Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3 Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Headshot wrote: »
    A beta is what a developer launches for players to test the game and get some feedback from them :)

Ah right thanks, so basically a demo, but giving people the oppurtunity to rage: "ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH SECOND CHANCE IS FOR NOOOOOOOOBS, REMOVE IT OR ILL RING JOE DUFFY!!!!"

Yes? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ah right thanks, so basically a demo, but giving people the oppurtunity to rage: "ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH SECOND CHANCE IS FOR NOOOOOOOOBS, REMOVE IT OR ILL RING JOE DUFFY!!!!"

Yes? :pac:
    Bingo. Its like testing the water and getting feedback from the community

about the beta

Idk why they would release a beta as ****ed up at this

numerous ps3 freezes. Not good for the ps3

I have Joe Duffy on quick dial so he'll be getting a ring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Headshot wrote: »
    Bingo. Its like testing the water and getting feedback from the community

about the beta

Idk why they would release a beta as ****ed up at this

numerous ps3 freezes. Not good for the ps3

I have Joe Duffy on quick dial so he'll be getting a ring :D

There is a HUGE difference between internal alpha/beta testing and full scale beta testing, they obviously didnt have these issues with their internal testing.... or else they would have fixed it then.

It could be worse..they could have done what Treyarch/IW do and leave it until the actual release date before realising the game had some serious issues.

Almost every beta is like this for the first few days.

Magill wrote: »
    There is a HUGE difference between internal alpha/beta testing and full scale beta testing, they obviously didnt have these issues with their internal testing.... or else they would have fixed it then.

It could be worse..they could have done what Treyarch/IW do and leave it until the actual release date before realising the game had some serious issues.

Almost every beta is like this for the first few days.

thats very true, we dont want that again, that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »

Then taking months to fix it, or not fix it at all.

Everyone relax, its a free beta, give it a couple of days and they'll hopefully fix the issues, wont affect me buying the game at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

got a game of free for all there. Was doing well despite having no idea of the controls and it was Fun! Then my ps3 froze >< i'll leave it for tonight i'd say. Can anyone tell Me how to reload and take cover please? I'm at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

managed to get in for a few games, while i was able to play it was fairly good, its frozen my playstation every time tho, and some times when its connecting to the server and i bring up the playstation menu thing it freezes to. I had a game of that horde mode type thing and it was laggy as hell and in on game the ai just stopped working and the mobs just stood there and i had fun melee'ing them all to death :D

the one game i had that didnt freeze was full of Americans bickering then everyone left except me and one other guy but he was permanently dead on the ground so i left.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Arghhhh...!!! Couldn't complete even a single game without freeze me and my mate owning in 3 team deathmatch 13 - 7 - 0 then freeze. :mad: After i've waited for whole feckin day for this. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it's important to add that a beta is deliberately unfinished software.

It's released before the software is due to be completed to try and catch issues early on. A beta will often be a debug build or have test code included that will make it perform much worse than a final/retail build. It may also be released before a lot of performance optimisations have been added. Because this is such a large public beta it's also possible, maybe even probable, that the code for the beta was branched from the main some time ago, possibly months. It's very possible that the developers are actually a few months ahead of what you're getting in the beta.

Either way, keep in mind that it's unfinished software and may not reflect the final quality of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just pushed v1.01 for #UNCHARTED3 Beta in the US. Other regions will roll out over time. Go to XMB, relaunch Beta to d/l the update #fb

twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Agree completely Stevenmu.

I downloaded this and was really looking forward to playing it, but couldn't get past the title screen, even after 20 minutes of trying. I just thought to myself, 'meh, it's a beta for a reason'. :) Will give it another shot after work.

Conversely, Gears of War 3 had a beta last month (really enjoyed that) which was surprisingly stable I must say. In any case, I really like this as a move from developpers. Uncharted 3 could ship without MP and I'll still buy it day 1 :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't seem to get into a game of anything other than Co-op arena but nonetheless, tis very enjoyable. No freezes for me so far in the hour and bit I've put in.

The update is out now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

And 5 freezes for me:/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Played a game of TDM. The moving plane to airfield map I guess you can call it that. Brilliant stuff :D

Was 7-1 before finishing 15-7, still first game so am happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

And 5 freezes for me:/
    Hmmm. Sounds like you're tempting fate. Anymore than two and I'd give up until they fixed it. Wouldn't want the laser crapping out on you or getting the ylod. But you never know.
    All I know is that on two separate occasions my PS3 has frozen, the laser has crapped out on me and needed to be replaced. Mind you, it's frozen on me several times before and nothing has happened to it.

Think I will jump onto this later on today and see what it's like.

cant even sign in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Was playing it 2 hours ago and it worked perfectly for me.
    Brilliant game, so hyped for the full game. Going to play some more later. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

any of yous wiv pvr can record my match 4 me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I got it last night, but sadly havent played it yet, gonna be on it most of tonight tho if it works for me, Beta's have a habit of having a few kinks in them but anyways it should be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Downloading now, cmon FFS! Anyway, devs put up a vid explaining the multiplayer features like buddy system, boosters, treasures, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Downloading now, cmon FFS! Anyway, devs put up a vid explaining the multiplayer features like buddy system, boosters, treasures, etc.

Saw that on eurogamer yesterday, then watched it a few too many times while waiting and trying to get into a game yesterday.

just added you on psn there varik, anyone wanna add me, psn is sheehy83. can you setup a private game in this?

Bollox!!! download and installed. Then tried to install update 1.01 and it just resets the ps3 with the loud beeping noise. Tried again when it rebooted and same thing. oh wait, its installing now, phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Im kicked more arse in us3 than i did in u2

lots of boardsies on at the moment, ye wanna play?

Some great matches there with GrumpyPants, this is fairly addicting stuff! Had to laugh when I got the medal 'Drakes on a plane'. Buddy system is class, went to highfive grump and another guy ran over to do it instead and he automatically became my buddy, good to know if ya wanna change. Can't wait to get better guns or upgrades. Don't like the gmal at all.

I'll be on later bout 10.30 if ye wanna get a boards game going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Goth is currently trying to get a game together. Waiting ion a lobby atm for those that are interested!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My connection just crapped out... and I cant get it back online. Gonna reset the router and see what the fudge happens. Even loading boards took 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I didn't even like the multiplayer on UC2 but loving it on UC3. Feels like they focused a lot more on the multiplayer part in this. The buddy system seems great and the power plays in TDM help the matches from going too one sided. Looking forward to the full game even more now.

Advertisement