Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Today I replaced the sump gasket on the xantia & changed the oil :), with a little bit of info from dgt ;).
    While doing so I broke the aux belt tensioner bolt so now it it must be drilled out. :pac:
    Another day of rooting tomorrow i guess :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

Fully serviced the focus:D First time i'v ever servied a car before :cool: The filter was a nightmare to get off. It was rusty and i'd say it's been on the car for years! Put a screwdriver through it and just turned her and it finally loosened up for me:D

Was a good buzz, I was paranoid about getting the oil level right but it was very easy.. Never going to ask anyone to do a service for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Delivery!

Ouu...Ill like those, have the front foot well lights, wouldnt mind putting some in the back! Any chance of a link for the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Got my mr2 all nice and straight this morning. Used this guy(quickdent.info/)...he was tapping away at the dent like father ted for an hour and a half and got all the dents out - the guys a genius.

I had a few small ones in the boot (and one big one)
    Panel on the side was creased when a cyclist wanker kicked it
    The fuel cover was dented by someone in a car park
    The fuel cap surround on the body had a nicr ding (was there when I bought it)

anyway he charged €80 for the above repairs, definately recommended

His number is: 085 7057058

tried to take a few pics of the dents but they didnt really show well on the camera

EDIT Found a few pics:

Wish I took more pics but heres the dent that was at the fuel cap. I tried taking pics but you couldnt really see the dents in them

BEFORE:

img0456large.jpg

w8kp.jpg

AFTER:

auy6.jpg

3mcc.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

damo86 wrote: »
    Ouu...Ill like those, have the front foot well lights, wouldnt mind putting some in the back! Any chance of a link for the website?

Here they are. Credit where credit is due. Vectra pointed me towards them. Happy sofar. they look good, they were cheap, and 2 weeks delivery aint half bad.

If only the install went a bit better. Looks like I may have to remove the seats. :(

• Advertisement

Here they are. Credit where credit is due. Vectra pointed me towards them. Happy sofar. they look good, they were cheap, and 2 weeks delivery aint half bad.

If only the install went a bit better. Looks like I may have to remove the seats. :(
    really, have tried already..sounds a balls!

Want to install the rear view camera..but again a ballache to do! easier to look at mirrors! :P

Cheers for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Got my mr2 all nice and straight this morning. Used this guy(quickdent.info/)...he was tapping away at the dent like father ted for an hour and a half and got all the dents out - the guys a genius.

I had a few small ones in the boot (and one big one)
    Panel on the side was creased when a cyclist wanker kicked it
    The fuel cover was dented by someone in a car park
    The fuel cap surround on the body had a nicr ding (was there when I bought it)

anyway he charged €80 for the above repairs, definately recommended

His number is: 085 7057058

tried to take a few pics of the dents but they didnt really show well on the camera

PDR is a great service, and such good value too considering how nasty some dents can make a car look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

PDR is a great service, and such good value too considering how nasty some dents can make a car look.

tell me about it - every time I looked at the side in the sun I was reminded of that cowardly wankbag that kicked the car :mad:

anyway thumbs up for quickdent A1 service

damo86 wrote: »
    really, have tried already..sounds a balls!

Want to install the rear view camera..but again a ballache to do! easier to look at mirrors! :P

Cheers for the link!

Ill let you know how mine goes when I get around to it. Should be before this time next year.

Took a spin down to Larry at CleanCar.ie in New Ross this morning for an exterior detail. Well impressed by the results, job is absolutely faultless. Car was washed, clayed, had two coats of poorboys haze (for the life of me I can't remember the exact product) followed by two coats of Collinite 376. Took about 3 hours in total. Well worth a visit and very reasonably priced too.

IMAG0067_zps997713c5.jpg
    IMAG0070_zps095920e2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks brand new! :P

Looks brand new! :P

You know what I like about you?

Nothing.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Really liking those wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

any more photos of that e32 in the background ?

any more photos of that e32 in the background ?

It's an e34, not minty mint but looks well. That's all I have. Their website might have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Don't like the painted inserts on the front bumper of that E34, or the E39 wheels!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You know what I like about you?

Nothing.

:pac:
    Nice car MC. Well wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Herself's polo has been popping up an engine light every so often so I plugged it in.
    Address 01: Engine
    Controller: 030 906 032 AM
    Component: ME7.5.10 3244
    Coding: 00001
    Shop #: WSC 00788
    3 Faults Found:
    17811 - EGR System: Regulation Divergence
    P1403 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    16785 - EGR System: Insufficient Flow
    P0401 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    16490 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): Implausible Signal
    P0106 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0000 0000

Out with the marigolds and toothbrush for a start anyway :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Sprayed the interior rear of the civic, Started removing the sound deadening which has to be the most boring job ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Was going stir crazy in the office, so went for a drive & afterwards got Larry to undo the mess. New premises is mighty cool!

IMG_6020-Edit-as-Smart-Object-1_zpse15d96f2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Only minor modifications today, the replacement hubcaps arrived for olga today so I changed them on. Or center caps, ya know, whatever you are calling them these days :P
    Still more stuff in the pipeline too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Only minor modifications today, the replacement hubcaps arrived for olga today so I changed them on.
    Still more stuff in the pipeline too!

Little touches make all the difference :)

You might want to change your post to say centre caps. I got a bit of a bollocking for calling them hub caps before :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Little touches make all the difference :)

You might want to change your post to say centre caps. I got a bit of a bollocking for calling them hub caps before :p

Yes, a lot of the trim is a bit tatty on closer inspection. I've also got amongst other things a new hood badge on order too. I think subconsciously I am avoiding the big job that needs doing.

Well, there are two. Front bumper scratch repair and respray - and replacement tires on all 4 corners.

Frustrated my fingers to the bone trying to get this B block out for my footwell lights. Im at a loss. There is a clip to push in, but something else is holding it in.

IMAG0395.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Well myself, Quazzie and Drummerboy got stuck in tonight. We finished fitting the rear adjustable toe arms and finished the wheel alignment (which was mainly sorted by Barry of deliver-it.ie), there's toe and camber everywhere lol

Oil was changed, timing and fueling checked, seat changed, car cleaned inside and out along with a shedload of other stuff done. Wouldn't get a jot of it done without the lads

1017634_10151547969467825_1955800635_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Frustrated my fingers to the bone trying to get this B block out for my footwell lights. Im at a loss. There is a clip to push in, but something else is holding it in.

IMAG0395.jpg

Ah,
    That block is totally different setup to my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Car booked in for NCT in 2 weeks time, looks like there's a few spots open in the athlone centre if anyone needs one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So it begins.... Again :pac: Just prepping for now.... ;)
    Image778.jpg

De-polluting
    Image781.jpg

Almost ready. Just shafts and the exhaust left to remove, but will do so when it's at the new location :)
    Image780.jpg
    Image779.jpg

Right, now to remove that hape in the yard!!! :p

vectra wrote: »
    Ah,
    That block is totally different setup to my car.

It has been suggested that the red clip is holding everything in. Its as tight as a ducks arse on water in there though. Not sure how I can remove anything.

• Advertisement

It has been suggested that the red clip is holding everything in. Its as tight as a ducks arse on water in there though. Not sure how I can remove anything.
    take it you move the red clip to the right? (I see the wee arrow)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement