Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3 Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That was gas, high fiving over a buddy kill when an enemy hits me point blank with a shotgun!

Good games boss! I'm offa ta bed here anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, we cleaned house man! you must a picked up 4-5 treasures for me sound! can't wait for a boards 4 vs 4 match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone seen this yet

Goal 1: Download the Beta
    Reward 1: Receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!

Goal 2: Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer
    Reward 2: Receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!

Goal 3: Complete 5 matches in every mode of Cooperative Multiplayer
    Reward 3: Receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!

Goal 4: Complete 4 Treasure Sets
    Reward 4: Recieve the Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack!

Goal 5: Rank up to level 25 in the Beta
    Reward 5: Receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!

Anyone know how we can check how many we have, as each game type is there for a limited time.

I was looking for the same answer man, only see on the records from the main MP screen, you can check your sets of treasure.

how the hell do you play co-op siege? it says 'only kills in the territory count' I run into the green circle, kill a load of guys, no money, then i randomly get 50 quid running around and now no more enemies left, just me and 2 other planks wondering around

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

how the hell do you play co-op siege? it says 'only kills in the territory count' I run into the green circle, kill a load of guys, no money, then i randomly get 50 quid running around and now no more enemies left, just me and 2 other planks wondering around

That's happened a few times to me as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I have noticed the controls do feel a tad bit sluggish. Camera/reticle movement as well as the turning too.

Indeed.

I actually went back to Uncharted 2 and played multiplayer after playing the beta a good bit today. The controls, movement, etc were impeccable in Uncharted 2 compared to the beta. You can certainly feel the difference. I'm sure Naughty Dog will iron this out for launch of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

2 of your team mates gotta be in circle/square aswell mate.

if you want to lvl up play co-op rather than competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

If there are any Boardsie regulars (or if you have a mate you'd really like to play with us) who doesn't have a code for this I have a spare one from inFamous 2. I figure everyone is in the Beta though, right?
    Ya, we cleaned house man! you must a picked up 4-5 treasures for me sound! can't wait for a boards 4 vs 4 match
    Is 4v4 possible at the moment? Because yesterday there was 8 of us in a party and it either wouldn't start a game or people got kicked/lost when we started a game. Any time I had over 5 people in the party and went to play team deathmatch it came up with an error saying 'You have too many players in your party for this game type'.

Pretty sure you could make >5 people in a party work in Uncharted 2 MP, right?

Every time I exit the beta (click the PS button and select 'Quit game') it resets my PS3, has this happened to anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

GothPunk wrote: »
    I

Every time I exit the beta (click the PS button and select 'Quit game') it resets my PS3, has this happened to anyone?

That happened to me yesterday GothPunk.

I Hope they fix the AK 47 - It's awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If there are any Boardsie regulars (or if you have a mate you'd really like to play with us) who doesn't have a code for this I have a spare one from inFamous 2. I figure everyone is in the Beta though, right?

I'd take the code if you still have it. Wouldn't mind giving this a bash over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Any of yous lads up for some games? im on right now.

PSN: Naughtix

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd take the code if you still have it. Wouldn't mind giving this a bash over the weekend.
    All yours dude, I'll PM it to you when I get home from work. You should post your PSN ID and play with us ^^.

I'm afraid Goth is too popular and cool to accept any more friends on psn tho :p

Ya, ps3 resets everytime I quit the game.

I found that alright, one co-op game, as boring as it was, got me 40,000.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All yours dude, I'll PM it to you when I get home from work. You should post your PSN ID and play with us ^^.

Cheers. Looking foward to getting killed by all of you :) I'll post my PSN ID later...once i figure out what it is.

Found this interesting guide to help you get the rewards from the full game:
    As most people probably know, the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta starts with early access on Tuesday June 28th. Early access is granted by being a PS+ member or getting a code with inFamous 2 pre-order. Beta will be open to everyone on on Monday July 4th. Beta ends on Wednesday July 13th.

Now, like usual, and for good reason, we won't keep our rank from the Beta, but depending on how much you play it, you won't go home empty handed. The different rewards are as follows.

pesico-albums-guidepictures-picture21339-uncharted-3.jpgExclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar
    Download the Uncharted 3 Beta

Simply download the Uncharted 3 Beta to get this avatar.

pesico-albums-guidepictures-picture21339-uncharted-3.jpgExclusive Beta Decal Pack 1
    Complete 10 matches in every Game type of Competitive Multiplayer

You have to complete 10 matches in each of the Competitive Multiplayer modes. Keep in mind that all modes aren't available at any given time as the Beta is divided into 3 periods with different modes in each of them. Check out the walk-through to see what you have to play when. Here is a list of the Competitive Multiplayer Modes with the period numbers they are available in:
    • Team Deathmatch (1,2&3)
    • Plunder (1)
    • Three Team Deathmatch (1&3)
    • Free For All (2)
    • Team Objective (2)
    pesico-albums-guidepictures-picture21339-uncharted-3.jpgExclusive Beta Decal Pack 2
    Complete 5 matches in every Game type of Co-operative Multiplayer

