Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ Invite Thread

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

Any chance of an invite, I'm bored with Facebook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

karlkavo wrote: »
    Any chance of an invite, I'm bored with Facebook!

Drop me a PM with your email and i'll send ya one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just a warning: Be careful of the photo feature, if you have Google+ installed on your phone, by default it seems to assume you want the pictures online.

I would have liked a tick box to activate that behaviour on my phone, rather than it including me, from the start.

Just got a bit of a shock to see stuff that I had photographed, end up on my account. Nothing too gross, just a photo of a parcel I had sent, but still..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Amalgam wrote: »
    Just a warning: Be careful of the photo feature, if you have Google+ installed on your phone, by default it seems to assume you want the pictures online.

I would have liked a tick box to activate that behaviour on my phone, rather than it including me, from the start.

Just got a bit of a shock to see stuff that I had photographed, end up on my account. Nothing too gross, just a photo of a parcel I had sent, but still..

I think you can disable that in the options of the app. Also, when it uploads it, it won't be shared with anyone so no-one can see it until you specifically share it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah as AlmightyCushion said, they upload to a private album and "They are visible only to you until you share them.".

It might catch you out on data charges though if you don't have a decent data plan. To disable, in the app go to menu > Settings > Instant Upload (disable).

Edit: you can set it to only do uploads when you're on wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

foto joe, it got me yesterday, as my credit vanished late afternoon. Oh well. It is the sort of thing that only gets you once. Once you know..

Yeah it should be either disabled by default or ask when you first run the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Anyone want to send me a invite? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

• Advertisement

DMG_49 wrote: »

foto joe wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

DMG_49 wrote: »

PM your email address