless its offered as a bonus track.

Good point. CaC, Swimming Pools and The art of peer pressure all sound like they would fit into section.80 (well the lyrics anyway)

good kid, m.A.A.d city sounds like it is kind of a carry on from section.80 though, so it is hard to know.

i just heard a snippet of Poetic Justice. initial impressions is that it sounds like his best song his done so far.

You, me and millions of others. He was hip-hop for me (along with people related to aftermath) for years after even.

MMLP was the first hip-hop album I ever bought. I lov it back then. But I remember hearing Bitch Please 2 and thinking this is the **** I want to listen to for the rest of my life. I bought the restless LP by Xzibit and 2001 shortly after and never looked back.

2001 was way ahead of it though in my book.

MMLP was the first hip-hop album I ever bought. I lov it back then. But I remember hearing Bitch Please 2 and thinking this is the **** I want to listen to for the rest of my life. I bought the restless LP by Xzibit and 2001 shortly after and never looked back.

2001 was way ahead of it though in my book.

It was the first and one of the last albums I bought for a good while but unlike you I did not go on to find more hip-hop till a few years later.

My brother had 2001 and SSLP etc which kind of got me into hip-hop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Advertisement