Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I have consulted my accountant and he has advised me I can offer half a quarter pounder an unopened can of lilt and a reek of turf from last summer(abit wet like)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

with a diesel golf you are allowed to simply name your price. also if the wheels are 16" or bigger you get to add 25% to your initial price for every additional inch. also, if it has more than one red letter on the badge you have to advertise it as "POA" because donedeal only allows a price up to 6 characters long.
    if the mileage is sub 150k i reckon i'd go in asking €1800, see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I have consulted my accountant and he has advised me I can offer half a quarter pounder an unopened can of lilt and a reek of turf from last summer(abit wet like)

Arah but all that torque? :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

CianRyan wrote: »
    It's a DC2, he probably filled it 5 minutes before that picture. :p
    That's cos most normal people drive them like they're auditioning for the part of the Stig CR. :D To be fair the high RPM music is damned addictive and the car begs you to push the loud pedal.

Now I say normal people, cos well it's me so all bets are off on that score. I drive her easy 95% of the time and 40 miles to the gallon in old money is not an impossibility at all. I ran a non Type R Teg before this one(1.8 SiR. so 15 years driving an Integra :eek:) and I can tell you the R is a remarkably miserly bastid if driven with a light right foot. If one keeps away from the raw meat and tasty temptation of "VTEC just kicked in Yo!" it's damn near a holier than thou Prius. With organic asparagus. For a start it's much lighter than the SiR and the engine is more efficient. Both designed to make for more road racer performance, but equally taking it easy and doing the oul cheapskate hypermiling tricks that makes for crazy economy considering what it is. Insane considering what it is. Put it this way I drove from Dublin to Aberdeen and back on a tank and a half of motion lotion. And I have witnesses. One of which suggested that while she was asleep I had gotten out and pushed for much of the trip. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Today I added about 38bhp to the Fiesta by taking the first pictue and installing it in the second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

So today I put on a new mirror onto the golf (well, finished it)

The old one:
    945312_10151673041009528_1978177514_n.jpg

The new one in progress
    1006167_10151673041014528_2028890453_n.jpg

And we're done
    936458_10151673040969528_261299821_n.jpg

Some new trim bits came for the e60. I only put on the replacement M stickers for the alloy that was missing: (I also need a new hub sticker)
    580145_10151673042264528_1899091050_n.jpg

And finally, with the trim pack they sent a random I <3 BMW sticker. I stuck it where I will need to be reminded of this love the most :P
    1010510_10151673041984528_1497312110_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Finally secured the subwoofer enclosure to its finale location.
    Plays a subtle but deep bass that you can feel very well even on the front. Had to put some dynamat on the back of it because there was too much vibrations. Made a nice difference.

Still need to put a cover at the bottom to hide those wires.

111.JPG

112.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Get out ya pig!
    Image765.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Dash bulb gone again?

Tallon wrote: »
    Dash bulb gone again?

Cigar lighter blew a fuse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

€474.78, a chunk of my thumb, lots of swearing and most of Saturday resulted in my interior being transformed :D

(And yes I will be giving the car a thorough cleaning next weekend!)

Before:

IMAG0286_zps443ffaf0.jpg

After:

IMAG0297_zps1808c00e.jpg

IMAG0295_zpsb198d7a3.jpg

IMAG0294_zps2e328b73.jpg

IMAG0293_zpsb631ae98.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Elbow wrote: »
    €474.78, a chunk of my thumb, lots of swearing and most of Saturday resulted in my interior being transformed :D

(And yes I will be giving the car a thorough cleaning next weekend!)

Lovely work. Superbly jealous.
    Did you have to put in any extra wiring for the extra electronics in the seats?

Ive plans to upgrade my seats (VW CC), but ive read the drivers may not have all the wiring required (depends on how snazzy the new seats are), and the passenger side has zero wiring.

Lovely work. Superbly jealous.
    Did you have to put in any extra wiring for the extra electronics in the seats?

