Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3 Beta

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's pretty cool, nearly dead and abra-kedabra press up to disappear..:D

Excellent, thanks man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had my first two team deathmatches there, and I'm fairly underwhelmed. Only played one level (mansion?), and still nice to see climeable surfaces, but otherwise fairly dull, even confusing layout. Gunplay doesn't have much bite to it, all feels - as has been said here - sluggish. Buddy system is nice for respawning but feels a bit jittery for high fiving etc... Sprinting is awkward, and perhaps it's the one and a half year gap but I don't remember U2 MP being quite so by the numbers, and the cover system is nowhere near as effective here.

And the menus are really very crappy.

Uncharted 3 is the easiest sell in the world for me - another singleplayer game on the quality of U2 is all I really want, and I'm sure I'm going to get. A nice multiplayer component would be a nice extra. My time with this has been brief and I'll try again tomorrow, but it feels like a step in the wrong direction - sluggish, awkward and lacking physicality. In short, everything Uncharted isn't. Guess that's what betas are for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GothPunk wrote: »
    Check yo PM's! :)

Thanks for that. Signed up last night, and will try get some playtime tonight. Might be Wednesday before i can play properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So started out shakey enough, found it hard to get my aim down and really take people down but after a few hours yesterday I can say i'm now where I want to be. Definitely very enjoyable once you get the hang of it!!

The AK can be hard to use, from range it's pretty bad but if you can get the hang of it and aiming you can destroy people at close range and the rapid fire mode makes it even better, make sure to utilise the slight zoom also as it can help.

Controlling the map and power weapons is another big part of the game, the spas on airstrip is insanely good, nearly guaranteed 6 kills with 6 bullets everytime, pick it up and keep moving and sprinting, get up close and they go down everytime just dont actually aim just press R1 when within melee range and it's instant kill as it auto aims from that range!! Double tap with the Pistole and same result.

Use the micro pistol once unlocked, great for hanging off ledges and catching people off guard and a good way to play defensive and hold down an area.

Finally the militia man kickback is by far the best, with the AK and rapidfire 30 seconds of no reloading is too good to turn down and it's 7 medal cost so easy to get. I usually have it 3 or 4 times per game as it stacks! Also note it doesen't give you unlimited ammo for power weapons but will refill their ammo if used when you have one in your hand which is amazing with the spas, basically gives you 11 bullets for it!!

Have been topping pretty much every game now by a good margin and even went 26 - 1 last night on airstrip!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played abit more last night and im getting to grips with it. Still feels abit sluggish but coping with it.

For those having trouble with the lighting i had the same problem. Best to put the Colour to Full in the display settings on the PS XML. Then in the game settings put the brightness to 100% Looks grand then, without being over white.

I "fixed" my crashing issue if anyone else had the same problem. When you are searching for a game you cant move the menu left nor right to the party screen or the facebook screen.

• Advertisement

lads, can any of ye tell me how to get the medal kickbacks? I know you have to get a certain number of medals for each one but I only seem to get medals from the treasure chests (3 medals). I usually come in the top 2 of my team but have never got a kickback. Anyway to check how many medals you have at a given time?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    lads, can any of ye tell me how to get the medal kickbacks? I know you have to get a certain number of medals for each one but I only seem to get medals from the treasure chests (3 medals). I usually come in the top 2 of my team but have never got a kickback. Anyway to check how many medals you have at a given time?

Thats odd. Have you got your kickback equiped? Are you playing on Hardcore? Medals are obtained in loads of different ways and are very easy to obtain that i get multiple kickbacks per game simply by playing. If shows how many medals you need to obtain your equiped kickback on the top left of the HUD during gameplay, then you press up on the D Pad to activate it. Being the KDR whore that I am, I find the smoke bomb to be very nice indeed :D Off the top of my head...

Sunday Stroll: Run 1000 Metres
    Commando: Get 5-7 kills with a Longun
    Drakes on a Plane: Be the leading team at the end of the Airplane sequence
    Afterlife: Kill an Enemy after dying
    Fly on a Wall: Kill an Enemy hanging from a wall

There is actually a list of them on one of the menu's in the beta

those medals count as well? i get a good few of them, maybe its cuz i have the rpg selected and that takes 17 or something medals. gonna get the smoke bomb next time im on and test it out, thanks man!