You have to complete 5 matches in each of the Co-operative Multiplayer modes. There will be three different Co-operative modes in the Beta and they will only be available in one period each. See the walk-through for full details. Here is the full list:
    • Co-op Arena (1)
    • Co-op Hunter (2)
    • Co-op Adventure (3)
    pesico-albums-guidepictures-picture21339-uncharted-3.jpgTreasure Hunter's Starter Pack
    Complete 4 Treasure Sets

During Competitive and Co-operative modes, you'll be able to pick up treasures when you kill people. These treasures will then fill up treasure sets. Each set will have 5 treasures. Certain treasures are only available in certain modes, so to get this unlock, you'll likely have to play in different modes. More details on this when available.

pesico-albums-guidepictures-picture21339-uncharted-3.jpgIn-game cash on day one
    Rank up to level 25 in the Beta

If you reach level/rank 25 during the Beta, you will get some in-game cash on day one when you get the retail version of Uncharted 3. In Uncharted 3 Beta, you gain ranks by gaining money (its like experience). You get money for winning matches, killing enemies, getting medals and completing challenges. In Uncharted 2, you had to acquire $522,000 to reach rank 25. I will update this if it has changed.

Walk-through

Introduction
    The Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta is divided into 3 periods. Each of them has it's own step in the Walk-through stating what you have to do. Keep in mind that Early Access is required to get the Decal Packs.

Period 1 - June 28th - July 4th
    In this period, you have to play 10 matches of Plunder and 5 matches of Co-op Arena as these are only available in the 1st period. I would also focus on getting 10 matches of Three Team Deathmatch as it's only available in period 1 and 3. When that is all done, you can work towards 10 matches of Team Deathmatch, but that mode will be available in all 3 periods. You should also start focusing on completing treasure sets, especially in the modes only available in this period.

Period 2 - July 4th - July 8th
    The focus in period 2 should be on playing 10 matches of Free For All, 10 matches of Team Objective and 5 matches of Co-op Hunter as they are all only available in period 2. Also focus on treasures exclusive to these modes. When you have done all that, you can focus on Team Deathmatch again if you haven't accumulated 10 matches in that mode yet.

Period 3 - July 9th - July 13th
    In the 3rd and final period of the Beta, you will have to play 5 matches of Co-op Adventure as it's only available in this period. If you didn't complete 10 matches of Team Deathmatch and Three Team Deathmatch in the previous steps, now is the time to do so. If you haven't completed 4 treasure sets or reached level 25 in the Beta yet, now is the time do that to.

Closing Comments
    Details on how to complete treasure sets are scarce at the moment and will be updated as soon as I know more. Most likely when the Beta starts. There is also no telling how much time it takes to reach level 25 in the Beta or if it continues with the same ranking values as Uncharted 2. Expect more details on that to during the Beta. Hope this all helped. If you have seen mistakes or have tips that could make the guide better, don't hesitate to let me know. Happy treasure hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I find you put a **** load of bullets into someone and it gets you know where

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Headshot wrote: »
    I find you put a **** load of bullets into someone and it gets you know where

me too, its not COD for how quickly people die thats for sure, ive emptied clips into people as they were running away and they didnt die

• Advertisement

Ya I kinda like the more health system, makes you improve your aim by going for the head in battles and its fun trying to roll out of a fight or jump out the window and surving near death. COD one hit kills wouldn't suit this game.

I think Plunder and Free For All are the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ya I kinda like the more health system, makes you improve your aim by going for the head in battles and its fun trying to roll out of a fight or jump out the window and surving near death. COD one hit kills wouldn't suit this game.

you definitely stand more of a chance in one on ones, you can roll out of the way and into cover instead of someone getting the drop on you and killing you with one shot to the head.

how friggin cool is the beginning of they airstrip level on TDM though, nice way to change up the regular "map with people on either side" setup of TDM

definitley krudler, can't wait to see what some of the other maps will be like on full release. games go really quick, in a good way!

Kiith wrote: »
    Cheers. Looking foward to getting killed by all of you :) I'll post my PSN ID later...once i figure out what it is.
    Check yo PM's! :)

Anyone on now up for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The lighting is very poor in the beta, hopefully thats fix

I would love a map tbh. I have my doubts about the mp tbh, not sure is it my cup a tea, but that could be just the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Headshot wrote: »
    The lighting is very poor in the beta, hopefully thats fix

I would love a map tbh. I have my doubts about the mp tbh, not sure is it my cup a tea, but that could be just the beta

Didnt you rage quit in your first game tho :P Just messing, its not really my kind of game either, at least MP wise. The only type of 3rd person games I like playing MP are RPG's etc.

I kept getting caught from behind because it takes so long to turn.

anyone know how the Smoke Bomb works before I buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

anyone know how the Smoke Bomb works before I buy it?

It's pretty cool, nearly dead and abra-kedabra press up to disappear..:D

Advertisement