Ive plans to upgrade my seats (VW CC), but ive read the drivers may not have all the wiring required (depends on how snazzy the new seats are), and the passenger side has zero wiring.

The wiring was pretty simple once I'd got access to the back of the fuse box (a right pain in the arse!)

All wired as per factory so 2 positive feeds from positions 65 & 70 in the fuse box, one from the K bus for the memory settings and the earthing points are in the door sill.

I don't faff about :pac:
    Image767.jpg

The driveshafts and electrics will be the challenge. Along with trying to get the speedo to work, f*ck retrofitting abs!
    Image768.jpg

Until that car gets moved I can't do much more! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I genuinely think those basic e46 seats are the worst seats I've seen in any car, they're bloody horrible.

As the for leathers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Paid tax for a year today, 710 :(

Prob the only day of the year where I'm glad I didn't go for a bigger engine :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I genuinely think those basic e46 seats are the worst seats I've seen in any car, they're bloody horrible......

And anyone who purchased them day one should be shot. I always wonder if it was a "Paddy Spec" option only available in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

renofan wrote: »
    And anyone who purchased them day one should be shot. I always wonder if it was a "Paddy Spec" option only available in Ireland!

Nope, the E46 I had was a UK import and had these stupid excuses for seats :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

My Father, (in the good times (2005)), who had a 2002 Alfa 147 highly spec'd model went to the garage to get petrol and came home in a 2004 316. I could have killed him, now I like BMW's put that thing was so poorly spec'd my '98 Micra had more gadgets :pac:

I never took a picture of the car I hated it so much! He kept it for two years and has a decent spec'd E90 now.

Same story with mine, the fiesta I had before had better seats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Probably a stupid question with an obvious solution but I'm trying to get the metal barrier that's behind the seat in the van to come off and I've no connections to the holes that have it locked into the panel :o brought the tool kit out but can't find anything that'll fit or make them budget. Its me doing something stupid I know but can someone point me in the right direction please :p taking it off to respray it BTW :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

They're rivets

Here's some steps to remove them: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Rivets

Unless someone has an easier method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

rizzee wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question with an obvious solution but I'm trying to get the metal barrier that's behind the seat in the van to come off and I've no connections to the holes that have it locked into the panel :o brought the tool kit out but can't find anything that'll fit or make them budget. Its me doing something stupid I know but can someone point me in the right direction please :p taking it off to respray it BTW :-)

They look like Pop rivets.

Cordless drill and a fairly big drill bit. Say 10mm maybe? Depends on the size if the rivet.

Just drill the centre out of the rivet, the flat head part in the pic will come away and if the drill doesn't knock out the shaft part behind the head, a punch and hammer will.

BillJ wrote: »

7 weeks worth of petrol for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Car mats from Micks garage arrived today!:)
    Only ordered them yesterday so Im happy. Wasnt expecting them until tomorrow or friday.
    Now if anyone sees genuine 156 car mats for sale let me know.

Also got the insurance disk until September today. 190 quid well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

bmstuff wrote: »

:eek:

:eek:

Yeah or 3 months tax for me and 2 weeks petrol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Scortho wrote: »
    Car mats from Micks garage arrived today!:)
    Only ordered them yesterday so Im happy. Wasnt expecting them until tomorrow or friday.
    Now if anyone sees genuine 156 car mats for sale let me know.

Also got the insurance disk until September today. 190 quid well spent.

How do they look? You left the photocopy of your logbook in my car btw, will give it to you whenever you're around this part of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

bmstuff wrote: »

I'd go through that in a week :P

Meanwhile, today I headed up to the loverly dgt to get bonnet lifters fitted, pikey mechanics at it's finest! :pac:

There's now Nissan Micra, and Alfa parts on my car (The shame) :P

66ar8h.jpg

ilm989.jpg

ebes81.jpg

2mwwnyo.jpg

They weren't fitting properly, so we had to "de vintage" it a bit :pac:

ejwmjq.jpg

vec8hx.jpg

Next on the agenda, pikey headlight alignment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Excellent idea! I think all cars should have that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement