Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ Invite Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I'd be eternally grateful for an invite!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

long time lurker on c&t first post here... Any chance of an invite? Promise ill use all mine to invite fellow boardies (except one that ill use to invite my boyfriend who thinks he has more change of getting on google+ before me) please?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I really hope this is the next "social network" coz what will happens is the young 'uns will stay in Facebook while the more serious people move on and just for a while...we'll have a decent, grown up website to use.

Anyone remember when facebook was cool? It was when the 13-16 year olds were still stuck on Bebo.

Anyway, I'd appreciate an invite if anyone would care as much to send me one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'd really appreciate an invite thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 -simon-

An additional work-around – which also appears to work on its own – is simply creating a status update (it’s called a ‘Share’ on Google+), e.g. “inviting people” and then pasting the Gmail addresses of friends you want to invite into the “add people” box (Next to +1 and Comment links).

If someone is willing to do this can they please PM me, and I'll send back my gmail address!?

Then I'll do the same for someone else :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

An invite would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Invite would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I wouldn't mind an invite aswell, I promise not to sell them on ebay!!

Maybe!!

Thor wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind an invite aswell, I promise not to sell them on ebay!!

Maybe!!

Things like this always end up on ebay, and that's just silly buying it off a stranger on the internet.

I much prefer begging a stranger on the internet. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Things like this always end up on ebay, and that's just silly buying it off a stranger on the internet.

I much prefer begging a stranger on the internet. :pac:

Exactly, I feel the same way, How about a lend of a tenner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd like one too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

MySpace could be coming back.
    Can Justin Timberlake Bring Sexy Back to MySpace?

0,1468,i=308780,00.jpg Last year, Justin Timberlake played former Facebook president Sean Parker in the Oscar-nominated film The Social Network. Now it appears that Timberlake's life is imitating art. The Grammy-winning singer holds a stake in Specific Media, which
    just shelled out $35 million to acquire MySpace, a site for which Timberlake will provide strategic direction.

"There's a need for a place where fans can go to interact with their favorite entertainers, listen to music, watch videos, share and discover cool stuff and just connect," Timberlake said in a statement. "MySpace has the potential to be that place. Art is inspired by people and vice versa, so there's a natural social component to entertainment."

Specific Media said it plans to "evolve MySpace into the premiere digital destination for original shows, video content, and music," with specifics to be announced in about two months. But why Timberlake?

"As we started to recognize this transaction was going to happen, the one thing we wanted was help from the creative community," Specific Media CEO Tim Vanderhook told AdAge. "We thought, 'Who is the most talented person for this?' And it was really Justin. We saw different groups of people, and he got incredibly passionate about it. "
    According to Vanderhook, Timberlake won't be a hands-off investor. He'll take up an office at MySpace's headquarters in Beverly Hills where he'll have a staff at his disposal. Vanderhook claims Timberlake's role has nothing to do with his on-screen portrayal of Parker, who coincidentally commented on MySpace's demise, saying that at one point, the site "could have been Facebook."

Timberlake shares Specific Media's vision for MySpace, Vanderhook told the AP. "When we met with Justin and we discussed what our strategy was, we hit a chord with him. One of his passions is he really enjoys helping other artists and creating a community for people to express themselves. I think we were blown away that we were able to get someone like Justin to be so excited about what we were doing," he said.
    MySpace won't have a CEO anymore; current chief Mike Jones will make his exit within the next few months, and big cuts that include trimming MySpace's staff of 400 by about half will follow. Vanderhook and his brother, Chris, will take over day-to-day operations at the site.
    At its peak in October 2008, MySpace had about 73.3 million unique visitors every month, but as of May of this year, that figure slipped to about 35 million, the L.A. Times reports. Whether Timberlake will be able to help bring MySpace's sexy back remains to be seen.

Myspace; meh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I tried all the methods and none of them are working any more. Sorry guys.

I tried all the methods and none of them are working any more. Sorry guys.

That's cool, thanks for trying. Out of interest, are they even generating invite links?
    cause I heard that the links will work if you keep trying them. they're drip feeding the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

If anyone wants an invite send me a PM with your email. I think they may have stopped people from adding people because of the huge demand for accounts. Very impressed so far, very clean interface. It really does make Facebook loook amateurish. So many great tools are integrated. I think Picasa will be hosting all your photos so they won't get downsized when you upload them which was a huge gripe I had with Facebook. Ingrates Gmail and Google chat. If I was Facebook I would be very worried. As long as they don't make it childish like Facebook I think this could over take Facebook. I hope they don't allow Zanga near this and block stupid "apps" and like pages. Like honestly I see people on Facebook who spend there whole time liking pages, why bother ?.

Google+ login

sent ya a PM SK

sent ya a PM SK
    I thought I sent you one, can you send me your email again. I delete all my emails on boards straight away. I think if I send you an invite your email address get the "OK" to login.

>> https://plus.google.com/ <<

• Registered Users Posts: 44 andrewshawire

Kinky Slinky You hardly sent one my way did you?

• Advertisement

I thought I sent you one, can you send me your email again.

sent again

FrcUd.png
    This is what I've sent so far.
    The people with letters are where I couldn't be arsed filling in names

FrcUd.png

Thanks man, Did you follow this:
    "An additional work-around – which also appears to work on its own – is simply creating a status update (it’s called a ‘Share’ on Google+), e.g. “inviting people” and then pasting the Gmail addresses of friends you want to invite into the “add people” box (Next to +1 and Comment links).
    They should then get a copy of your status update in their email and link saying “Learn more about Google+”. They can then click on that and will get taken to your post, with a Join Google+ button."

cause I didn't get a mail from Google. if you did then I'm sure they'll come in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 andrewshawire

cause I didn't get a mail from Google. if you did then I'm sure they'll come in time.

No email here yet. But thank you Kinky Slinky for the add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

FrcUd.png

How long do they take to send? Haven't gotten one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I sent you a pm too kinky. Thanks if it get in, damn you to hell if I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Invite pls

It's not working I tried to add myself with a different email and I didn't work. I think Google have blocked invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Thanks anyway

• Advertisement

It's not working I tried to add myself with a different email and I didn't work. I think Google have blocked invites.
    Yeah the invite will probably come through in the next few days

Advertisement