Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3 Beta

Options
  • 26-06-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭

The 28th see's the launch of the U3 beta, can't wait to see it in action. It will be available to people who bought Infamous 2, and PS+ members and everyone on the 4th of July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There has been some content on the store that the plus discount does not apply to if you're not a normal member, i'd think it'll be limited to those that have paid for plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

when does the free psn+ thing end?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Hell yeah can't wait! Got up to level 60 on U2 with pretty decent k/d. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    when does the free psn+ thing end?

It's available for a month along with the rest of the welcome back pack, not sure how long is left on it tho.

This should be a laugh, bound to get a few boardsies on each night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    There has been some content on the store that the plus discount does not apply to if you're not a normal member, i'd think it'll be limited to those that have paid for plus.

In fairness we all paid for "+", as it's a welcome back from sony.
    If they disqualified people because they did not pay for it...hmm, good PR...not.

I've no interest in PS+(Fallout 3 dlc was nice - that's all), I've also no interest in U3 mp beta, but if they disqualified people because they're not "paid up" members, it would be an interesting move.

Ya would be crap if they decided to hold back on certain things with PS+. I got infamous 2 so i'll def be on this and looking forward to it. The beta is available to everyone next week so everyone will be on at some stage, ps+ or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Expect alot of crashes, day one patches ,freezing issues its a giving but i def be on it tuesday

Expect alot of crashes, day one patches ,freezing issues its a giving but i def be on it tuesday

In fairness that is what betas are all about, ironing out the creases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So if you don't have a code from Infamous 2, and your using the welcome back PS+, your more or less screwed? Seeing as you can neither download the beta using the welcome back PS+ nor can you buy a PS+ subscription whilst using the welcome back PS+.

• Advertisement

Someone must be able to clear this up if it will work for welcome back pack ps+?

Well Yahoo news seems to think welcome back ps+ users will get early access to the beta as well

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110623/tc_digitaltrends/uncharted3betalaunchesforplaystationplususersnextweek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

.sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well Yahoo news seems to think welcome back ps+ users will get early access to the beta as well

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110623/tc_digitaltrends/uncharted3betalaunchesforplaystationplususersnextweek

Looks like I got a key with my file planet/IGN sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone know what time it's going live??

Not sure of an exact time, just gonna keep checking tomorrow to start the download asap, guess it's gonna be a big one!

Found this link that shows you will unlock rewards in the full retail version by completing tasks in the Beta. I can't get onto it in work. Can someone post the tasks and rewards please?

http://www.playstationfuture.com/2011/06/25/uncharted-3-beta-participants-will-receive-mp-rewards/

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can someone post the tasks and rewards please?

Participating in the coming Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta will net you a handful of rewards and goodies ready for the game’s launch in November if you satisfy the correct criteria. Speaking on the official Naughty Dog Forums, Arne Meyer detailed what you’ll get for playing:
    • Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
    • Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
    • Complete 5 matches in every mode of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
    • Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack!
    • Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!
    The Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta will be available on the 28th June (one week early) to all purchasers of inFamous 2 and all PlayStation Plus subscribers. The Beta will be opened to everyone on the 5th July, and will eventually finish on the 13th July.

Sound man! Excellent, achivements for beta play. This beta is gonna be awesome! Gonna expect the odd glitches and packed servers but can't wait to play this! Feel like buying Uncharted 2 again after I finish Infamous 2!

I only played a small bit of MP on Uncharted 2, anyone here spend a lot of time on it? Does it keep you going or get boring after a while?

Edit: just read on gamefaqs the download will be 1.7GB's. Then again, it's gamefaqs so dunno how true it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Sound man! Excellent, achivements for beta play. This beta is gonna be awesome! Gonna expect the odd glitches and packed servers but can't wait to play this! Feel like buying Uncharted 2 again after I finish Infamous 2!

I only played a small bit of MP on Uncharted 2, anyone here spend a lot of time on it? Does it keep you going or get boring after a while?

Edit: just read on gamefaqs the download will be 1.7GB's. Then again, it's gamefaqs so dunno how true it is.

Really really enjoyed UC2 MP, spent a fair amount of time on it when it came out so I know this is gonna be epic. Definitely doesen't get boring!!

No prob bud! :D Played fair amount of time with U2 multiplayer myself, i actually got up to level 60 on my two account lol :D It's a decent multiplayer back in the day when it was on 1.04 update, but then naughty dog released an update and completely broke their game. :mad:

Ya I was reading in other places how an update killed the MP with awful lag. How was this not fixed. From what i'm reading, it's kind of putting me off getting U2 again for MP.

Anyway, beta today!! For anyone who hasn't seen, trailer for the beta and 10 minute preview of the beta:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Still waiting on it to be uploaded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That site linked with the rewards updated to say 22:00BST.....so you could be waiting and refreshing for some time.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Thanks Sabre :(

Accordingly its already out in Hong Kong and Singapore.

Downloading it now.
    Thanks for the heads up.

It is 1.7GB.

Indeed it is :D Downloading it now :cool:

F1ngers wrote: »
    Downloading it now.
    Thanks for the heads up.

It is 1.7GB.

Add me, WolfForagerHK.

EDIT: Assuming i can't use my normal PSN account.

EDIT EDIT: The HK Beta works with other accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The code I got with Infamous 2 isnt valid for some reason, has it got up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

22:00 tonight! :(

Hong Kong and Singapore ps plus subscribers or is it up for everyone?

• Advertisement

Notorioux wrote: »
    Hong Kong and Singapore ps plus subscribers or is it up for everyone?

PS+

Lads, the beta is godly, they've actually improved on U2, which i didn't think they could!

Advertisement