New modes out today with the release of the public beta with Team Objectives and CO-OP Hunters.

Just about had my fill of the beta. Gonna wait for retail release of the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The Team Objective playlist is one of the most fun multi-player games i've ever played! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

The Team Objective playlist is one of the most fun multi-player games i've ever played! Brilliant!

+ 1 only annoying thing with it is, if your with the dumb feckers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Anyone for a few games. PSN-Remi223

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Anyone for a few games. PSN-Remi223

Gonna add ya there in a bit man. ;)

this was the match me and my mates had on the 1st week! :D (mate uploaded) So loving this game!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I def be around tomorrow for a few games if anyones around , my psn : boh3mianrhapsdy

sent you an invite there richy, i deleted your one a while ago didn't know it was you :)

played FFA a while ago was clearing up. Tried team objective but didnt like it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

sheehy83 wrote: »
    sent you an invite there richy, i deleted your one a while ago didn't know it was you :)

played FFA a while ago was clearing up. Tried team objective but didnt like it at all.

No bother sheehy i accept it tomorrow , to lazy to get out of bed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is this open to all yet or will it be open to all standard PSN users? I didn't get my 30 day + trial... :/

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is this open to all yet or will it be open to all standard PSN users? I didn't get my 30 day + trial... :/

Yupp, its open to the public as we speak. The beta will end July 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Downloaded this and said I'd have "a quick game" last night, ended up playing for about 4 hours:o I've never really played FPS's before but I'm beginning to see how people might enjoy them. Needless to say it took me awhile to get into it but I didn't completely suck for a few rounds near the end which was nice, might have to pick this up when it comes out...

I'll probably be on later again if anyone wants to add me, my id is brennarj1. I'm not very good though, I think the highlight of my night was picking up the treasure in the plunder one and carrying it away from my own base as my teammates (all fairly high level players) watched in horror, luckily we still won the round:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Was the 3 way team deathmatch inclueded in the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Big Knox wrote: »

Controlling the map and power weapons is another big part of the game, the spas on airstrip is insanely good, nearly guaranteed 6 kills with 6 bullets everytime, pick it up and keep moving and sprinting, get up close and they go down everytime just dont actually aim just press R1 when within melee range and it's instant kill as it auto aims from that range!! Double tap with the Pistole and same result.

What's the spas and whereabouts is it on the airstrip, is it just a weapon that you pick up like the pistole? Don't think I've come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

rickyjb wrote: »
    What's the spas and whereabouts is it on the airstrip, is it just a weapon that you pick up like the pistole? Don't think I've come across it.

It's a shotgun, not sure where it is though. Only time I've used it I think is in Co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Any chance this is getting extended? Have been away from my ps3 for the last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Good job this is finishing tomorrow.
    Was playing TDM on airstrip and there were two lads outside the map shooting in.
    They could shoot us but we couldn't shoot them.
    Stayed away from that end and they could stilll shoot me...through walls.
    Needs abit of work, but hey, that's what betas are for.
    One more thing, that power play is a load of poop. You build up a nice lead, only to be "exposed".
    I enjoyed it all the same.

F1ngers wrote: »
    One more thing, that power play is a load of poop. You build up a nice lead, only to be "exposed".

Agree with this. If your team is playing well and your playing well why should you be penalised? Marked man is ok, exposed not so bad, but double bullet damage is a joke. Makes it impossible to win 1v1 gun fights. Hope they take this feature out or just have a playlist without it

Agree with this. If your team is playing well and your playing well why should you be penalised? Marked man is ok, exposed not so bad, but double bullet damage is a joke. Makes it impossible to win 1v1 gun fights. Hope they take this feature out or just have a playlist without it

+ 1 with double damage, thats the only thing that really fecking me off in this game!

btw there's a playlist called "hardcore" and there's no powerplays innit, but it's boring imo.

Advertisement